To escape from the debate, a small poll

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Wiergraf

To escape from the debate, a small poll

Post by Wiergraf »

IF YOU FIND ANY ERROR IN THE VOTE COUNT, PLEASE TELL ME.

Because you cannot create polls in the General Forum, I would like to simply tally the choices of players. The GMs have given us the chance to choose what we want to happen, so we shall use this chance wisely. The few choices I have heard are:

1. Completely reset the characters' backgrounds and start with a clean slate.

2. Keep the characters with the background, memories, and histories they currently have, and RP a way for this to happen.

If you would like to suggest a few more options, please do so.

Thanks.

My personal vote would go for the second choice:

First: 15
Second: 22

And just a quick reminder, Trollsbane and Varshikar will STILL be in the new map, or its been said by a GM.
Last edited by Wiergraf on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:09 am, edited 10 times in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Second.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Second:1

Simply as we wont get a new map the rp is not going to be all that much more believable weather I am pendar or some one else.Oh this is a nice city who lives here no one,,,interesting. I own that castle i was here first :P
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

First
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

First
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

second
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

#1.

/Edit: All logics aside, I think for the sake of roleplaying itself, the essence of roleplaying, we should be capable of being able to let go of our characters. ;)
Doyle's Sherlock Holmes comes to mind, for some strange reason. Doyle let Holmes die in one of the books, and an uproar came from fans, who found it preposterous. And Doyle ended up writing more of Holmes afterwards.
Last edited by Moirear Sian on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Second. It isn't logical to just forget every who-whatsit, nor have the same character name and have to create entirely new backgrounds.
veralion

Post by veralion »

i would like everything brand spankin new
numero uno :roll:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Cain Freemont wrote:Second. It isn't logical to just forget every who-whatsit, nor have the same character name and have to create entirely new backgrounds.
logical debate is on the other thread.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

So you go completely off-topic just for my posting? For shame. At least I posted in regards to the topic. Why did you bother to respond to what I said? To argue? You seem to like it immensely. This isn't the topic at hand, so don't bother responding.
Last edited by Cain Freemont on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

This is getting hotter then the 2004 elections.
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

Please keep the debating in the other topic. I dont want an arguement between Returner and Cain, or anyone else for that matter, to flare up.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Wiergraf wrote:Please keep the debating in the other topic. I dont want an arguement between Returner and Cain, or anyone else for that matter, to flare up.
I'm not arguing, I'm trying to keep this topic clean.

Please from now on just leave your vote number and move along, this isent a debate topic, thank you.
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

One
Domitrio

Post by Domitrio »

First!

((The only way it will work is if everyone does it. Since it will be wrong of me to post this big so people can read... I type it tiny. Please... everyone go new. One old person could ruin stuff for us all. Unless you're willing to work around "You're my best friend!" "I just arived... you're insane" I'd suggest new characters. Clean slate means just that...
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

One. Because, well, it's one.

And I support the choice following the number.
Zeshyrr

Post by Zeshyrr »

First One
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Neither, but that is just my opinion.
Ghásh Wargclaw

Post by Ghásh Wargclaw »

As he reaches the box with the votes he places a number in metal
Number: 1[/i]
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I'll have to go with choice #2 for now.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Because if we go with 1 then everyone will have to make new board accounts.
Domitrio

Post by Domitrio »

Haha, that's another thing I don't see mentioned anywhere. Is the board going to be wiped as well?

As for new accounts... I just don't want someone to take my name. I have less than 250 posts anyway, so I don't mind remaking. I just want my name, if I play Domitrio that is.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

If it were to happen, which my belief is that it won't, they could simply delete all posts on the RPG and Guild boards, leaving the accounts intact. However, it would be my preference to leave the old ones for archival purposes. As I said, though, I have every reason to doubt such a thing as the history being deleted happening.
Domitrio

Post by Domitrio »

Well wasn't it left in our hands? I read earlier (Though I couldnt' remember where, I've read a lot of posts today...) that if we didn't decide it would be taken from our hands.. meaning that it was our choice at that point. So... then the poll thread counts....?
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

As I've also said elsewhere: This is all me talking as an individual GM, rather than talking for the sake of the staff.

My hope is that you can discuss and debate it, and perhaps various people will change their minds, including GM's. That is why I reccomended against a poll. Perhaps my mind can even be changed towards that of the other GM's. Who knows? It certainly would make things easier on me.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Well Aegohl, I hope you stick with your opinion. Holding the opinion that is only present in a minority doesn't mean you're holding the wrong opinion. As for myself, I agree that the "ground zero scenario" is not as God-awfully horrible as many are currently making it to be...

Completely loose from that tiny little fact that we're all still talking about a game, people. ;)