Dyluck's "Old School RPG" Of Illarion

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

By the way, you might want to include a brief description of your character if you want them to have as much of a matching role as possible in the game, such as a farmer or merchant or something else, if I have never met them before.

Right now I'm pondering whether or not to cancel the release date, due to the current lack of interest (at least by my standard of expectations) and also the fact that most of the primary characters in my game are no longer here. But I also don't want to disappoint the people who do want to play either, plus I don't really foresee a time in the future when interest will rise back up anyways. So yeah, I'm still thinking now.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Do not change the release date. Please please please do not. I think most players just did not want to spam this thread to hell =3. Anyhow, to say, I'm really interested in the game. It might even pose the handy probability that players will learn from the game.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Im interested ;) maybe you could release this version,, you say most of the characters no longer play *shrug* Release a update later ;)

Hehe,, and where would you like char discriptions, Pmed or spammed across your thread.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I wanna play! And I repeat Aristeaus' question about char descriptions....
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Lots of us remain interested Dyluck. I simply suspect that they do not wish to impose on your thread, as Aristeaus said. Delay it any further?! This game has been in the making for over a year! The community deserve to see all of the effort that you and others have put into creating and testing (ahem) the game.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Choice B: 'Spammed across my thread' will be just fine. Of if there's something you don't want to reveal about your characters, PM is fine too. Thanks for the support too.

Here's an idea. Maybe I should wait until the day of the wipe to release the game so that those who pack their bags have something else to do? :wink:
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Ules: Usually friendly with people he doesnt know unless they are idiots, in which case he'll usually point that out. He also has no problem with playfully making fun of friends.

That enough for your game or do you need more?

EDIT: just wondering, but are you making this game with rpgm2k/2k3?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

A sentence or two is usually good enough, but from the info you've given, I'm still only going to be able to stick you in a random spot around town.

This game is being made with RPGM2K3.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

oh wait, that's just personality:

Ules is a mage with some psionic abilities. His skill with a hammer is equal to that of a fresh warrior. He has an uncanny ability to detect future dangers of himself, and sometimes others, if it directly would affect him negatively. I dont want Ules to just be stuck randomly in town ;)
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

In smithy clothes:

In armour:
The helmet is crafted by himself, so it has a hole for the hair.

Name: Rackere Diplomatre

Rackere is a dwarven master smith. Sometimes, he takes his axe and goes out to slay some monsters.
He is usually friendly, even to elves which some of the other dwarves don't like about him. He doen't like orcs. He tries not to contact with them.

Things he smith are of a very good quality, but also expensive.

Short but enough.
Last edited by Rackere Diplomatre on Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Adano Eles:
He originates from Medora, an empire far beyond the eastern continent. The remarkable facial features with narrow, almost elven like eyes are a clear sign of that, as is his strong accent. He always articulates very carefully, both the "old" and the "new" tongue being foreign languages to him.
Adano is a student of the Great Temple of the Five and Eleven, the leading religious community of his homeland. He sees himself as a warrior in the ancient war of good and evil and believes that the puny conflicts mortals are engaging in in modern times result in the lost of the true path and the true meaning of their existence. He always searches peaceful solutions to such conflicts first before shedding blood. Adano knows only one enemy, the nameless evil itself. His entire life is devoted to fighting this enemy physically as well as spiritually.
Usually he is a quiet man who thoroughly considers every step he makes from different points of view, even those contradicting his own believes before taking action. But there is one person who managed to make him angry several times, the dwarf Gandela and when people decided to burn the murderer and moshran follower Nerevar Schattenaxt to death Adano fought against this decision with all his power dropping all his usual hesitation and politeness in a desperate try to keep people from wallowing in hatred by having him die in the most painful way.
Last edited by Adano Eles on Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Drex Thaendrak:
A merchant, usually dressed in expensive clothes. He is physically rather weak but smart. To his customers he is usually quite polite but some people might have noticed a dark tone in his voice from time to time.
Drex Thaendrak is interested in two things, money and power, the former being the way of gaining the latter. He will sell everything to everyone for the right price and buy everything from everyone if there's the chance to sell it for a higher price. He also likes to outsmart people, trying to make them do what he wants them to do. He is loyal only to himself and his family, a powerful merchant clan controling parts of the freefolk territory. He respects everyone who knows what they want and know how to get it. He looks down on the common people who aren't much more then cash cows to him and he hates orcs who are just uncontrollable wild beasts with just enough mental ability to be a threat to business to him.
He has the habbit of playing with a golden coin, something he uses to indentificate himself in the underworld community.

Mikan:
Mikan is a woodcutter of over 50 years of age. Depite his age he is is an impressive figure, strengthened from hard labour and almost two meters in size. He is rarely seen in town as he lives in a small cottage in the southern woods and only comes to town for a good Tialdin brew or if he is in need of something he cannot grow by himself. Old Mik, as he calles himself is a rather strange character. He knows everything about the woods, woodcutting and has some knowledge of herbs and druidry but his hirizon is that of a lower class peasant. He cannot read and write, barely count to ten and was convinced that Troll's Bane was ruled by "Queen Laurenzia" and that nothing good could ever come from a land that didn't even have an official forrester.
Mikan was diven away from his original home by angry elves during the war of the witch king. That and the fact that humans always fear what they don't understand gave him a strong distrust against magic of any kind.
Mik is quite protective about "his" woods and if he believes someone mistreated them by extensive cutting of evil witchcraft he will have some words with them or even chase them away.
Belegi

Post by Belegi »

Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I'm certain that if you release the game, it will find it's way to the intended audience. What's that, Illarionites from the past?

Roke: I hope to be reminded of the glory I felt I possessed before they changed the magic system!

Astral: I intend to assassinate all who oppose me, in this fine replication, which will surely showcase my manipulative nature.

Inioch Hope: I hope to witness some of my bizarre and ultimately pointless antics, for which Dyluck had no appreciation!

Alright, I admit it, none of them have ever expressed those opinions, but I'm sure given the chance, they would.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

You know my question about what program you are making this with was never answered....
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

This game is being made with RPGM2K3.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

oh didnt see that.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

@Adano: Thanks for the descriptions, but all I really needed to hear was knight, merchant, and woodcutter. :P

Alright, I'm going to have to stop taking any more charsets now if I'm going to be able to make the release deadline.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Korwin wrote:I'm certain that if you release the game, it will find it's way to the intended audience. What's that, Illarionites from the past?

Roke: I hope to be reminded of the glory I felt I possessed before they changed the magic system!
That roke quote is pretty accurate ;)
Astral: I intend to assassinate all who oppose me, in this fine replication, which will surely showcase my manipulative nature.

Inioch Hope: I hope to witness some of my bizarre and ultimately pointless antics, for which Dyluck had no appreciation!
I dont think either Astral or Hope would say that o.O
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Dyluck wrote:@Adano: Thanks for the descriptions, but all I really needed to hear was knight, merchant, and woodcutter. :P

Alright, I'm going to have to stop taking any more charsets now if I'm going to be able to make the release deadline.
The more the better. I put up what I felt was important even for a small one liner to feel right.
For example the way they speak is an important part of their roleplay. Adano choses his words very carefully, hardly ever uses abbreviations like "it's" etc. Drex is very polite if he respects you. If not then his words will most likely contain a lot of double meanings and if you manage to hurt his pride he can become very angry and dangerous. (Up to the part where you might meet an assassin in a dark alle one day). Mik is a peasant and talks like one.

What I put in these posts is hardly everything about my chars, but for a small appearance you won't need the rest.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus

Knight|Thief

Work that out yes

Lord of Varshikar (( New northrot ))

Enjoys manipulation, and games.

I think that clears it up ;)
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

oh almost forgot:

Ules is also a Carpenter/Lumberjack. And he has grandmaster herblore so maybe he an have a spice garden XD
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Quinasa is generally mild mannered but also a very opinionated elfess. She's IN LOOOOOOOOVE with her husband Aristeaus and she thinks he's the most wonderful man in the world. She hates shoes and she hates fish, but she loves to bake. Shes a farmer, and also a Councilor of the Farmer's Union. She spends all her time away from Arist in the fields planting cabbage. Her has long white hair.... and.... oh, just see the char description here....

http://rackergen.ra.funpic.de/Illa/frame.php

and if you like her put her in somewhere. If not I'm not offended lol.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Why is her hair brown here then? :P
Galdwore Darkmoore

Post by Galdwore Darkmoore »

Galdwore Darkmoore:
That site is fun. 8)
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Quinasa wrote:Image
Didn't Dyluck say no hold weapons and shields?
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Yes, I did say that. I also said I'm not taking anymore charsets right now if I am to finish this project by the deadline date, so I may not have time to add those last two charsets. But I'll put them into the next version, if there ever is one.

By the way, if I reshack some music from Illarion and use some images from the website, nobody's going to say I infringed any copyrights, right? :wink:
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I don't think illarion copyrighted it, so i doubt it. Plus copyright laws only protect it from either being sold or claiming it as your own, so give credit to them and don't sel lthe game and you're fine either way.