The Evergreen Halflings

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

molbo flourfern
Location: Hell ain't a bad place, Hell is from here to eternity

Post by molbo flourfern »

I am back also.

molbo flourfern
Hadrog

Post by Hadrog »

Hi sup? =)
Bei Tian Kensai

Post by Bei Tian Kensai »

I pledge my life and soul to this guild! May men walk again!!!

Kensai (hunter of sheep)
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

I really think we should host a meeting soon. I think theres several people who returned, me included.

Pony

((I figured I would post here so some people see it at least))
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Hermie just happens to glance upon the new note and smiles.

Dear Pony,

Good to hear from you. I too have only recently returned after my break. I have not seen many other of us around, except of course good old Brandy. I will try and attend any meeting you wish t hold.

All the best,

~Hermie~
~Baker Extraordinaire*
Zare

Post by Zare »

I had much fear that the community had been broken. Thankfully, I see some of my old friends are still around.

I have returned from my journey, though I do not think that my stay shall be forever. If you still welcome me, then tell me of this meeting, I have much free time, and will try to make it.

ZARE NETTLEHOLE

((note: most likely the reason you havent seen me around, despite my "return" post in the rpg forum, is that I forgot about the terrible lag I get, which is rather discouraging. In a few days, I should have cable internet and my appearances will be much more often))
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

I will most certainly be in Greenbriar for a meeting. I'm sure Rosa will make it as well, despite the three children she has to take care of.

Brendan
Rosa Underhill

Post by Rosa Underhill »

I would certainly try.

Rosa
Pronon Palmsuger

Chuckles as he reads the wall

Since....I am apperently the one who is supposed to take action, which day are you not farming and whos bringing the cakes?

Pony
((This weekend and next are really the only times really good for me but I can kinda work around some stuff))
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I'll bring the food, as long as I can get in to Greenbriar a good hour before the meeting starts. I think it was left to you to make the decision for the meeting since you suggested it. It would have been rude for one of us to take charge of something you thought of. I hope to see you soon Pony!

Yours,
~Hermie~

'((Can only do Saturday Evening at around 7 or 8pm GMT or on Sunday probably 4 or 5 pm GMT - I don't know about next weekend yet.))'
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Greetings friends,

As some of you know, the forests of Greenbriar have become overgrown. I have taken it upon myself to sort out the forests. The following is a brief summary:

-No change made to apple trees at entrance.
-Fir trees between the dyke and villiage were overgrown, I have cut some back to make it easier to pass through.
-Planted some extra cherry trees.
-Removed some trees that interfered with buildings.
-Fir trees between the villiage and farmland were overgrown, I have cleared some away.
-Apple trees between villiage and farmland were few and some were missing, I have planted some more.

Also, since no active steps have been taken about a meeting for some time I will now call one myself. The date and time is as follows ((16th February - 8pm GMT))

Further reminders will be given nearer the date.

Yours,
Hermie.
Pronon Palmsuger

Seeing as I forgot the Meeting....Well not so much Forgot but didn't read the wall, I would like to propose we host another meeting soon.

I have many things to talk about but I will discuss the most important of those here.

William and I went into the Happy Halfling for a drink only to find it vandalized! we were shocked at the disregard for our hard earned furniture. Tables upsidedown, Chairs broken and scattered all over the floor, We feel something should be done about this. William and I propose we work to get some funds and Hire a full time bartender ((and NPC, Cass said she had the codes for one, it just needed prices)) we suggest that we work together as a guild as we did to get greenbriar and earn some more money to hire a full time bartneder. Besides watch for vandalism he would keep our ale supply up. After we cleaned up we found that there wasn't a spot of good ale left in the entire bar.

We should also work to recruit new members to put some new faces into our friendly guild.

~Councilor Pronon Palmsuger

((the reason for the Bartender proposal is that after we earned our land, the guild died because there was nothing to work for. We need this oal and then we could work for more things to "improve" Greenbriar, perhaps a full shrine to Oldra, larger Farmland, this and that, anything to keep the guild alive.))
molbo

Post by molbo »

I agree...lets have a meeting

molbo flourfern
Cervius Triri

Post by Cervius Triri »

Hiho,
Cervius Triri here. I am requesting to join the EverGreen Halflings.
I was told about it by Molbo Flourfern and William Greenwood.
If I can join I would also like to help Greenbriar obtain things needed much like a bartender.
Got to have beer.
Willy G.

Post by Willy G. »

yes, I agree we should meet soon. Cervius Triri I would like to see you in the Evergreen Halfings soon.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Then I assume we must set a date for such a meeting. I say that we should have it...

Brendan ponders for a moment and then scribbles a date down...

((Next Friday at 16:00 GMT))

We shall meet in the Happy Halfling tavern at the above date. I hope to see many former members and I sincerely hope these new Evergreen hopefuls show up.

Brendan Mason
Last edited by Brendan Mason on Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pronon Palmsuger

well I'm afraid that I can't make that meeting, I've got an appointment with a druid, we are to discuss herbs and herb recipes.

Pronon Palmsuger

((thats about 2 in the morning over here, so I really couldn't do it. what about GMT 16?))
molbo

Post by molbo »

((16GMT works perfect for me too))
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

You notice a change to date that Brendan proposed..
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Hiho,
It's been a while eh?
I'll see if I can make the meeting, but I can't promise I'l be there. ((I work about 40 hours a week so there's a good chance I'll be working.))
Pronon, I think ya have a great idea, a bartender would be great.
Gibble Thibblebum

Joining

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Hi, I'd like to join your community. A community founded by halflings sounds awesome as I am one. I was interested in checking out your flyer on the it ((the website)) but I can't read it ((any links I go to from the forum or links page are not working )) and was wondering if I could get a newer printing so I can check it out.

Anyhow, is there a process I have to go through to become an Evergreen Halfling or do I just show up?

Thank,
Gibble Thibblebum
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

((The following is an OOC message))

To all members of the Evergreen halflings. I'm here to offer you my help. In need of anything for your town. Want a quest to be run in Greenbriar. Want something interesting to happen here?

Send me a PM, instant message me or email me at japheth@illarion.org
Pronon Palmsuger

Hello Fellow members

Since our guild seems to be slightly inactive at the moment, and I am one of the few Council members still activly about I have taken it upon Myself to Welcome Burt Burntberri as a Temporary Member of our fine guild.

If anyone has a Problem with this, please put your concern on this wall or send it to me in a dove.

He tells me he is a salesmen in Produce and various food goods so We can probably have quite the Fest to Welcome him in!

Pony
Burt Burntberri

Post by Burt Burntberri »

Thank you Pronon, i will be a good addition to the Evergreen Halflings. Yes, i am a produce seller, and will take orders, so if anyone wants fresh vegetables, come to me.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

All halflings are herewith ordered to take care! Very recently a young Halfling was nailed to a tree with a note asking for the "thirteenth" to be handed over!

We can only assume that this means that the recent spate of murders that has been affecting the towns of men has reached our idyllic land.

I would also advise all farmers and druids visiting our merchants and fields to take the utmost care.

Report anything that seems unusual to the town guard of Troll's Bane!
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Greetings Halflings, I seek a time to meet your councilmen and women or if they are not around then any of you whom are still around your island. Please send me a dove for a time I can meet you.
Thank you,

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn