what is po and svst

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Crocket

what is po and svst

Post by Crocket »

What do the terms PO and SVST mean?

I'm not a newbie but have been gone for a long time. Now that I have returned, I am trying to get caught up and ran across these terms and don't know what they are.
Derick

Post by Derick »

PO = Player of

Not sure what SVST though...
Zaerleff

Post by Zaerleff »

PO means "Butt"

SVST?
Isn't that like... some kind of car?
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

SVST:

Strawberrie Vanilla Support Team

The main propose for thier foundation was to ensure the unlimited supply of strawberrie-vanilla ice cream for the GMs. Since you can never have enought icecream during a creative process.
Later they have been abused for low class jobs like proofreading, newbie help and senseless quest help.

We are still in high hopes that they can come back to thier original propose.

PO:

Means in sense of roleplaying "Player of".
Roleplayers tend to use it to express that they clearly state thier views as player and not as character, and to show everybody that they have not yet fallen into the illusion of being thier own character.

The german word "Po" is translated into english as "butt", thats true.
That is also the reason why I mainly avoid this term, I cant stop laughing when I see butts talk. ;)
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Darlok wrote:SVST:

The main propose for thier foundation was to ensure the unlimited supply of strawberrie-vanilla ice cream for the GMs. Since you can never have enought icecream during a creative process.
Later they have been abused for low class jobs like proofreading, newbie help and senseless quest help.
So it basically means that a svst is a po kisser?
Darlok wrote: PO:

Roleplayers tend to use it to express that they clearly state thier views as player and not as character, and to show everybody that they have not yet fallen into the illusion of being thier own character.
This is why I have two seperate board accounts.
If i am talking as my character I log into that board name.
If I am talking as myself I log into this board name.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

If members of the SVST team have a boyfriend or girlfriend inside the Illarion- or Roleplaying-Community, yes, then they are player-of-kisser.
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

I've tried, Darlok. I've really tried, but there isn't enough ice cream to go around! Every time we get close, new GMs arrive, ruining the fun for everyone.

Then arguments ensue. Martin asks what use we are if we aren't serving delicious ice cream. Damien reccomends yogert, but it just isn't the same. We end up agreeing to disagree on the ice cream/yogert issue and making up for the whole mess with by helping a few newbies along, and if they make our day easier, then comes the ice cream.

I suppose this is where Fooser will say that having a garage full of ice cream is a benefit and I owe him my car. If he knew how much oil it leaked, he wouldn't try so hard.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

*tries to understand the meaning of Moskhers sentences*
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

SVST--

Strong Verile Super Testers

Flexes his muscles and bends at the knee
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Moskher Heszche wrote:

I've tried, Darlok. I've really tried, but there isn't enough ice cream to go around! Every time we get close, new GMs arrive, ruining the fun for everyone.

Then arguments ensue. Martin asks what use we are if we aren't serving delicious ice cream. Damien reccomends yogert, but it just isn't the same. We end up agreeing to disagree on the ice cream/yogert issue and making up for the whole mess with by helping a few newbies along, and if they make our day easier, then comes the ice cream.

I suppose this is where Fooser will say that having a garage full of ice cream is a benefit and I owe him my car. If he knew how much oil it leaked, he wouldn't try so hard.
Moskher..that situation you described. You know it is a commercial in the Netherlands? And that they just made an ice/yogert mix? =3
Crocket

Post by Crocket »

Darlok wrote:
If members of the SVST team have a boyfriend or girlfriend inside the Illarion- or Roleplaying-Community, yes, then they are player-of-kisser.
What I meant was that they are butt kissers. (po = butt)
So if their job is to provide the GMs with ice cream then they are butt kissers. :wink:

I thought a po was some kind of ghost or something.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Moskher Heszche wrote: I suppose this is where Fooser will say that having a garage full of ice cream is a benefit and I owe him my car.
Are you suggesting ice cream isn't good? :wink:
Moskher Heszche wrote: If he knew how much oil it leaked, he wouldn't try so hard.
A bit less appealing, yes...
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

Misjbar wrote:
Moskher..that situation you described. You know it is a commercial in the Netherlands? And that they just made an ice/yogert mix? =3
News Flash: PO Moskher of the SVST sues Dutch advert agency for plagiarism. :D
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Close, but it was actually lattes. Ice cream gives you brain freeze. Lattes are tasty, have no cerebral side effects, and induce hyperactivity necessary to slog through the boring creative process.

But other than that, SVSTers try to contribute to the Illarion community in any way possible.

In spite of what Moskher said, it's lattes. He is, after all, still the new kid on the block. Strawberry Vanilla was just used to make us sound cool, nothing more.
PO:

The german word "Po" is translated into english as "butt", thats true.
That is also the reason why I mainly avoid this term, I cant stop laughing when I see butts talk. ;)
Very seldom have I referred to myself as a "butt," thankfully. Hagen, on the other hand, used it in about every OOC discussion and had full knowledge of calling himself a rear-end - he's a German speaker.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

#me sniffles. I miss Hagen!!!!