On heroes in Illarion.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

The sheep were burned, but they didn't go away. If the quest was to get rid of the damn sheep, then why the hell were there bloody rotworms? It's retarded!
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Rotworms are attracted by rotting corpses.
(Thats why they are called this way. Dt.: "Faulwürmer")

Did any of you try to make them eat the corpses of the sheeps ? No?
My bad.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Maybe it would be better if there was someone online during that quest, such as Damien who would say something like "Why are the rot worms attracted to the sheep corpses?"
So then players could figure out that is what was happening. Otherwise no one could have figured it out.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

On the argument that a faction NEEDS strong warriors, is also untrue.

A faction needs a strong wit.

Heres an old example, I had a character, Who tried to kill Dyluck with Wind Arrows, back in the day. Dyluck killed him.

The Next day, my character, then angry, purchased 250wind arrows from another character he was allied with.

(note, archery skill would've been average, or above half)

This character proceeded to murder several of the characters allied with Dyluck (The Random slayings portrayed are a bit falsified) As well as some he suspected were not quite on his side.

After a while, all the "Weaker" characters, and some defense, horded in the library. Most of which were taken out from the roof of the library facing the balcony.

My character was never actually proven as this (well, until now :roll: ) Plus, he killed at least twenty times.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The sheep were burned, but they didn't go away. If the quest was to get rid of the damn sheep, then why the hell were there bloody rotworms? It's retarded!

okay... lemme think...
The dead sheeps doesn't rot. You can't move the dead sheeps.
...ever tried to -use- them?

I know that some people had found out how it works to remove them... but it seemed they lost interest...
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

i remove two sheeps with magic fire, but there help a gm this wasn't automatic.....
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Djironnyma dear, go and try ;)

the gm helped because he thought: "okay. fire is no bad idea." That's why some vanished and some not. Later the rotworms get lured by the fire as well... because you should find the other, original way too.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

"The other, original way". Does that mean the way the GMs set it up for us to do? The way they want us to do it? Darlok, it's kind of distracting when a giant bloody worm is trying to rip chunks out of your sweet delicious flesh. Or maybe it's the fact people used ctrl+left click as soon as they saw them, possibly out of habit. Anyway, this is not a discussion about any particular quest. So go back on topic people.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Sadly its a habbit of us, that as soon somthing attackable appears in a quest, that we attack it.

We need a better education for our characters. ;)
Someone going to build a school ?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Maybe it would be better if there was someone online during that quest, such as Damien who would say something like "Why are the rot worms attracted to the sheep corpses?"
So then players could figure out that is what was happening. Otherwise no one could have figured it out.
And there are people argueing that they dont get to use thier brains. what is the point in creating a puzzle if all the peices are put together for you ;)
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

A little hint does never hurt. Nobody said you'd have to stick a neon sign to the worm saying "favourite food: rotting flesh"

@Darlok:

I'd gladly volunteer to open the Troll's Bane branch of the Great Temple and teach people when to use their brains and when not to use their swords ;)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Darlok wrote:Sadly its a habbit of us, that as soon somthing attackable appears in a quest, that we attack it.
Within reason guys. How many of you would think up and type out a huge elaborate plan when there are three trolls all within two squares of you? :wink: Obviously the monsters have AI so they just move toward you and attack, so the trick seems to be watching out before putting people into those situations.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Hehe anyone who was at my event yesterday saw that just attacking didn't end well ;)