Why...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kasume

Why...

Post by Kasume »

Why are gaurds so rigged?
Are GMs making gaurd characters extremely powerful?
And how come gaurds can just choose when to send me to the jail?
smile this, the gaurd uses invisible beings, SKELETONS to jail me. What the bloody fucking hell is that?!

I'm not role-playing with this bullshit of fake people taking me to the jail. And fake skeletons jailing me!?
What the hell is this game coming to? I thought it was getting better, but I role-play with one gaurd, and I am completely disgusted by the role-play.

For one thing, I've never even heard of this person. And he's more powerful than three ogres put together. As that's just about what my character can handle, yet I was barely able to hold out for 10 seconds on this guy.

Now I understand why playing even a neutral character is impossible.
Apparently with gaurds, they can kill anyone they wish. Chase anyone they wish, and if you try to RP the "Slips around the corner and gets away for a change" you're the one accused of bad RP.

This game is lame.
The people are lame.
The Role-Play, is lame.
I honestly thought it may have recooperated.
But it hasn't.
And I'm done. I will finish up my character, and I will probably never return after that. As I will sometime soon ask for my character to be whiped from the game.

When I'm done, I will be removing Illarion from my favourites list.
When I am done, I will be removing Illarion from my computer.
When I am done, I will remove everyone's instant messanger screen name that will ever remind me of Illarion.

Today has made me realise why I left this game so many months ago.
This message is filled with a shit load of anger and a nice helping of a bad mood. With a little bit of truth of how I think about this community.

This community is dull. And when someone tries spicing it up in the least bit, they're completely shot down.
No wonder 70% of people don't stick with this game.

Humor = A Big No No for Illarion.
I find nothing impressive about this community, except its age. And I find everyone here, suits to this community. But I, no longer feel I should be here. I don't belong here, and perhaps role-playing is just not for me. As I find it barely anyone enjoys reading what I type.

I haven't even completely decided if I'm finishing up my role-play.
This community sucks. The only person I like listening to is Sian. And he's long gone. So I'm with him, bye.
I gave it a serious chance to enjoy coming to this community again.
But when the most popular topic on the forums is about how you feel (90% of it being griping), I'm done.
End, Oh.
Done.

Edit:
Salathe left.
Fooser bites now.
Paul isn't here.
Galim doesn't play.
Sian has left.
Sam left.
Hagen left.

Too many good people have left. And too many shit houses have stayed.
Or, maybe it only takes two years to become sick of this community.

I'm not bitching at the fact that I was jailed. I'm bitching at the fact of how jailing me was done. Even if my character gets off of the hook, I'm still leaving. As I seriously am growing a seering pain of hate when I visit these forums.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hi Kasume.

Nice for you to leave us such a pretty messege.
Fooser bites now.
Hmm.. Fooser doesn't bite, actually he whacks you with his tail. Secondly Fooser has got to be the most awesome person there is. Even though he doesn't go all out with RP , he always makes me laugh, and without him this game would be boring.

Obviously you dont know how to rp, so maybe you should go play runescape or something where you dont have to role play.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Sorry about how you feel. Sorry that your character isnt the stringest after not being around a while. Sorry that a gaurd who would train regularly was able to beat you.

Of course, many players can fight three ogres. Mine cant even fight one on account of some bug keeping my concussion weapons skill at the same place for over two months now and my magic falling unexplained (and both leave the staff puzzled, i am truly confused at this...), otherwise I would be able to, and my character could beat you as well. Would you then accuse the GMs of making every mage better? Or everyone who uses a war hammer? I dont know what you mean about the skeletons as i havent been jailed, so i wont comment on that.....
Conscience

Post by Conscience »

The reason Kasume and so many others have quit this game is because IT IS NOT FUN ANYMORE.

Just take a look at the number of players online. THREE PEOPLE! I was here way back in 2001 and at this hour there were usually upwards of 18 people playing!

Don't give me any shit about how people are busy, different time zones blah blah blah because at this exact time 4 years ago there were far more people playing. Simple fact.
Online Players (last 2 hours) wrote: Maximum players = 8
Irania

Post by Irania »

Goodbye cruel world!
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

sadly if someone cant read a statistic

and btw. i think the owne lame think are peopel how cant leaf normal, peopel how must say everone that they (important) go now and what is in illarion all total wrong.... that go on my nervs... if you doesnt like illarion anymore, bring critic on the rigth way, not more flame topics how onlc give the game a bad image or go and shut up
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Maybe they didn't want to get on because there were no good roleplayers on at the time?

Lastnight there were 20 people online... so many that the server froze for a while.

It actually is quite fun, if you get to know the people.

You are right though, it does get irritating when people don't role play like they should.

For instance logging off during battles. That is annoying, isn't it Kasume?
Are GMs making gaurd characters extremely powerful?
No the GM's would most definately not help out the guard with extra stats and skills. That would indeed be unfair, so they don't do it.

This game is lame.
The people are lame.
The Role-Play, is lame.

Only because you make it lame. If you don't role play good, then yes it will be lame.

Obviously this game is just too lame for you. Perhaps you can find another game with your superior ability to role play, and they will gladly accept you with open arms and a large smile and you can all live happily ever after. No games are perfect... and dont forget this is a free beta.

The game will get more fun as the time progresses.. the game isn't finished yet.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

All of the replies, are perfect examples of why I, am leaving.
:)
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Okay good...

this topic is over.. so lets just delete it... its taking up space.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Katsume, Sorry you had an unpleasant time this evening I must take issue with the concept that the guards are rigged. Take a lot at the rpg forum to see that for the most part a pretty rough time has been had of late by some of them. I must actually also say that if the guards could not control/defeat all but the most powerful of players. The game would devolve into anarchy. Trollsbane and maybe vashikar were one can safely be and hopefully not have to worry about being PKed. If there were not spaces like that, non warrior characters and newer players would propably get a lot less from this game.
Just my thoughts I am a damn noob :) so dont intend to share any more than thoughts.

Conscience, why are you here, you dont like the game it sucks. So err get a life and forget it exists. You never paid for it you dont have any claim to it. Find a new game and move on. I dont get what you wish to achiever apart from attempt to detract from the designers hard work.
BTW yesterday and the day before I think we were between 18-21 online friday propably means a lot of people have lives and may have gone out or something like that. We can't all be working and engage in sintilating dialogue on message boards like me. Its friday night and you have nothing better to do than bash a game and community you no longer like.
All in favour of a wall of flame were all posts that say nothing but Illarion sucks raise your paws :D
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

You know, I don't see why you can't let critisism go.
I post one thing, and you (talking to nilo) specifically reply to it with two different posts are two different times.
Not only that, but everyone that reads this topic, will end up replying to it. And whoever does, are the people and the reasons why I am leaving.

The people who ignore it and move on with the game, are the reasons why I tried hanging onto this game.
Surprising thing is, after posting this, someone will still have something [negative] to say to me. :lol:
Last edited by Kasume on Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irania

Post by Irania »

And that would be me! You're still here??
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Thats the funny things about forums they are interactive the mere presence of a post usuall implys it desires a responce.
Im going to sodd off now and cease to be a troll.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Conscience wrote:I was here way back in 2001 and at this hour there were usually upwards of 18 people playing!
One of them being Darkwalker trying to get as many Frags as he can. ;)
Nikago Fyrstyn

Post by Nikago Fyrstyn »

Oh yeah Kas i can't say i don't like you, but you really spammed the Forum more than once and your crazy idchar isn't funny like foosie you know. I don't know how often i already read it, but this isn't about fighting just rp and guardins must be strong, because they must fight scum off the town.
The Game isn't lame like Nilo mentioned you make it lame last night i got a very funny rp-aktion and even after the frozen serv nearly destroyed everything we got at startposition/ last positions we got and continued playing so don't say the guards can't rp.
Oh and It really sucks that everyone writtes a "Omg i go i'm important mark me red in your calendar cause i'm going now and now i'm brave enough to make Illa stupid" when you don't got the courage to say it before...leave and let your chars leave, but stop shouting illa is stupid or lame.

Ohh and this stupid guy saying we got no players, in the last time i always saw 10 or more players online, yeah sometimes 3 or something , but in the last months we got more activ ones i think.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Darlok wrote:
Conscience wrote:I was here way back in 2001 and at this hour there were usually upwards of 18 people playing!
One of them being Darkwalker trying to get as many Frags as he can. ;)
Hahahaha! I remember a guy "made a portal, reached into it, and pulled out an AK-47" and then killed everyone in sight with arrows...

Hah..

Well the game has obviously come a way from that... maybe some people are still stuck back in the dark ages. :wink:
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Many of my chars have been in jail...no big deal. You attack in town be prepared to face jail time if you cant escape. Sad to see you go though you did give some interesing rp to everything. :( Maybe you will try to comeback as you add a certain element to the game.

Suggestion: If you are going to have a char that is evil or just goes against the norm, have back ups for there WILL be boring times.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Cliu.
I am not complaining at the fact that my character was jailed. I prepared myself for what might have happened. And I knew that someone (like always) would interefere. But how the gaurd handled the situaiton, which was out of veiw of other players, disgusted me.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Report them to the GMs in a mature way.
Calm, backed up with your log files and in a private enviorment
(Click Me!).

Or Pendar is right with calling you "Katsume" all the time, which I belive is a girls name.
Last edited by Darlok on Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Report them to the GMs in a mature way.
Calm, backed up with your log files and in a private enviorment.
The last couple of times I've done that, my email gets forwarded back to me telling me that it was not sent.
Even if something is sent, I get no varification of whether or not they've received anything. Or if anything (or nothing) is being done.
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

Link I have included above:

Click Me!
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Just wondering... What happens when the guard decides to report you for logging during battle? :?
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

I don't remember logging during the battle today.
Just wondering, what happens to **** tards when they die? :?

Anyhow, I'm guuud...
World of Warcraft time.
Fooser

Re: Why...

Post by Fooser »

Kasume wrote:Why are gaurds so rigged?
Fooser saw a little more of the town guards in his bad period than he probably cared for, and as the PO Fooser, I can say I don't believe that for a minute. Because guards have been defeated before, I don't know where you come up with that.
Kasume wrote: And how come gaurds can just choose when to send me to the jail?
smile this, the gaurd uses invisible beings, SKELETONS to jail me. What the bloody fucking hell is that?!
That beats being transported to jail while "sleeping" and not being told why in 2-3 months in there. :wink: But you have to work with situations like that. 2 months has to be a record for being in jail with the player actually logging on as them :twisted:
Kasume wrote: I honestly thought it may have recooperated.
But it hasn't.
Again I disagree. There is conflict, but not too much. There is progress, there is change, there are some interesting things happening. And despite what you say, I find the RP of most of the new players good quality. The only problem I see is related to another big post near here, about the char wipe, there seems to be a slightly changed atmosphere because of the "looming char wipe", and there is less incentive for doing things.
Kasume wrote: Humor = A Big No No for Illarion.
Not really
Kasume wrote: (90% of it being griping), I'm done.
100% of your post is griping
Kasume wrote: Fooser bites now.
Only my food.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

For those who think the town guards are manufactured, i suggest you ask what happened when two guard tried to fight Gorge...
*cringes*
veralion

Post by veralion »

bye bye kasucky :lol:
im kidding. i am sooo loopy right now.
personally, i find this whole skull vs. town thing kinda fun.
orcs fight when they think theyre insulted, and the town guards and citizens do a good job of making them think because they don't know how to handle orcs.
that's a main reason why they havn't stopped what the TB people call 'murdering'.
maybe you should just make an orc char :wink:
Irania

Post by Irania »

Or maybe we could just let him leave.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Irania wrote:Or maybe we could just let him leave.
I think that would be best...
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Being your character is never fun, since unfortunate things happen to every character at some point. The whole point of roleplaying is not being yourself.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Bah orcs there is no reasoning with em, I can be as polite as you like. Just no talking to a greenskin :P
Of course if you stopped being aggressive what would Pendar angst over his receding hairline, the decaying state of the wood work around elizas shop.
All good fun which i look forward to seeing how it turns out. How did this topic end up in this topic.
Eh what ever