Rumors

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rumors

Rumors

Post by Rumors »

As you pass the streets of Trolls Bane you can catch the following rumors:

A woman tells you:
"A band of pickpockets are roaming unseen our streets, I tell you. I suspect the neighbours children, they have always been poor."

A sailor speaks to you:
"The new ferry ship might be small, but it can easly carry a landrat or two to the islands, arr."

You see a man running away from some guards, he carries a sign 'Apocalypse is coming!' on his shoulders.

You hear an elderly man talking hysterically to someone who probably is his son about unknown forces joining together and planing to invade the island. He tells that he heard of a cave near Northerot where they created an outpost, probably occupied with 2 demonic creatures. They are said to be incredibly strong. The ones to stop this evil, you hear him say, should be rewarded with quite some treasure. The man does not seem sane to you, however, there is that bad feeling this story leaves...

Some time later, you see the elderly man again, talking to himself:
"That wasn't it. That was just the beginning! They sent children! Children!"
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

As you walk along the streets of the town you see a woodcutter running away. "They are behind me... they are behind me!" he seems to be in panic. "We where working in the eastern forest, far away from town. Than we saw them. First we though some trees are moving. But then then..... *the man paused before he continued talking* we saw them, two big foresttrolls. They... they where attacking us. They are here to punish all woodcutters who are chopping the trees in their forest."

Als ihr die Straßen der Stadt entlang geht, bemerkt ihr einen Holzfäller, der vor etwas davon zu laufen scheint.
"Sie sind hinter mir her... Sie sind hinter mir her!" Er scheint von Panik erfüllt zu sein. "Wir arbeiteten im Ostwald. Weit weg von der Stadt. Dann sahen wir sie. Erst dachten wir einige der Bäume bewegen sich. Aber dann... *der Man macht eine kurze Pause bevor er weiter redet* Wir sahen sie.... , zwei riesige Waldtrolle. Sie.... Sie griffen uns an. Sie sind hier um die Holzfäller zu bestrafen die sich an ihren Wald vergreifen."
Malvita Rynal

Post by Malvita Rynal »

You hear 2 younger people talking loudly, they say:

Boy: "I was talking about Earl Aragon today, he was returned from the dead..."
Girl: "That happened weeks ago, why is it important now?"
Boy: "Becuase not long after he woke back up, some evil necromancer came to town... don't you see what that means?"
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Rumour has it that Paul Laffing has been spotted in town.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

You meet a little girl on the marketplace. She screams and runs to her mother.

"Mummy, mummy, it hurts so bad! I just wanted to collect flowers for you."

The girl´s arm shows a swelling, as large as an apple.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

At the Faerie´s Tear you can spot a cursing dwarf.

"Arr! Ye bloody wasp! Someone bring me meh hammer!"

It seems like more and more people feel hasseled by some kind of insects these days.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

In Greenbriar, one can come across a whining halfling, standing in front of many small logs of wood, obviously fire wood for the winter.

"My poor pile of wood! I stacked it level by level, and now this earthquake made it collaps!"

Later on, one can see that many apple trees have lost their apples.

"Who did this?! Who shaked all those apple trees that hard that they loose their fruits?!" an upset farmer yells.
Mardras

Post by Mardras »

Some people on the streets talk about roumors that tell that the orcs
plan the return of the Horde.they want to declare war to everyone and espiacally to Humans....it seems like they didn't learn anything.......
Lysu Davanum

Post by Lysu Davanum »

You hear mumbling on the street: "Is she dead?", "Djironnyma must be in pain..", "Poor Galina..".
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

There are rumours of a ship arriving in Troll's Bane, carrying a very wealthy person. This person has several guards with them, but word from the mainlands indicate that one of them may not be entirely loyal.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

"Watch out, little girl! Outside the town wall it is not safe anymore. Not only that evil orcs prowl the lands once again, no, also ogres are on the hunt. Better stay at home, little one."

One can hear many warnings like this these days.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

The rich man had reached the island with his two guards. They recruited another and made for a tour of the island. When they reached the docks, word of the traitor began to spread. The traitor, Berusoss, was discovered by Alaine and Sideon, with the aid of Donal. Berusoss decided to fight his way free, however the Ranger Gannon defeated him, resulting in the death of Berusoss. Rumour also has it, that the rich man Ludwig is to reward those involved in the investigation and unearthing of the traitor.
Chak' Ysshirr

Post by Chak' Ysshirr »

It seems the third guard hired by Ludwig was another lizardman. It is said this third guard got strangely angry when he was called a traitor, his eyes shone red for a second.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

"Malachin save us, now also the trolls are angry. Not that it is sufficient that the orcs and ogres prowl the lands, no, now an idiot has provoced the trolls of the eastern forest."

There are many statements like these to be heard on the marketplace among the peasants.
Elminister

Post by Elminister »

"It was the horde who started the fire in the woods!", you can hear rumors like that at the marketplace. "And the Lady Fergus calmed some of the trolls down that wanted to attack the town. Yes, she is alive again."
Chak' Ysshirr

Post by Chak' Ysshirr »

A weird scream was heard near the south entrance of Troll's Bane today. "SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" The beast who screamed must have been running into the forest."
Ceigan Ibatha
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Ceigan Ibatha »

A little boy can be heard complaining to his mother about bad stomach aches and bowel movements "I shouldn't have eaten those old socks, mommy. They said the Magenta Troll would protect me.." You hear him moan.
Gigasha

Post by Gigasha »

an orcess' voice, somewhat familiar, can be heard saying "Hagen Von Rabenfeld is wormfood"
Nikago Fyrstyn

Post by Nikago Fyrstyn »

You hear some old womans talking about someone ,who escaped out of the grey rose, as you come near they immdeatly stop talking and rushes away as fast as they can.Some children calling themself john,gurruoashk ,or some other weird orc name, and nikagor playing run and catch.
Last edited by Nikago Fyrstyn on Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

You hear that in Caitlin's absence, she has asked Brendan to act for her in the Triumvirate. It creates ripples of discussion about town, with people wondering why exactly she chose him...
Pilzbaizza

Post by Pilzbaizza »

Es gibt gerüchte das Pilzbaizza gefangen wurde, er aber vorher noch lennier vergiftet hat und so seine freilassung erpressen wolle.
Nikago Fyrstyn

Post by Nikago Fyrstyn »

You hear that some elves complain about loud noises in the southern woods and how they accuse dwarfs for that. As you go out into the woods, to look if you can hear something, the normal Woodnoises kill all other noises, but you are sure, as you walk trough, that there are some pills of earth all over the woods, which not belong there normally.
Chak' Ysshirr

Post by Chak' Ysshirr »

Walking through town you hear some people whispering. They talk about something that fights during the night, the entire night, with the skelletons. They call it The Silent Blade. Some say it's a beast. Other say it's a demon.
Nikago Fyrstyn

Post by Nikago Fyrstyn »

As you sit down in the Tavern you hear some elvs talking about a small halfling like person, which tried to cut trees in the southeast forest.It seems this lifefom even attacked the sheeps for fun and got some wool from one slashed sheep. As you bend backwards to hear more they continue the talk, it seems he tried to burn up the whole forest, but was stopped before he succesed , while the elvs stopped the fire, the lifeform runned into the south forest and vanished in the darkness of the wood.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

"Arr, ye bloody builders, work faster, I want meh beer!"

Angry shouting can be heard from the tavern, mostly dwarves complain about the closed door.

"Closed for renovation" one can read on a sigh that´s attached to the door.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

"After work, we all deserve a cool beer, ain´t I right?" says the mason to the artisan and continues his hard work. The streets are full of craftsmen from foreign countries, working on many public and not so public buildings.

Rumor says, a wealthy patron has invested many ingots into the city, but for which purpose remains unclear.
Rumors

Post by Rumors »

"Finally! My throat is as dry as the desert. And I miss this cute bartender..."

A merry girl whirls through the streets of Troll´s Bane and whispers lovely words into the ears of the town guards.

"Tomorrow we will meet in the tavern, cutie!"
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Word spreads of two people unable to come into contact with each other, but are both visible to everyone else.
Galim

Post by Galim »

You hear rumors that the priest if silverbrand should be back. Some sailors saw an old dwarf in a priestrobe leaving an old and wrecked ship last night. And it seems his mood wasn't the best.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

A rumor spreads that the orcish horde has declared war on trollsbane