Rune Help

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

falco1029

Rune Help

Post by falco1029 »

No this is not me asking for you to tell me how to do magic again, if thats what some of you are thinking. I have the staves required to activate runes, but it isnt working. I was told i had to use the staff on the center rock in the rune to get the gaurdian to appear, and say what the rune is, and then id have to get the offering seperately. I ahve tried every staff several times on 4 different runes, and it doesnt work, can someone give me a little help?
Kaja Wolfagen

Post by Kaja Wolfagen »

Im certain that only a mage who allready knows the rune can summon the guardian.
Moskher Heszche
Location: You can never be too stupid or too pretty to be a puppet king.

Post by Moskher Heszche »

Nope. That's not the case, actually. Meditation is tough, though.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Well what skill does meditation rely on (base stat). I thought it was intelligience, but that doesn't seem to be the case, or my character would have mastered it already.

EDIT: I dont mean mastered as perfected, i mean mastered as learned it and can do it correctly most of the time.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Meditation is a skill. So, with no experience in it, you might fail sometimes. If you loose mana upon clicking the runestone, you´re doing it right. And of course, inteligence helps you to be a good mage, however, no one is born as a good mage.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I dont lose mana when using the staff on the rune, meaning im doing something wrong.
Nikago Fyrstyn

Post by Nikago Fyrstyn »

Well when you use it you should see that your mana is lesser ,some sparks on the stone and some sentence "your mediation flows into air" ore something i believe.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

NOTHING happens when i use the staff on the center rock, no matter which staff i use.
Estralis Seborian

PM me your charname so I can have a look at it. Are you sure this is a technical problem?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I am not sure what the problem is, anyway i PMd u the name
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Hmm, well I just got thinking: Maybe you don't have all the staves, nor are the ones you're using the right ones.

No idea, though.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Good guess sian.

This should be resolved IG.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Yes turns out the person made me a couple battle staves which dont do anything, sorry for the trouble i caused.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Hmm new problem, now when i try to give the offering (I was told to just shift click the rock after the gaurdian appears) it doesn't work. It isn't that I am using the wrong offering, because i have already confirmed what it is with someone who got it to work.
Estralis Seborian

What do you mean by "it doesn´t work"? Is the guardian rejecting your offering?

Be careful, there is a minor bug: Just shift click on the guardian, never do "use guardian with [something]", this won´t work.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I just shift click the gaurdian and nothing happens.
Estralis Seborian

Absolutely nothing? Don´t wait too long, the guardian does not wait long for your offering.

There is no message that you have the wrong / right offering?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I clicked a little after summoning the gaurdian, and get no msg at all!
Estralis Seborian

If you have some time, we can try it together. Just PM me.
If it is just about the controls, I can help you. If it´s about IC knowledge (sites, staffs, offerings) I can´t.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Well a different GM wasnt able to help me, so try to contact me next time you are online, i pmd u my character.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

we tried hept and it worked, but tah dont react. and the guardian was almost there as we arrived, the same with hept
Estralis Seborian

a. Are you sure you have the right offering for tah?
b. Have you changed your equipemnt in between (some items disturb the mana flow)?
c. reconjure the guardian before offering something to him (you can ... kill him)
Aryllis

Post by Aryllis »

Hmm...Me thought that this things are figure out in game.....
Estralis Seborian

What the right offering is one has to find out ingame, yes.

And also which items disturb the manaflow (there is no message about this, so I thought it is fair to say that there is this "feature")

About the reconjuring, I´m not so sure if this is required from a technical point of view.

RP content has to be found out ingame, but what is about technical stuff and the commands, I think we shouldn´t be too picky. This game is about fun, neither about shift clicking nor frustration.

But it is always the best way to ask a mage ingame because he/she can show you everything and explain it to you, much better then one could do here on this board.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

hey sure we have the right offering. I tried it with a mage. He didnt talk with us....and we made him away, before trying again. And I havent wear things which are disturbing...^^
Estralis Seborian

Then, this sound like a (to the technical staff) known problem that is being worked on.

I hope we can report soon that it is fixed.
Velin

Post by Velin »

The thing is. It worked fine for me when I summoned the gaurdian of hept, after I heard a rumor about them having "left" ((IG reasoning for the stones not working)) . I think that only the summoner may make the offerings. Or perhaps it is cause I already know the rune. Either way, when I summoned for a friend, the spirit didn't react. So it may just be that he only works for the summoner now
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

alles klar estralis, danke
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Hmm well the runes work fine for me now. I dont know why TAH woukldnt work for you. Make sure you have the [fine i'll agree this shouldnt be said], and the ******, and then make sure the gaurdian talks to you once he is summnoed. If you are even CARRYING [spoiler removed] you'd wear it wont work, simply removing [spoiler removed] doesnt fix it, you have to put it on the ground, for instance.

Edit by Estralis: Spoilers removed :wink:
Last edited by falco1029 on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I think it was WRONG for you to state things like this OOC when you have to find out IG. You have reavealed IN GAME information to people who should find these things out IN GAME. We didn't NOT tell you these things you found out just so that you could go and post them anyway.

-Jaime

EDIT: Thank you Estralis.