Newbies complaint

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Morgan Tigermane

Newbies complaint

Post by Morgan Tigermane »

I have a complaint. This bickering and fighting over something that someone wants to do that will help the community has really upseted my game play. All this character bashing and wanting to kill all the time and now it has affected my ability to stay in the game because i'm her lover. Get real and lets have some fun. i enjoy the days when i can go in there and work and not have to worry about someone attacking me because of who i know.

Tiger
Galim

Post by Galim »

I am sorry about this morgan. Yes, it seems many want mia dead, and so others with her too. but too often i don't see the reason why. really. it is not fun to roleplay when there is half a dozens of peoples want to see you dead and you get attacked every night by them.

Perhaps some peoples should think if they should lower a bid their agressions. roleplay it a way that the other one don't lose fun at the game. it is NOT fun to have every night attacks or hatred on you.

perhaps the others should give them more breaks between their "hate and kill-roleplay"

no need to sign in ooc area morgan =)
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

What people are attacking you in game and what reason do they give?
Mia Handur

Complaint

Post by Mia Handur »

Morgan I am very sorry about this and I also have been reather disgusted with some of this. It is not fun for me either thses days to not be able to come in to talk or work without someone after me. It has become a daily occurance now for the past two weeks and it comes from folks I have never even seen in game before. In some cases there is RP background to justify their actions, in other cases I am still at a complete loss and I still have no answers as to why. It appears as though I have become a bit of a "target" for other than good IG rp'ing. Only thing I can think of is that someone has been making a point of convincing others to do this for their own hidden agenda's, and quite frankly I am getting rather fed up with it .Because there are so many after me now I cannot walk the streets safley at anytime of the day. It does tend to take away from the fun for myself and it is also starting to bother others as well. I am sorry and I hope you do not leave Illarion because of it. Here is my suggestion to you. Rp a way to NOT want to be my lover anymore or something like that and then they will most likely leave you alone. You would then be free to carry on your gaming in whatever manner you wish to. Again I am sorry and I understand your frustrations. But there is nothing more I can think of to help you.
Morgan Tigermane

i should be able to love freely whom ever i want to. i guess i will just have to put up with it and come online when there is noone around. but then again how much fun is that. thanks
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Nono,, Mia no,,

Roleplay a way not to be my lover,,dont do it :) you say your having trouble ig with people who wish to attack you, solve this IG, you have friends as well as enemies my dear.
But aside from this, if people are after you IG for no reason apart from OOC issues then report them to the abuse address given on the site.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Galim wrote: it is not fun to roleplay when there is half a dozens of peoples want to see you dead and you get attacked every night by them.
Exactly. :roll:

@Morgan:

Take Mia and hide with her in some cave :) That's what I do.

My day consists of - sit in a cave, get out go chop some trees, sneak into town, sell something, buy tools, get caught, get killed, lose items, go back to a cave, kill something, make some money, chop some trees, sneak into town....
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

This is an IG complaint in OOC.
If you're not having fun, then change your character. Obviously something is wrong with your character if people are attacking you every night. :roll:
Galim

Post by Galim »

@Konstantin

Sorry, but you just get attacked when you enters town. With the good rp reason that you are a searched and banned outlaw. I think that CAN'T be compared with Mia's situation. And you chosen your fate yourself, Mia not. Others forced her to that. you chosen it with playing a criminal.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

Oh, you don't know the half of it. :wink:

Just stating the point, that if someone is hunted every night, something is wrong with them. Most likely, they made a few wrong choices.
Galim

Post by Galim »

or simply because the hunters like it to hunt attack and kill someone. every thought of that? Mia and the others are easy targets. perhaps it is just fun for them ooc to hunt someone ig and attack him. at least that is not meaning of this game
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

OOC PK is wrong for Illarion.

Random killing I only see applicable for bloodthirsty orcs in berserker state.
Morgan Tigermane

No reasons?

I am new and have not made choices or offened anyone in game i have not been in long enough to even do that.
seems just because i love mia i am a marked target also.

and i do not want to hide in caves and i should not have to

Morgan
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Let me tell you Morgan, Mia's big debate is not the first debate, and not the biggest. :twisted: You will see there are many battles and debates like this...then "the eye of the storm" comes and something else happens in a bit. You can tell right before the debate begins because right before it does, it is the funnest rp.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

//Edited (I beg your pardon).

Your char made a choice of being Mia's lover, Morgan. That's a choice.
Last edited by Konstantin K on Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Konstantin K wrote:You made a choice of being Mia's lover, Morgan. That's a choice.
Ahem, her character made that choice. There is nothing to discuss on any ooc board, these are all IG events and happenings to characters. Mixing ooc with ic is against the rules anyway.
Mia Handur

Choices

Post by Mia Handur »

It is not a problem with a character that has not even been online for more than a handfull of days. A good portions of the "mia" bashing seems to be due to a problem with the RL folks who have no clue how to RP properly in game because they have an issue to pick RL with me. And the fact that some folks who run multiple characters cannot seem to keep the characters seprate IG when dealing with me. I will not speak names but I am sure they know who they are. It is sad when an IG character who was "freindly" then becomes "unfreindly" only because that PO's Other character has now got an issue of "unfreidnliness" with me also ( for entirely different reason that the first character doesn't even have any clues about.)

What is really sad is it gives a bad name to other folks who do run multiple characters IG properly and do it very well.

Mia

Oh and by the way,,, what is the point of a german speaking character I have never seen before walking up and say somthing like "mit lesbish mit Morgan?" and when I nod yes and I ask why , in very broken english and some german, they say something to the effect that they were told to ask by"" (cant remember the name)"" for an unknown reason. When I attempted to communicate they turned and left never to be seen again. And I still have not seen or talked to this character as of this time.

Want to try explaining all that nonsense? hmmm?

If somebody has an IG problem with the relationships Mia has then they could at least have the decency to IG RP it properly.
And not use a RL attitude as an IG excuse to be bothersome in a very very poor RP way.

Yeesh

"lesbish" Mia
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. Homosexuality isn't really accepted in the middle ages, and being slaughtered because people think you are possesed should not come as a surprise fyi. People who were homosexual, did not talk about it in public. Trying civil rights movements might result in mia being burned at the stake for being a witch. Maybe instead of flinging mud at everyone else, you should take a step back and look at how you are rp'ing. Walking around calling eachother lover (this is between two women) in the shop is not being quiet about it. In real life, I really don't care.
Zare

Post by Zare »

In the RL middle ages, homosexuality wasn't accepted because the church outlawed it, no other reason. In fact, homosexuality was once very popular. For instance, Emperor Nero had several husbands. When people started worrying that the population was going to go down, the church took action and banned it.
Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is, In Illarion, there are different gods and a different religion system. Unless there is any better reason gays should be shunned upon, I think it should be fine
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

True Zare. I guess its basically up to the gm's on this subject. However it is out of the ordinary in Trollsbane anyway.
Konstantin K

Post by Konstantin K »

I was kinda feeling the same thing Gro said. But I was too shy to mention it. None of my business after all.
But yes, I would think that in the eyes of, say, such a strict order of Knights as Grey Rose, homosexuality would be frowned upon.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Player bashing is a big problem with characters. Especially orcs lately.

It's Illarion.
It's free.
I suggest getting used to it. :wink:
Mia Handur

bashing

Post by Mia Handur »

I don't care if anyone wants to bash Mia cause she's gay,(that is Morgan's problem to figure out), or for politics, or ritual blood needs,god appeasements, or whatever. My problem is bashing with absolutly no logical, noticable, or even remotley implied reasons,whether they are sane or or insane. That gives good rp'ing a bad name.

Mia
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Could i bash Mia for the reason of being a psychotically deranged maniac, with issues with his drinking?
Galim

Post by Galim »

and why just mia? why not others?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Not just Mia, im sure this char would hunt down and slay Galim for being the beer keeper!
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Aristeaus wrote:Could i bash Mia for the reason of being a psychotically deranged maniac, with issues with his drinking?
Arist has a point.

Sometimes you may not know the certain reasons. Which include some RPing. Not just,

Name: ((WTF!!!?!??!))
Turonga Mudwater

Post by Turonga Mudwater »

Mia you seem to be refering to me when you say these things. I can assure you I have reasons. Perhaps other characters are just a bit more blood thirsty then others?
Mia Handur

Arist

Post by Mia Handur »

What a wonderful description of yourself. Only kidding, lol lol lol. Sure why not? Lets go have a drink! :D
Laughing on the way to the bar,
Mia
Turonga Mudwater

Post by Turonga Mudwater »

Huh? I did not understand any of that. But yeah Turonga IS blood thirsty you can obvioulsy see it through her behavior in and out of town. She wants a fight, am I supposed to let you offend me Because your being bashed for OOC reasons by other players? This is not my fault and not My problem.