A letter concerning Mia Handur

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Brendan Mason

A letter concerning Mia Handur

Post by Brendan Mason »

I am aware that this letter will make me unpopular, with Mia Handur's sycophantic followers, but I feel that I must express my worries about the so called Helping Hand home that she is so invested and involved in.

It recently came to my attention that Burlow Boinclod and this Mia Handur have opened an orphanage on the island of Greenbriar, home of several members of the Evergreen Halflings and two humans.

When I confronted Mia about this in town earlier this evening, she quickly became defensive and distanced herself from the orphanage, that she so happily shouts about on the town wall.

The truth about Burlow Boinclod is, that he opened an "orphanage" on the island of Greenbriar, in a home we have yet to identify, due to the lack of children on the island when myself and Ezorock Roughfoot investigated, excluding Rosa's three children.

Burlow has no right to do this, because he does not even own a home on Greenbriar, that fact of the matter is, I've only ever met "Doctor" Burlow once. He has no right to open an orphanage on my home, without asking one or more of the Evegreens in advance.

I have no qualms with taking care of disadvantaged children, but the truth is, I am in serious doubt about the credentials of an orphanage where two odd persons invade the homes of Halflings who have worked hard to build their island.

Similarily, I sincerely doubt that Mia is an innocent hand in what I dare call the current fraud on Greenbriar. She openly admits to using the donations many upstanding citizens of this island have given, to build her own home on Troll's Bane.

Fellow Aandarians, I ask you, please help me uncover the truth about Mia Handur and Burlow Boinclod..

Brendan Mason

Brendan tacks the note to the wall using the hammer and nail Ezo had handed him earlier.
Mia Handur

Brendan,

Post by Mia Handur »

I really am sick of folks lying and scheming and only showing their face when Politics are involved.

I repeated over and over to you to go talk to Doc Burlow Boinclod as it his his responibilty, He started this and he oversees it.

You obviously were not paying any attention to anything I said to you as you made your mind up before you walked into the shop.

Obviously your more concerned with your "ownership" issues and not concerned about helping others in need.

You also have not yet even bothered to talk to Burlow.

Once again I deal with fools and idiots who do not get all the facts before they speak.

Once again I am accused of petty things in petty ways.

Take your egos, politics,greed, selfishness, and ignorant assumptions, theats, and accusations somewhere else where they can at least serve some Usefull pupose and leave me to do my work.

By the way, if you really "own" this land and "care" so much about it then you should pay closer attention to postings, and this would have been irrelevant to start with. And I think it is shamefull you would threaten me so for the sake of my protecting a place that must be hidden for the sake of the innocent and defenseless dwellers within it.

Besides as I told you , there is a very long list of those who already wish me dead, you would have a very long wait. So you will have to find someone elses' head to put in your stew.

Go talk to the person in charge, Doc Burlow as I requested so many times of you, and leave me to healing and helping those in need, I have no time for this foolishness.

Sincerely
Mia Handur
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Mia,
If you cared as you write. You would respect his ownership over the property.

-Kasume-
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Mia's defense sentences sound very familiar.
Alora Ironforge
Location: Bashing Away At Galim's Depot...Damn Dwarven locks...

Post by Alora Ironforge »

Brendan Mason wrote:Good to hear it, Mia. Best to keep on top of things in the orphanage.

Brendan

Are you upset at Mia for some other reason then this and just venting. Because you said the above only 2 days before you now accuse her of these things.....Im just confused.
Mia Handur

confused

Post by Mia Handur »

Your not the only one confused Alora.
Many folks are.
Myself included.

Mia
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

I think two very rude, unfriendly and overhasty halfing should apologize by Mia. We know from whom I speak.

~Shandariel~
Mia Handur

rudeness

Post by Mia Handur »

Thank you Shan.
Mia
Hinilden

Post by Hinilden »

Citizens of Troll's Bane
Mr. Mason of Greenbriar

I had arrived on this island earlier this morning, marching my way south into the land until the town had come into my view. Within time, I was able to speak to someone about the condition of my boat that I had used to sail with across the cold waters to the north.

Due to a number of problems with the boat, I was forced to swim a small distance from the eastern waters, to the northern shore. I was lucky that my arms didn't give up, otherwise I would of never set foot here.

Unfortunately my clothing and shoes were too damp to carry along with me, and I was forced to dispose of them. All I had left out of my supplies was a hammer, shovel, and extra pair of trousers. I entered the town, feeling exhausted.

A guard of this town was able to assist during my time of need, along with a few other townsfolk. However, if Mia had not recognized the troubles I had dealt with, I would still be deep below the cavern to the east of town, searching for some material to trade with.

Without her generous donation (consisting of dry clothes and food), I would of become a beggar on the streets of the town. I am not aware of any troubles she has done in the past, but I thank her deeply for her kindness and efforts. I do not see how such a person could be involved with such troubles, but either way - I hope this situation is solved peacefully without drawing blades.

Hinilden Dalvorahn
Mia Handur

Thanks

Post by Mia Handur »

Thank you Hinilden as well.

Mia
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Since there seems to be confusion about Greenbriar here, let me clear some things up.

First of all the town Greenbriar, and the island it's built on, belongs to the Evergreen Halflings. The buildings there are our homes. If you are not one of these people...

- Brendan Mason
- Ezorock
- Rosa Smallburrow
- Pronon Palmsugar
- Zare
- Toby Ripplewater
- Felkin Fennikish
- Bumbol Woodstock
- Hermie
- Ganidor
- Hadrog
- Thomas Oakrige
- Oliver Pinetrail
- Aaron Groveburry
- Molbo Flourfern
- Luise Talblau
- Berilac Frumblefoot
- Willum Greenwood

...you have no right to enter the houses built, or run a hospital or whatever I hear is being done. You must also follow laws of Greenbriar. Just so you don't forget any of them I'll have them listed at the bottom of this message.

Now Mia, I don't know you or the whole story behind this, but I'll just say this - Follow the laws that we have set or don't step foot on our land.

You may think i'm rude, unfriendly or whatever but this is the way it is going to be.

Laws of Greenbriar:
The laws of Lyrenzia will govern our lands. If you break a law set by Lyrenzia then we will bring you before them to be punished. Hereby, anyone who is banned from Troll’s Bane is also banned from Greenbriar.
You may enter our local tavern, known as the ‘Happy Halfling’ and you may use our blacksmiths if you wish. The Tavern is the building on the Eastern shore; it also has a small garden with tables and chairs next to it, if you are unsure where the Tavern is you should ask, do not enter any of the resident’s houses.

You may not enter any of the houses without strict permission of its owner. Doing so will be classed as trespassing with the intent to cause further criminal activities.

You may not cut any trees on our isle; doing so is wilful criminal damage. Our forests are maintained by full Evergreen Halfling members.

You may not bring any weapons into Greenbriar. Only residents and full members of the Evergreen Halflings may carry weapons as it is our home and we have the right to protect ourselves should the need arise. The only exception to this is that you may bring a simple staff to aid your walking if need be. This should not be a battle staff or magic wand.

You may not use the Farmland without permission. Any crops you plant here without permission are liable to be taken from you and the cost will not be reimbursed. If you wish to farm in our lands you will need to apply for a Farming Permit. This "Farming Permit" is not in use yet, as we must know demand for such a thing. Please send us a dove if you are interested.

Full Evergreen Members hold the right to ask you to leave Greenbriar should they suspect you of causing harm to others or breaking the peace, failure to comply will result in banning and the possibility of being brought before Lyrenzia for trespassing and breaking the peace. The council also holds the right to ban people with just cause.

Breaking any of these laws will lead to suspension and possible banishment from Greenbriar, you have been warned.

Crosis Smallburrow
Founder of the Evergreen Halflings
Alora Ironforge
Location: Bashing Away At Galim's Depot...Damn Dwarven locks...

Post by Alora Ironforge »

Crosis, Good to see your back, even just to view our town walls.

But i also suggest you read your own Greenbriar town wall,

The reformed Evergreen Halflings Member's Rota is now:

Council - Brendan Mason, Ezorock Roughfoot, Hermie.

Members - Burlow Boinclod, Molbo Flourfern, Rosa Smallburrow, Toby Ripplewater.

Seems even you have been forgotten....And i see Burlows name on the list.....And i do not remember Mia ever stating she went to Greenbriar.

But your Penmanship.
was devine.
Mia Handur

Laws.

Post by Mia Handur »

Dear Crosis.

I have not broken any of your laws , nor do I ever intend to. Plain and simple.

I can not even safely walk outside the gates of Trollsbane.

And when I was "Invited" to go there by Brendan just a few days ago I declined his offer.

Sincerely,
Mia Handur
Last edited by Mia Handur on Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

I dont get it. Why is the orphanage such a big deal to people. If you want to support it, do, if you dont, dont. Why keep giving Mia a hard time about it.
People talk a lot about "doing things for the community", yet when someone actually IS doing something they attack them for it. Get your priorities right. And leave Mia alone. All she is trying to do is help people and all anyone can do is persecute her for it rather than helping out.
Lets start a new party for this election. The "lets stop bitching and start trying to make a difference party".
Support those who try to do something for our community and stop puting hurt pride or whatever first.

Jeremy
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Alora, that was just a temporary measure, in Crosis' absence. The old membership still stands, however those we listed on the list you showed us, was merely in mention of those who showed up at a meeting. The people named by Crosis still have homes on Greenbriar.
Mia Handur

Thanks

Post by Mia Handur »

Thank you Jeremy as well.

Mia
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

Firstly: Why are you Alora, a dwarf, Telling the Evergreen halflings who and who isnt in there guild.

Secondly: We are not a mean or unfriendly bunch of halflings, all you would have needed is permission. I gladly let friends into my home, but not when I am not there or they do not have my permission. It would have been far simpler to just ask us if you could use our land.

Pronon Palmsuger
Councilor of the Evergreen Halflings
Morgan Tigermane

orphange

Post by Morgan Tigermane »

why complain when some does good in the community or even tries. all this fuss over it, and towards mia has me to wanting to leave this island and travel to other lands. all this fighting and wanting to kill over something so stupid and makes me ill. shame on you all for ruining a great place to live.

Mogan Tigermane
Last edited by Morgan Tigermane on Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferrari Swifteye

Post by Ferrari Swifteye »

((I understand your new, but on the RPG board you talk as though in game. There is no game when talking on the RPG board the game is real life))
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

Scribbled down unrecognizeably

Why did a dwarf read the town wall news of Greenbriar, if she is not allowed to enter Greenbriar? I think Greenbriar needs a town guard of their own.

-unsigned
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Since Greenbriar is ran under Lyrenzia law as well, I would assume that Greenbriar residents have the common decency to let Lyrenzia's own gaurd into their town to keep eyes on a few things.

Not invading privacy, only looking over the walls perhaps and what is happening in the tavern. I'm sure the halflings would respect a gaurd if their whole community is apart of the Lyrenzia law. Only logical.

-Kasume-