Racial items

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mishrack

Racial items

Post by Mishrack »

Hmm Why not have racial items? so that one race can build an use this item, whereas the next race can build/use another?

-more powerfull bows by elves (long bow)

- Stronger armour by dwarves (mithril)

-stronger weapons by Orcs (halberds)

-traps by halflings

-something by lizards (no ideas yet)

-and humans, that cannot produce any racial item, but use all of the others
Setherioth

Racial items

Post by Setherioth »

hmm well i don't know how much i like the idea of only a certain race being able to use things, but i really like the idea of things can only be made by certain races.
Mishrack

Racial items

Post by Mishrack »

My original idea was to do so all races could use them, but then i thought it might be a good idea to give humans a bit of an advantage here, and still staying true to thei all round'ness
thus by them not being able to make any special thing, and yet be able to use them all.
I think it would make people think a bit more about  what race they choose. it seems now that nearly everyone is human or elf. we are not many halflings, dwarves and lizards... ;)
mannelig_

Racial items

Post by mannelig_ »

might I remind you, halflings orcs and lizards all like to reamin hidden from sight? :)
Gandela

Racial items

Post by Gandela »

hmmmm when they can build the items they are not racial

btw.: there are racial items like flutes

...sorry my english is terribel *g*
Setherioth

Racial items

Post by Setherioth »

well i know why some people don't pick orcs and lizards. There's too much rascism right now with people saying the smell and that they're no good and stupid....it's so not true yet it may discourage some people...
Caranthir the great

Racial items

Post by Caranthir the great »

In my Opinion, It'd be nice that when/if the map is largened and the boats/teleportscrolls become needed to travel between the islands, the lizards would be granted ability to swim between them.
Roke

Racial items

Post by Roke »

The ideas of certain races being the only ones to make certain items like the original proposal is a great one.  However I believe that all races should be able to use the items that the other races use as said before but with a twist that humans can not make any special items due to the fact that like Caranthir stated, they are well rounded as well as the majority of players choose humans.  

(p.s. what race can make flutes?  I thought that no one could make them)
Dyluck

Racial items

Post by Dyluck »

Gandela thought that racial means rare.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

What is being done about this? It would be nice to know that it is being worked on or see it being implemented...

Because right now there are few differences between the races except in stats during creation...the greatly lowers the RP fantasy level and realism IMO.

Such things as dwarves being able to get more skilled in smithing,
elves being able to increase in skill more in magic,
humans being able to have average "max" skill amount in all skills,
halflings being able to have a capacity for more skill in peasantry and baking,
orcs being able to be more skilled with weapons....

And such things as dwarves only being able to make dwarven axes
elves only being able to make elven bows etc. etc.

These things if/when implemented to the game would make a very nice improvement in racial differentiation

Maybe it would not be so hard to do these things as in my view it only requires a bit of tinkering with the skill programming in relation to maximum capacities and so on, and requires no real "additional" programming only a bit of changing. If so if such could be done that would be appreciated so much!
Xerake

Post by Xerake »

For lizards, claws instead of just bare fists when they have no weapons or shields in their hands.