The Town Guard has gone mad!!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hagen von Rabenfeld

Post by Hagen von Rabenfeld »

Nilo, you should better spend a single second thinking, before you write something on the town wall.
So what if shes trying to be defiant. Just let her be, and she will eventualy stop.
No. Perhaps you are prone to kidding, the town guard is not. Not towards such persons.

-Tari was treated more than fairly, almost dumb, as she was about to kill anyone in sight. We showed her more mercy than a mad murderer ususally would get in any country, you might think of, while she was stabbing at us.
-Tari was not beheaded, not harmed in any way, but put into prison for this.
-Tari was released. (And, in our grace, NOT banned permanently, as we could have done with a obviously mad person)
-Tari starts to make a scene in order to show, she can resist the guard´s words.
-Even after she was made to head to the guard´s words, she came back and started to insult the guardsmen again. Would a helpless victim come back and risk to be lectured another time by force, if she didn´t want to make a scene? Don´t make me laugh.

So what? She already proved, you cannot reach her with reasoning. She tried how far she can go. And i do NOT intend to let would-be-murderers play this stupid game with the guardsmen. She tried to kill anyone in sight a few days before and should be most thankful, that we do not simply put her on a stake for her mad actions. Mocking the guardsmen, misbehaving and trying to make a scene, a few days after her killing spree, is not the most clever actions someone who really wants nothing but to live a peaceful life, without harming or insulting anyone, could do. So she is either dumb or she wanted to make a scene in order to reach such simple minded persons, who like to argue over things, they have no idea of.
But for you, Nilo, it is rather easy to state such idiocy. You would not be responsible, if she kills another bypasser because the mood strikes her and she noticed she can go very far with the guard. And you would be the first one outraged that the guard did not exclude a known murderer from the society, as soon as there would be a victim. So better shut up, before your hypocrisy becomes to obvious.

If a person already proved, that not violent means have no effect on his/her behaviour, we won´t give him/her hundreds of other chances to proof it again. If we would do so, we would not only fail in our duty, but would have to read comments from "honest and righteous" people on the town wall, that we are all corrupt and have been bought, in order to spare this special person her punishment.

If you were so honest and rightous, all of you would apologize, for insulting the honour of a man, that attacked a madwomen, who endangers you. But do not fear, we will not be very disapointed, if you do not, in order not to loose face in public, by admitting, you were wrong.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
~Commander of the town guard~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

She showed no agresivness to me in fact it was rather kind of her to give the belongings that she did not need. Hagen if you hate us arguing and fighting over nothing then you are just as bad as we are. If i knew the truth i would not care what others said because in my mind i knew i protected them. They may seem ungratefull but still you would know. A mass murderer?? Mabey befor the jail messed up her mind. If that were the case im not sure wheather to thank you or curse you. people change you know that as well as I.
Singed,
Ereaes
Hagen von Rabenfeld

people change you know that as well as I.
Mocking the guardsmen, misbehaving and trying to make a scene, a few days after her killing spree, is not the most clever actions someone who really wants nothing but to live a peaceful life, without harming or insulting anyone, could do.
Read, child, read!

If she would have changed, would she have provoked such a scene? Your conclusions are doubtful.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

you are just as bad as we are
Ereaes, then you admit to being a public nuisance. Lately I have noticed an increased amount of people trying to pick a fight with the guard. The people, may see that the guard are a force high aboe them, even better than them. Perhaps if the guard did more to imrpove how they co-operate with the people. Perhaps a public meeting with the guard could be warranted.

Mr Brendan Mason
Shilandrea Touladile

Post by Shilandrea Touladile »

If they call a town metting they will surely slaughter us all!
Everyone leave town and escape their terrible grip!
-not signed
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

Perhaps if the guard did more to imrpove how they co-operate with the people.
Perhaps not hacking the people to death for littering would be a start. These Dogs of lyrenzia are there for one reason, to keep the people down. Justice has nothing to do with it. Why not take her before the "court"? why not lock her up to cool down? No, much better to send a message to the cowering populace "Do what lyrenzia tells you or die."

Algoran.
Shilandrea Touladile

Post by Shilandrea Touladile »

Stop opposing my town guard or I shall personally kill each and every one of you. You have had enough warnings already.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Brendan obviously you did not get the point....call me what you will yet i do not think what the guard did was right i do not want to kill him for it or anything like that. I do not hate any of the guards. In their minds what they did was right i gues i can not change that. I am just as peacfull as the next Elf except one differnce when i get angry as i did when i sawe the lady slain I may do something another elf would not. Oh...and Hagen it would not be wise to call me a child...if my memory severs me right my brother and sister elfs have a long life span compared to you humans.

Singed,
Ereaes
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Well…
I had a long talk to Tari on that day...and she told me, that she neither is interested in following the rules of town, nor if she could get jailed for breaking them.

I´ve told her what she had to expect, but it was senseless. She also went to town several times despite her ban. She don´t care about anything and so she had to bear the consequences.

Gwynnether von Glanwen
Townguard
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Nilo, you should better spend a single second thinking, before you write something on the town wall.
Thanks hagen for that lovely note. I do indeed think before I right. Perhaps you are just saying this in order to defend the gaurds?

Do you mind telling us WHO the heck is in the town guard?
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Hagen,
Earlier i saw a lady come up to you and hit your armour.

Yet, you didnt turn your sword on her like you (the guards) did with Tari. How can this be?? It shows that you dont live by your own standards and laws!

~Unsigned~
Hagen von Rabenfeld

Dear unknown agitator,

if you would have payed a little more attention, you would have noticed, that i was just trying to help this person, by clearing an attack on her which happened before and informed her about how she can put the person, who just admitted his doings, on trial. You would also have noticed that the dwarf who admitted his attack on her wanted me to look away this time, what you would have frowned upon aswell. The person in question Shilandrea seemed rather frustrated, that the guards did not slay anyone (which you would frown upon aswell) on the spot but instead tried to solve this without bloodshed. As the guards did not turn out as bloodthirsty idiots, like she expected and hoped for without a doubt, so she can accuse us of simply slaying people on whim, she shoved me aside from frustration. Isn´t it a difference, if you try to help someone or if the person wanted to kill everyone in sight a few days ago?

Well you see what we get, even when it is our intention to help this person, although Shilandrea did not show much friendlyness towards us before. She did not resist a punishment, but decided not to make use of the trial opportunity and unlike Tari, you are speaking of, she weren´t on a killing spree a few days before, which should make a difference in the question, if we should only warn or directly punish her, or do you have a different opinion on this? Should we just slay anyone, however they behaved in the past, or should we slay noone, even if a person tries to kill another citizen infront of us?

As she did not resist any punishment but was simply frustrated, she weren´t able to make a scene, i decided to let it be a warning.

You complain if we punish a person, instead of simply warn him again and again.
You complain if we warn a person and do not punish him on the spot.
You complain if we do not treat everyone equally, because of his/her past crimes.
You complain if we treat everyone equally, regardless of their past crimes.

Finally you should decide what you truly want. If you allow me to guess, i would say you will take every opportunity and critize our every action, regardless of how we actually decided. If we would have punished Shilandrea for being upset she could not make a scene, we would have to read, how cruel we are towards a "helpless woman". I hope Shilandrea and the other two girls stop your futile attempts to decrease our reputation by provoking the guard, hoping that they attack unjustified, if they managed to be annyoing enough.

And besides, you could really sign your scribblings, Nilo. We know your dislike of the guard, yet you were not slain by us. Well, either we became lazy or maybe we really take more factors into account, than if we like a person or not, before we decide, how to handle a situation, or what do you think?

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

I do not dislike the guard.... I just disagree with many things you do. I also like the people IN the guard, but not necessarily THE GUARD.
You complain if we punish a person, instead of simply warn him again and again.
You complain if we warn a person and do not punish him on the spot.
You complain if we do not treat everyone equally, because of his/her past crimes.
You complain if we treat everyone equally, regardless of their past crimes.
actulaly i rarely complain about the guard at all.... but now you come down to it:

I think somone should receive one warning. If they persist, then you do what you think is necessary.

You DONT Make up laws on the spot, and expect people to follow them!! If there is a new law, post it so people can SEE it.

and, dont killl people for simply kicking you and trying to make a scene. All they want is attention. Just go along with it; give them attention they seek, and they will leave you alone eventually.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Not if either I or Athian put an arrow in your head first mr Toshkan, you will find I am an excelent shot, though I am a little curious where you got the name Alexandra from, you see I've never left a message here before, and I never signed it, so now your problem is, I can be anyone. Though I am a little curious why you want to kill me, a little stupid seeing as I am worth more alive.

'Alexandra' to Mr Toshkan,
unknown to anyone else.
Hagen von Rabenfeld

I think somone should receive one warning. If they persist, then you do what you think is necessary.
Tari received several warnings, as she stabbed at us and we tried to calm her. Then we still did NOT hurt her, but imprison her. As she were out of jail she immidiatelly made trouble again. Again she received a couple of warnings, before we did what we think necessary.

Shilandrea received a warning today, as she had provoked the attack on herself willingly, because she threw a sword at the dwarf, while we tried to settle this peacefully and because she further tried to provoke the guard by shoving, as she got frustrated, because she could not make us attacking someone unjustified by annoying us.

You see?

You DONT Make up laws on the spot, and expect people to follow them!! If there is a new law, post it so people can SEE it.
If you try the game, how far you can go with the town guard, by mocking them, hindering them in their duty or try to undermine their authority, you will receive an appropriate reaction after a single warning. Now tell, me can we hope that common sense is enough to understand this, or should we make a paragraph for spitting in the guards´ face, for slapping him in the face, for calling him names, for throwing insides at him and for every other idiocy a mad person like this girl can dream of? And yet you complain about lyrenzian bureucracy? My advice is, speak to the bureucrats, if you want a law for every nonsense, not to a soldier.

You mentioned before, she could not know, a guardsman is doing his duty. Now, she could have thought:
"Hagen von Rabenfeld is commander of the guard. This man is doing, what the other guardists are doing. This man is showing the same coat of arms on his shield, as the commander of the guard. This man is wearing the same blue cape, the commander wears. This man is wearing the same style of armour as the commander. Could this be a guardsman?"
Should i simplify it even more?

Finally, i am rather disapointed there are still people, who rather believe the ill constructed lies and let themselves be tricked by the most simple of tricks from some ignorant girls trying to continue the anarchist´s work by more "clever" means. As the public deserves the truth, i have to say, i think it outrageous that there are people, who rather believe such bad liers, who associated with scum like the movement in the past, than a guardsman and insult his honour. The honour of Nedor von Largon, a man who defended the south gate alone against several demons, as all those who bragged about the glory, they got during the storm of the orc horde, were idle making senseless attacks in the east. A man who shed his blood on countless occasions when he could have turned his back and told himself, that the robber there does not concern him. A man, who fought against the minions of the demon worshipper and the movement alike. And still you rather believe a girl, that already proved her madness. This is not only ungrateful, this is a shame.

Yet we did not make a petty announcement for every occasion we defended the town or put a villain to justice. As more as i read the messages, some frequent troublemakers left here on the town wall, the more i wish, we would have done so. It really seems, some persons here in town would prefer blinded braggarts as guardsmen, who announce every little detail, they did in the town´s name, like "We cleared about 40 ogres out of their cave as they were massing for an attack. Hail the glorious champions of Troll´s bane!---This day we put Nerevar Shadowaxe to justice and ended his cursed existance. Rejoice, citizens!---Another pickpocket was put into jail today!"
That we would really have to do such low things, just to make sure, literally everyone sees such futile attacks on our reputation, as what they are, is nothing but sad. That we even have to discuss all the pointless bickering, one can read above, is clearly showing, that there will always be a minority of people, who will critizise the guard, whatever we decide. Let this be power hungry murderers like the movement scum, Darlok and his pawns, madmen like Gordom and Elaralith, or people who search someone, they can show, how unruly they are, or work towards political goals, by decreasing our reputation. What in the god´s name did you expect, would the enemies of a secure and peaceful Troll´s bane do else?
There is not a single incident, we did not try to solve problems peacefully, gave not one, but several warnings, with words or temporary bans, before we relied on force of arms. So, how can an objective person truely belive such rubbish, that this half crazed person, who talks to mirrors, attacks people at random and is clearly mad, has scribbled on a piece of parchment? Some people should ask themselves, if they wanted to believe these lies out of prejudices or tricks to sway their opinion, like we encountered the last days.

When i read, what some people here here have written, i think, you should really apologize to Nedor von Largon, if there is any spine left in you, to admit, that you were wrong.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Hagen despite her past, this gaurdsman obviously did not know who she was, or that she had mental instabillities, and he still killed an unarmed unarmoured woman because she kicked his armour he could easily have over powered her and thrown her out, instead he killed her, with no remorce or reget to the action, it's all fine to say that the gods return her no harm done, but what if sh did not return, he would have murdered someone in cold blood, no matter what she had done in the past she served her time in jail, unless she had attacked him with a weapon, he had no reason to kll her.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

If you try the game, how far you can go with the town guard, by mocking them, hindering them in their duty or try to undermine their authority, you will receive an appropriate reaction after a single warning. Now tell, me can we hope that common sense is enough to understand this, or should we make a paragraph for spitting in the guards´ face, for slapping him in the face, for calling him names, for throwing insides at him and for every other idiocy a mad person like this girl can dream of? And yet you complain about lyrenzian bureucracy? My advice is, speak to the bureucrats, if you want a law for every nonsense, not to a soldier.
Yes, that is true. But what she did was put stuff on the ground. That isnt logical.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Yes, that is true. But what she did was put stuff on the ground.
Have you seen it?
I don´t call it "put stuff on the ground", when a person throws arrows and wool all over the marketplace.

Gwynnether von Glanwen
Townguard
Hagen von Rabenfeld

Another explanation necessary:

-You are new to Troll´s bane and are involved in a crime. The guard will warn you, try to find out, what caused the problem at first and if you act sensible, let you go.
-You have been warned. You will receive an additional, single warning, before you will receive punishment, usually a temporary ban or prison, if violence was involved.
-You come out of prison. You are expected to stick to a quiet, peaceful live and every action you do, will be closely watched. If you show no understanding, that you have to obey the authority of those, who gave you a chance to live a normal life again, you should expect harsher punishments.

I hope this is clear enough.
Hagen despite her past, this gaurdsman obviously did not know who she was, or that she had mental instabillities
Wrong. He knew exactly, that she has been in prison twice already, for endangering bystanders.

For being nothing but a poor helpless women, with mental instabilities, this person gave her best, to make the guards to act unjust in the past. And as her "mental instabilities" seem only to show up, when there is a chance to make a scene with the guard, is not doubtful in your eyes? If you investigate further you come upon Derionar Fallvictor, alias Hamlet being her cousin. That is a surprise isn´t it? And her mental instabilities did not show up, before she tried to invoke compassion for her poor outlaw cousin. That will be coincidence, right? And it is impossible, she could do this out of political reasons, of course.

I remember people saying:
"Oh i have amnesia, i cannot remember killing people, laying fire everywhere and worshipping Moshran, really."
"Im so sorry, my mother did not treat me well and so i have to kill a person each day, i can´t help it."

Still i would like to know, why some are rather siding with agitators, that play the fool intentionally, than seeing that everything else, Nedor could have done, would be nothing but a bad joke. If people have proven dangerous towards the public, they should not try their silly shemes with the guard. If Tari Ancalime, a proven murderer, does only take us serious, when we rely on the force of arms, we will not hesitate.

~Hagen von Rabenfeld~