Farewell

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Once all the guards layon the deck, Val let the board steer straight to Trollsbane. Val ran and hoisted up the main sail and speed up the boat.

"Won't be long now elf"
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Ereaes looks at Val and says "Why are you headed to TrollsBane? Im going to see the grave of my brother Deies and perhaps make my tailor trade once more. This is my second time to TrollsBane have you been here befor?"
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Trollsbane is my home, I am homesick

Val slowed down the boat and asked Ereaes to help with the sails. Once they did he began to pull into the dock

"Looks like we are here, we gotta go through Northerot though. Hope you don't mind.

Val throws a rope on the dock and jumps down. He ties a nice strong knot and lets Ereaes lower the plank. They both walk into out of Northerot and are glad to be back.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

"The Herion bloodline ends tonight." A female voice side.
"Yes, my love, our years of toil are about to end. The king dies in his bed, his children are sound asleep as is wife. And two younger brothers are completely unaware. They will all be gone by daybreak..." A deep voice said.
"The assasins have been told to make it look like an orc rampage right?" The woman asked.
"Yes my love, all has been taken care of. And it will go on spectacularly, as everyone is panicking with a war against the orc tribes to the north, they will need a leader. And I my love, I will be that person. Royal Advisor to the king, and Commander of the navy during the highlander war. Yes, I will take the throne, and you my love will be adored and loved by the peasants as their queen."
"Oh, how lovely!"
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

20 assasins silently ran through the royal garden dispatching guards the whole time. The guards were caught off guard and none were able to give a warning yell.
The assasins were inside the castle in minutes. Candles along the walls lite the hallways. The killers knew where the royal family slept. They made their way upstairs steathily.
They split up into two groups, as the stairway ended, 10 going left, the rest going right. But this was where the best royal guards were, they saw the assasins and gave the warning yell. There was a ferocious battle between the assasins and 10 royal guards, but the guards were overwhelmed. And were inside the rooms of the royal family.....

While the assasins were going through the garden, Grant was awoken by a voice. Not from an attacker nor by a gaurd. But from another voice, in his mind. When he was awake the voice was gone, but he was completely awake, not drowsy.
Sixth sense was telling him danger was near. He got out of bed and looked went onto the balcony over looking the royal garden. He saw the dark figures of assasins dashing from bush to tree killing guards as they came to them.
He did not yell, he did not give a warning cry and he didn't know why. Perhaps because he thought it wouldn't stop anything, perhaps because he knew there were many turncoat guards in the castle helping the assasins. He ducked back into his room, put on his tunic and his boots in a flash.
He would bring his younger brother Brent, and his older brother's children and wife and they would flee. He quickly went into Brent's room, the young boy, only 10 was fast asleep. Grant shook him awake and put a finger to his lips. Brent didn't say a word, instead he obediently got out of bed and followed Grant into the king's bedroom.
The bedroom already smelt of death and decay. Yet the king still lived, his chest heaved up and down and his breathing sounded strained. Grant didn't like to leave his brother to the assasins, but he knew he couldn't carry him away, and even if he did, his brother would die as Grant moved him.
Grant and Brent both said farewells to their already lost brother and went into his children's room. The boys were twins, both very young, only infants. Their mother was asleep beside them.
Brent woke Trish up, she was slightly startled, but she saw Grant's face in the candle light and knew this was no nightmare nor joke.
"What is/" Her voice was cut off by the sounds of swords clashing just outside the room.
"We need to leave now." Grant said already moving to the window facing lake Corthin.
He opened the window, it was a fifteen foot drop to the ground. Trish looked down and gasped, "We cannot jump that! The twins might drown!"
"It is shallow, and we must jump. The ground is soft, it will be an easy jump, after we hit the water you must quickly get into the skiff, we will escape onto the lake." Grant said looking deep into the queen's eyes, he saw fear, but he also saw determination, determination to not die nor to let her children die...
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Brent jumped from the window first with one of the infants clutched in his arms. The water went up to his chest, but he kept the child above the water and ran to the dock where the skiff was kept. He went very fast, laying the infant, which was now crying, on a chair under the skiff's deck, he began to get it ready to go.
Trish was right after Brent, by the time she jumped the assasins had gotten into the room, Grant hit one with an icebolt then ran against the door, he had to keep it shut long enough to Trish to get onto the dock.
Grant held the door shut for less then a minute, then he set the door on fire and much of the room, he leapt out of the window in a sprint falling into the shallows. He waded onto the dock, cut the rope holding the skiff and they went off into the lake.
"Where do we go now?" Trish asked after they were safely away from the palace.
"We cannot go back, we would be killed... Besides, how many would believe we were the royal family, whoever wanted us dead hired excellent assasins, which cost money. They could easily convince people that we are dead, and anyone who claim to be us are liars and would be killed on the spot... No, we will not go back... We will go to Trolls Bane. And seek a new life."
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

The skiff landed on the southern tip of the isle, the small party got off, Trish held both infants in her arms and Brent stayed close to her. Grant looked tired and worried.
'By coming back here' he thought 'Have jumped out of the fire and onto the frying pan...'
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

War with the Bloodskull tribe seemed inevitable. Plenty of blood would be split on both sides, either side had a chance of winning. But what victory would the victor have? A ruined troop of people and a barren land?
Grant did what he set out to do. The last of Darlok's magic was banished from this realm because of him. He did what he was supposed to do, and assumed his time in Northerot was over.
What was the point of doing something good such as finishing Darlok's hold on this realm, if he was just going to do something bad with a war. No point, there wasn't a why besides greed.
That is why Grant now stood on the shore of the north eastern portion of the island. He would start life out here, perhaps a new village if those with him could manage to do it. Besides, in a war, some of his family may well be killed, but out here, they were safe to live freely. He was sure that it would take some time for them to get used to life like this, but they would manage.
In the back of Grants mind he thought 'Besides, if Nargun wanted me in Northerot, he would give me a sign or a reason to do so.'