Farewell

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe walks into the kitchen and sees Val. He looks to his lost leg.

"I didnt do that, did I?"
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

"No Salathe, the orcs did. Just a few weeks before this. It seems to be healing up nice...maybe when we land I can use my peg leg."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Well, im a cook, so if you need any help at all in here, just call"

Salathe smiles and leaves the kitchen
Derinoar Fallvictor

Post by Derinoar Fallvictor »

Mean while Derinoar stood on the deck looking out on to the sea..his cloak hung over his face...he had been keeping to himself for the last few days not talking much...

"Damn..."

Derinoar walked down the small stairs and headed for his room..he didn't romove his cloak until he was in his cabin with the door shut
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

While the others were sleeping in their beds, Grant was wide awake in his captain's quarters. He couldn't go to sleep, everytime he turned his back to one part of his room he would hear laughter or footsteps behind him.
He knew the noises weren't really there, infact he had known they weren't there for several weeks now. He had often been in a conversation with on his Movement men and would turn around looking out into the forest or the swamp as if there was an entire army marching towards him. But there never was.
The noises had started when he had been knocked unconcious by the giant demon. He still would get dizzy if he was too active because of that blunt ended axe.
Earlier in the day when the crew was having dinner, Grant had three times asked what Val de Guasse had said when infact Val had said nothing. Grant knew he must look crazy in the eyes of his comrades, but he also knew they still respected him for his leadership which was of course lacking lately because of the noises he heard.
Grant made his way up to the deck of the ship and walked out to the front of the ship. He leaned against the railing looking out into the distance, the sun was beginning to rise behind him. He ignored the footsteps behind him because he was sure they were not really there. And a smile reached his face, because with the new day brought the mainland to the crew of the Duhaud.
Derinoar Fallvictor

Derinoar awoke before for Val, Salathe was hiding some where as far as Derinoar knew..he grab his cloak made his way to the deck,he came up and saw the main land in the distance..He looked over and saw Grant standing on the deck, Derinoar walked over to him and leaned on the rail beside him

"Well your up early .."
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

It is fairly late into the morning, the crew of the Duhaud have eaten their breakfast and are ready to get to the port city of Brenford. They reach the port city a little past noon. A river runs through the whole city of Brenford, all the way to the capital of Corthina, Turnan. Grant decided they might as well take the river all the way to Turnan.
The ride up the river was peaceful, not much happened, the crew passed many fishers and farmers along the way. Finally they reached the capital, it was large with many houses. Only nobles and rich merchants lived in the capital.
The river they were riding opened out into a large lake, the shores of the lake hit some of the buildings of Turnan. The crew brought the Duhaud into the harbor of Turnan and there they anchored and got onto the docks.

Grant was first off the boat, he turned around and said, "I am going to the palace now, you may come and eat with me, we will deffinetly have some great dishs. The Duhaud can be whoevers wants it."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

"Food sounds good to me!"

Salathe smiles and follows Grant
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Straps on his peg leg which he has been usiong for abit now. "I am actually getting use to this wooden leg"
Derinoar Fallvictor

As they all unload and head for palace,Deirnoar lags behind finally when they are all distracted and talking he turns down a allie..[/i]
Derinoar Fallvictor

Derinoar went through back allies and roads..slowly making his way out of the richer parts of the capital, all the way to the outskirts he stoped before he reach the slums.

He made his way to a tavern close by, once inside he order a ale and went towards the back coner.He sat there deep in thought for about half an hour until, of course some bone head came over and started a fight.

"H--hey yous! you set back there with a cloak covering your face like you better than us!"

"Yes i do, and at lest i can hold me ale."

"Why yo-"

"Bastard ya I know, do me a favour and shut up your annoying me."

The man runs forward and throws a punch, Derinoar jumps out of his chair steps back and puts his foot out.The man stummbles over his foot and trips over the chair, he hits the wall and passes out cold..

"Come on don't you know to never start a fight with the quite man in the coner..pathetic!"

At that point Derinoar saw about 5 other man run out the back door once glanced and him and smirked, Derinoar inturn went out the fornt door and walked down the alle beside the tavern.

"Oh come out did you really think I'd walk out down here where you'd attack me and i be so shock you where here i couldn't fight back.Come on fight me"

The men step foward and attack,Derinoar flicks his wrist when he relizes he left his dagger in the parites chest...
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Walks around the outskirts as he practices with his new "leg". He reaches a bar and heres a crash, comes into to see a man with a hole in his chest
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Grant is quickly recognized as a member of the royal family in the town of Brenford. One of the soldiers on leave who had fought alongside Grant the last time he had been home greeted him. The soldier had been promoted from lowly private to captain over the few years Grant had been gone.
The captain helped Grant get a horse and told Grant the luggage would be taken to the capital and delivered to the palace shortly after he arrived. Grant told the captain that two of his shipmates, good friends, were missing, they were rowdy men so he should check bars for them. They didn't know their way around, the captain was to bring them to the palace when they were ready.
With Salathe alongside him on horse, Grant lightly trodded through the town of Brenford. It was a peaceful town, not densely populated, there were more passing sailors then citizens here. Many inns and taverns decorated the town's streets.
After an hour of riding on horseback through Brenford, the two comrades ride along the stone road that would take them to the capital. Flat lands for a couple of miles before they reach the capital and it's high gates.
Derinoar Fallvictor

one man charge ahead of the others he extanded his arm a knife in his hand, Derinoar step aside and grabs his arm as he toss him off his back he crashed through a window, Derinoar didn't pay mind to what the building was only that he managed to get the mans dagger form him and stap him, as he threw him.two more me Charged him swords drawn the other two grabed some crates and threw them at Derinoar, he doged one but the other hit him and threw him to the ground he try to get his breath as the the men with swords walked over to him and stood above him smirking..
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Val unlatched his double axe and walked up to Derinoar
Derinoar Fallvictor

The two men turn and look at Val

"Ha look at this guy! nice leg"

The two men charge at Val, the two who threw the crates watch, gi e Derinoar Time to catch his breath..Val fights back the two men as best as he can but his leg makes it hard for him, he finally manges to get his axe in the mans chest.Mean while Derinoar stands up

"Hey Bastards over here"

The two men who threw the crates rush over and Derinoar gets rid of them easy, he looks over to Val to see the other man laying on the ground

"Nice work Val..."

Deirnoar and Val leave the allie and walk down the street, after a while they here a man shout at them they turn to see a man in armour down the street

"You to stop there!"

"Damn it Val lets get out of here!"

Derinoar runs down the street with Val slightly behind him
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

An hour or two had passed since Grant and Salathe left the town of Brenford and entered the city of Turnan. They had reached the large palace, it was three stories high. Thousands of square feet, the garden was massive and the pond was beautiful in a mid-summers eve.
Salathe had been taken to the guest house which was a comfortable house a few hundred feet away from the palace. Salathe had two servants at his beckon call at this time.
Grant had gone into the palace. He was met by his brother's economic advisor Troy Parker, the advisor greeted Grant odd coldness. Troy was a balding man of about sixty, he had served the Herion dynasty for nearly forty years with neverending loyalty and good advice.
He told Grant his brother was his the King's chamber but told Grant to not visit his brother because Grant might contract the plague, only the healers were allowed to visit the King.
"He is fading soon I believe..." Troy said, "Such a strong spirit, terrible loss, terrible."
Grant nodded slowly studying Troy's expressions. Then he bide the advisor good day and moved on to the dining hall.
Several cooks smiled at Grant and quickly began to make him a welcoming home feast. Grant ate alone in deep thought, he wanted to meet the healers...
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks out off the balcony. He looks around at all the fancy things and feels a bit uncomfortable. He shrugs and decides to walk through the garden. He leaves the guest house and starts walking around the large yard
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Salathe meets to two people in the garden, one is an old man who tends to the garden, he doesn't say anything but is in the background snipping at roses, the second is a plump middle aged woman with a purple dress on. She sits on a bench in the middle of the garden and calls Salathe to come closer to her, she had never seen a lizard before.
Her name was Terry Greelily, a woman married to the baron Thomas Greelily, very rich and very greedy. Terry asks Salathe his name and where he is from. After Salathe tells her these she asks... "So have you passed Grant Herion the green goblet yet?"
She waits to see his reply.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Salathe looks at the women with a bit of confusion

"I've no idea what you mean... the green goblet?"
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Val walks up to the end of the dock and ponders. He didn't likethis place much, and had seen much that went against his believe. He thought about his leg, and how an orc, a creature of moshran, took it. He had gotten use to his peg leg and almost like normal. It still bugged him how Malachin could let them take what was his. He walked to a boat and ask where was the fastest one. The sailor pointed to the east at a middle size boat and told him that one. Val walked over there and paid the man in all the gold he had on him. He said he would wait outside to see if any of hihs friends would join him. The journey would be muchc quicker. Val sighed in both relief and confusion. He would be home again, but he would be changed. A wide grin stretched acrossed his face in a sinister manner.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Val gets on the boat as it leaves. Seems he will be alone for the moment. The boat leaves swiftly and Val looks at the water as the boat glides over it. He runs his fingers through his hair and decides to take a rest for the trip.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Ereaes walks up the ladder to the deck and sees the man. Then asks "Are you headed to TrollsBane too?
Derinoar Fallvictor

Derinoar had been ru ning for about 16 mintues now...he jump in a small building to get his breath when the flash back came to him

"Val that leg will slow you down, head for the docks and get boat to the capital! or head for Trollsbane..your choice!"

"..Alright Derinoar.."

"YOU TWO STOP!"

Derinoar turn and ran back toward the guard he got close then took a left down a allie he managed to get them to follow him as Val got away...

Derinoar snaped back to the real world when he heard the sound of metal armour by him..he looked over but it was to late..

"Heh now we have you, come on Prince Grant Herion wants to speak with you!"

"Wait, you were after me to throw me in jail?"

"No why would we...now hurry Grant wants to see you!"

The men grab Derinoar and walk him down the street until they come to a group of horse, they mount and stick Derinoar on a horse inbetween them..

The doors bust open and the guard walk Derinoar in to the room.Derinoar looks up to see Grant festing..

"Ah Grant! good I'm hungry!"
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Val wakes up.

"Thanks for waking me"

Val gets up and walks outside with the elf, looks out to the water and glances at Trollsbane.

"Yes, my one and only home... I am Val"

Val looks as the boat turns in the opposite direction of trollsbane. Val's eyes are filled with shocked and looks at the elf.

"Dammit! We have to do something"
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Ereaes looks at the island dissapearing from view and says "We best take control of the ship and take it to TrollsBane if your up to it." Ereaes smiles to Val and says "By the way i am Ereaes"
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Smiles at Ereaes

"I like the way you think elf"

Val tights the grip on a concealed dagger. Motions the elf to come.

To the captain
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Ereaes and Val walk up to the captain's cabin, Ereaes clutching somthing in his bag. They come to the captain's cabin and Ereaes says. "you must turn the boat around and take us to TrollsBane immediatly!" The captain responds "That is not our destination."
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Val pushes the dagger to the captains back and whispers in his ear

"Then where are we going?"

The captain chuckled at Val, so Val pushed with more force and the captain's smile turned into a stern look

"I tricked ya, you paid and now ya got no place to go."

"So you like tricks eh?

Val kept the dagger in firm position and then drew another and killed the captain. In his dying breath he shouted for the gaurds. About 10 gaurds rushed out and approached. Val drew his sword and nodded Ereaes. He took the wheel and swung the ship around.

"I'll control the boat, hope you can handle them"
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

"No problem!" Ereaes pulled out a sword out of his bag and charged at the guards. The first two were surprised at the speed of the elf, yet that was all Ereaes needed. He jumped down on them with such force that both fell back hitting the guard behind them. Three guards from both the left and the right charged at Ereaes. He yelled at the top of his lungs "May Deies give me strength!" Ereaes killed one guard from each side with one swoop of his sword. He then threw one of the guards to Val and pulled a dagger out of his pocket and threw it into the chest of of one of the guards on the right side. With two guards incapcicatiated, three dead, one throne to Val, that only left four. A dagger flew past Ereaes's head and killed a guard Ereaes looked back to see Val smile and then keep steering the boat.