Imporant News / Wichtige Neuigkeiten

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Keikan Hiru

Imporant News / Wichtige Neuigkeiten

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Please read the News !

Bitte lest die News !

News wrote:Due to the continued powergaming of several characters and the massive abuse of a temporal system weakness that allowed the multiplication of objects (i.e.gold bars) and the maximising of skills (bugusing), we will do a complete Charwipe on the 01.04.04 at 0 o'clock server time. Because of many player-complaints concerning the niveau of roleplay, we will use this possibility to delete all accounts. The tests for giving out new accounts will then follow much harder methods. Every single player will then be invited for at least three roleplay-test-sessions on a chat-based system.
News wrote:Aufgrund fortgesetzten Powergamings einiger Charaktere sowie der massiven Ausnutzung einer temporären Systemschwäche, die das Multiplizieren von Objekten (z.B.Goldbarren) sowie das maximieren von Skills (Bugusing) ermöglichte, wird am 01.04.04 um 0 Uhr Serverzeit ein totaler Charwipe durchgeführt. Aufgrund vermehrter Beschwerden von Seiten vieler Spieler, die das Niveau des Rollenspiels bemängelten, nutzen wir diese Möglichkeit und Löschen alle Accounts. Neue Accounts werden dann mit verschärften Kriterien verteilt. Jeder einzelne Spieler wird dann zu mindestens drei chat-basierten Rollenspielsitzung eingeladen.
Eric of Lindisfarne

Post by Eric of Lindisfarne »

That's typical for you, Keikan. There are only very few powergamer in this game and now punishment comes over everyone. I have made my char grandmaster in more then eight skills during the last months and now I will stand there like a fool. Blame you.
Alora Ironforge
Location: Bashing Away At Galim's Depot...Damn Dwarven locks...

Post by Alora Ironforge »

Ooooh nooo

:?:

Alora
Zarah

Post by Zarah »

Keikan would "never" do that on such a serious topic :lol:
martin

Post by martin »

Eric of Lindisfarne wrote:That's typical for you, Keikan. There are only very few powergamer in this game and now punishment comes over everyone. I have made my char grandmaster in more then eight skills during the last months and now I will stand there like a fool. Blame you.
There was no chance to find out who exactly used this specific bug and who didn't. To demonstrate the effect of that for one example, look at this staticstic plot:

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9525060/112.gif

I think this says everything.

Martin
Christiana

Post by Christiana »

ich wars nicht, ich hab keine goldbarren *gg* dürfte noch etwas unter 2000 goldbarren haben... äh gehabt haben ;-)
Eshrain

Post by Eshrain »

Oh, no! Don´t do that! I just started to play this game and i really like it. Where is the new account request? Where will this chat be? I don´t have mirc do i have to download it?
Last edited by Eshrain on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Can you know telling me that a year of my life is getting flushed down the shit hole! Can't you just look for people with more gold ingots than they could possibly have. You can't just delete every character, and what about these new tests? Will the older players who have prooved themselves be able to bi-pass them? Not everyone has access to IRC you know.
Falk vom Wald

Post by Falk vom Wald »

We've got rid of them, that's all!
Damien

Post by Damien »

Yes. In fact, we don't really care, since all gained objects and such are nothing but a "platform extension" for the real roleplaying. And since it would need MONTHS of work, for all staff members, to check all these sixty thousand character files, and i am sure you all DO want a new client in the closer future, the choice was simple.
I myself just get mad when i work hours ingame to collect about five to ten gold ingots, and then see a total newbie throwing them around for fun.
Carahawen

Post by Carahawen »

I just can agree to this, you're totally right and I appreciate this charwipe. :D Down with the Powergamer!
And the new account regulation system is extra-class. ;)
Algoran

Post by Algoran »

there are a lot of nervous people ingame.

I think it's a great idea. I also think that just before the wipe, the way things are done ingame should be changed radically. So that NO ONE will have the slightest idea how to mine, cast spells, farm or make anything. This way we can have an honest debate on how hard it is to get started rather than hearing how easy it is from all the old Grandmaster players.

I'd also like to remind some people here that they have constantly said skills are nothing to do with the game and people should just learn to roleplay better. I hope a wipe would effect these people at all :twisted: .
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Damn damn damn

for what i have made such a lot ignots?

shit

I´m against it !!

please tell me at last how many onlineminutes i have pleeeaaasss

the only i know and it was at Bror´s time, that i was over 1k hrs

please tell it me
GMcFly

Post by GMcFly »

i hope we become a new board too
i need a newone
Dhalsim

Post by Dhalsim »

Charwipe?

Ihr dödelt doch.
Wat is mit all den Gebäuden, vor allem unserem Druidenhaus?
Das ist noch nicht mal fertig abbezahlt.

Oh ihr Götter (ach ich bin schon wieder ingame) :)

Naja, obwohl, wird mal Zeit für was ganz neues, von Anfang an.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

If this is a joke it's a bad one

If it's true, damn....

And that graph doesn't look right. 20k ingots means around 1/3 of an ingot per character.

And I understand it's hard enough to process E-mails. I doubt the GMs can process 3 chat sessions. This is obviously a joke. It must be. I mean, it's April fools..
Last edited by Dónal Mason on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gortrek

Post by Gortrek »

I think the decision if the GMs is right, because as many people say, skills are not only good for good rp, and why do ya need 8 skills or more?
And, as someone said, noobs throwing around his ingots showed that there are always some who play Illarion for the same thing as many browsergames stand for: to be one of the Top10(richest,strongest, best,multi skills....) Players of Illarion.

My question is to the GMs: will be there some new items, skills, monsters or so at the restart, too?

EDIT: Liebe GM's @. @. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Beinnahe häts ich......
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

If this character wipe is the best for Illarion, then so be it. They're making a good decision, before it turns into a RuneScape twin.

The only concern I have, is if people will be stealing popular names/characters after everything is done. I would hate for a newbie or some other to steal character names like Darlok, Damien, Alatar, etc.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Keikan said on an earlier post, that the rightful name holders will be able to snatch their names if they submit their passwords.

Yours, hoping that we can start fast with new accounts,
Brendan Mason
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Brendan Mason wrote:Keikan said on an earlier post, that the rightful name holders will be able to snatch their names if they submit their passwords.

Yours, hoping that we can start fast with new accounts,
Brendan Mason
It's pretty, a new accountsystem, clever one, unlike the one my mother pulled on me before school.

"You have no school today."
"Yes, I do."
"No. Really, you don't."
"YES, I DO."
"Honestly, you don't!"
"I do, so give me a reason why it shouldn't be?"
"..."

Ack. I'm becoming a spammer.

For all we know, Keiken and the other guys could be having one hell of a laugh watching us. :wink:

Or it could be true, and I'll get threatened for my posting.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I am afraid , I cannot guarantee that you keep your names.

But hey, if the next "Brendan" is played good (or better), who cares?

There is only one slim chance for you, wait till 0 o'clock server time, and re-create your chars as fast as possible.
I cant check upon passwords after midnight, since we delete the whole database.
These little char-losses since some weeks where only the top if the iceberg.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Is server time gmt +1 hour?
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Should be right, the server is located somewhere in germany.
(Dont ask me where.)
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

You are wrong, I cannot edit posts here.
I am only Mod on Account, RPG and Guild.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

But hey, if the next "Brendan" is played good (or better), who cares?
Such a notions is far-fetched. The next Brendan will have the original Brendan waiting to rip his still beating heart from his body.

Yours, enjoying the joke in terrible taste,
Brendan 2.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Then, how did Brendan's post change?
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

The question is how are we going to rp this? Do we continue like we normally would, or do we start a new, no one knows each other, and how do we reapply for our accounts? The gm's were bogged down with emails at our steady trickle of new players, so what chance do you have with every player sending in emails.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

And Bloodhearte's second pst on page 2 was changed too. I can tell from 'accountsystem'. That's the way Germans say things sometimes.
martin

Post by martin »

My suggestion is that every character starts from zero (meaning: no knowledge of the lost world).
We wanted to reserve the old names for the players who entered a valid e-mail adress but unfortunately Shi'voc destroyed some part of the DB while checking the duped items (and who possessed them). We're currently working on that issue, but probably names are *LOST*. You will need to apply for a new account and create new characters. Sorry for that.

Martin
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Uhm i cant see any changes

maybe is a reset really better

test
and here you can read how often i edit the post
Last edited by Sirius on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.