I perpose the use of potions on other peple. - bror read thi

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Silversmith

I perpose the use of potions on other peple. - bror read thi

Post by Silversmith »

Or mana if you are a druid and do not need mana to function and people around you have to pick it up and use it.  Manyly the fact that we have a yellow potion ment to do damage to a person but you can not use it on a person for any time you try, they use it on themselves.  And, could you tell me what the rings are used for like diamond and black.  I hear referances to the ruby ring boosting strength, if all rings are stat boosters then what do the diamond and others do.  there is no real way to tell form the ring them selves.
Silversmith

I perpose the use of potions on other peple.

Post by Silversmith »

i ment mana potion at the begining.
Dax

Post by Dax »

Hmm I remeber them potions that hurt..

<winces at the memory> and Just guess who tricked me into trying to use it on them! Well The potions to harm are fine.. but do they have to hurt so much? I made my character with alot of constitution but that potion must be strait poison.. kills me instantly. Don't you think that is alittle TOO powerful?
Also on this note, I don't get hit often, but when I do it hurts ALOT.. usually one or two hits.
Well that might be realistic, but is that good for a game? If the object is to not get hit whats the point of healing potions aside from when you fight somethig thats easy and isn't worth killing anyhow.
How about giving the characters alittle more leeway on the life thing? You can't even fight eachother.. either no one EVER hits.. or first one to click wins..
Don't forget to beef up the Monsters if you beef up the characters.. I must have a challenge!

Now since that was all said I'd like to talk about shields.... Well I was dueling a friend and for 5 minutes not a single hit. So we tried without shields and first hit killed. Whats up with this? Is a shield the only protection when in battle? I think not. If parry skill is based on having a shield than I think that should be reconsidered. It's just as easy to parry a blow with your blade. Also how about a dodge skill? This way we wouldn't have to have a shield "for those who use bows and such" It would solve some problems. If your very good in dodge and dont die on the first dagum hit someone with a bow could possibly hunt on thier own.. You see they dodge alot of blows and use potions or spells to heal when lower on life..

Boooo to shields
They shouldn't be the only armor that matters. Try using a shield, fighting with your hands and being totally neckade otherwise. "you will see you are still unhittable"
Bror

Post by Bror »

The poison kills only instantly, if you are in bad health, when you drink it.
The shield is so powerful, because your parry skill rises, but there is no skill like "wearing armor", so this factor is not increasing.
Blades are already capable of parrying.
Dax

Post by Dax »

Ok well, if swords do parry, than shields must make up Alot of the armor.. hmm I think im going to run a few experiemnts trying to fight easy flies, and zombies without a shield. My parry is maxed and I will keep all armor aside from shield on, then I will take all armor off and use only shield no sword. Ill post my findings.

I suspect that "my opinion" the shield may be far to powerful of an armor item.. and the other armor far to weak. Maybe a blance should be made.. maybe it already has, I suppose I'll find out soon enough after work.
Secondly what about a dodge skill for those "such as magicians or archers" that don't wish to carry full plate and shield and such?
Silversmith

Post by Silversmith »

I am sorry to say this.... BUT THE TPOIC HAS STRAYED FROM ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE.  TO USE POTIONS ON OTHERS!