Some new Graphics

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

apro pro Silber, dazu müsste man erstmal Silber schürfen können.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Aldanos, there is only so much one can notice about their work.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Apon further inspection while not being half-asleep, I noticed my ring looked like a rather large peice of crap. Feeling I had done myself injustice, I retextured and remodelled the ring. Hope it looks somewhat Illarion-worthy. :) Oh yeah, zerbus try using shaders instead of accuall pictures, they blend and blur evenly.

Zerbus

Post by Zerbus »

i like yours - it is really good... it could be slightly sharper though... and mine... well... i guess i will give it another try ;-)

what programme are you usning by the way?
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

I like the silver one too, however I think that it could look better if the lower part of the ring was slightly thicker, or then heavily shadowed.
Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

I like grobul's best, but I am curious that if they are put in illarion, how would you think they be made? What raw materials? I am just imagining if the rings do succeed to be in illa.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

well with that ring you would need a diamond, 2 rubies, and a gold nugget?
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Grobul, just one thing. Your ring seems to be just slightly off angle. Just fix that and I think its pretty good.
martin

Post by martin »

Forget it.
I don't know how often I have to write this:
We changed the graphics format.
The rings look aweful, we changed the way rings look as well.
You don't know about that, therefore you can NEVER create anything that looks good and will be used, UNLESS you are someone creating a lot of GOOD graphics usable for illarion.
Don't expect us to use this, as it does not look good.

Martin
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Martin, heres a problem I have.

You have a graphic board

People submit graphics

You say theres new graphics, and those don't help

so.......why dont you show them to us, so we CAN help, instead of whining about how we cant?
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Wouldnt that spoil the suprise and fun?

Maybe you should just accept that you currently cant send in some custome made grafics, until you see the new one in action?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Maybe you should accept that a graphics board serves no purpose until the new set is in action, as it were.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I should say I am quite glad of this, gold looking like copper isn't very appealing. I think my ring is too blurry, sharpening would be better. Can't wait.
Cuderon

Post by Cuderon »

Is there still any sense in to the graphic board? People that know how the new graphics look have got to know martins email-addy for sure. The rest of us have rather technical problems (yep, I do have these blue lines at the left edge of a graphic).

So what is the purpose of it? Why don´t you get rid of it?
Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

Forget it.
I don't know how often I have to write this:
We changed the graphics format.
The rings look aweful, we changed the way rings look as well.
You don't know about that, therefore you can NEVER create anything that looks good and will be used, UNLESS you are someone creating a lot of GOOD graphics usable for illarion.
Don't expect us to use this, as it does not look good
@ martin
just complaining is not the answer, as you can see, they have pretty good skill in graphics, why not point them in the right way? They cannot just predict what you want can they? no they can't
martin

Post by martin »

Maktan Hardtooth. wrote: as you can see, they have pretty good skill in graphics, why not point them in the right way? They cannot just predict what you want can they? no they can't
I disagree that they have "pretty good skills". In fact, to be honest, I don't notice anything like that.
I have not the time to point them in the right way; if there's someone submitting new graphics which actually look good, I would show him things to do for me in some way.
But all I see are the most simple graphics made in an awefull manner. How could one expect serious help comming from such people? Don't get me wrong -- I am honest, please don't be angry at me for being so direct.

Obviously, most people don't even look at the graphics-FAQ. How could I expect serious help from such people?
I can't.
Only a very few managed to help seriously. And you know what? They learned most things not by posting terrible, simple graphics here, but by trying to follow tutorials and ask me *specific* questions.

Martin
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

martin, you don't gain any support by discouraging people with good motives,

If you don't have the time for such things, close your board and do your work as YOU see fit, alone. Obviously its better then to see graphics turned down every other hour because you don't have time other then to type "no, it doesent match the new graphics" which 95% of us havent seen, anyways.

Theres no logic in this, either make time, or take the board away
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

Direct is not the word. Direct is just slapping down a list of the problems. And you have no time ot quickly look at the picture, notcie teh erros and list them. Yet you can get a screen shot of Illarion, edit the graphics in, then post that. The first way seems quicker to me.
martin

Post by martin »

Look, someone who is too stupid to read the FAQ, who lacks skills in using 2d-programs (which are a WAY easier to handle than 3d-programs!) will not manage to produce usable output.
The thing is:
1) EASY graphics are not needed anyway, because naturally we can do easy graphics ourselves easily and fast. Plus they look better AND fit to the other graphics.
2) You lack understanding of everything if you ask for a list of errors. I can give you one: "A) The whole graphic".
It does not fit in size, perspective, style and color, which effectively means that NOTHING of it is right.
3) For those who were not able to comprehend my first posting:
It's about seeing whether or not someone is skilled in using graphic programs. But since noone understands it, this forum will be closed. I have not enough time nor patience to moderate it and in all the years it existed, it never helped to get one single new graphic. This is what I call a full success.

Martin
Valdonyr Alkidor

Post by Valdonyr Alkidor »

The Returner wrote: "no, it doesent match the new graphics" which 95% of us havent seen, anyways.
what new graphics?
are there going to be new graphics in illarion soon?

Val
Zarah

dress

Post by Zarah »

double post
Last edited by Zarah on Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

I agree with you martin on the things you just stated. But you use all that time to humiliate a person. Wouldn't it be easier just to not reply, "Don't say anything i fyou don't have anything nice to say" We should just delete this board.
martin

Post by martin »

Deies wrote: "Don't say anything i fyou don't have anything nice to say"
It's not about nice or not, it's about truth.
BTW: If the truth isn't nice, you should nevertheless tell it.

Martin
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

So Martin,

How much do you make doing graphics?
Gerard Hugh

Post by Gerard Hugh »

wow, i cant believe this forum is still going on for so long, oh well....
...enjoy
Armil Darken

Post by Armil Darken »

As long as people are willing to complain. I really have a lot of respect for martin. He does so much for the game. and yet all you people still complain and B**** over and over. Those that do submit graphics correctly and put effort into them know that they probably wont be used. Personally I am in a way showing off potential for helping in the next release. And providing short term solutions for small problems in the game.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

Considering my boots in Illarion are as big as my character model... I do not complain about these graphics made by other people. :D

Charge!!
Armil Darken

Post by Armil Darken »

Heh. Clever, now i see why people hate the paperdoll system without extra graphics for the character sprite. and thats pretty funny anyways. But. I dunno.
Kasume

Post by Kasume »

My rings are also as big as my head... :?

Hah, and yeah seeing the items on my character would be nice, but you have to appreciate what you have now. Which I do. Yet Martin looks for such good graphics and such... Check it out! ^^^
Val De Gausse

Post by Val De Gausse »

As long as people are willing to complain. I really have a lot of respect for martin. He does so much for the game. and yet all you people still complain and B**** over and over. Those that do submit graphics correctly and put effort into them know that they probably wont be used. Personally I am in a way showing off potential for helping in the next release. And providing short term solutions for small problems in the game.
I don't complan because I think he is doing a bad job, which I think he is doing good, but I don't like the way he handles things.