RL Meeting (US)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zahra Fiarai

RL Meeting (US)

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

This has been discussed before but the topic well... kind of died. Im being stubborn and posting this on the General board because I want everyone to see it.
Id like to see a RL meeting in the US or Canada for the rest of the people that don't have the funds to make it all the way to Europe. I for one would would love to meet other Illarion players in person. Im sure a lot of people agree.
Even if not all of the North American players are close enough to whatever place is decided on, It doesnt matter all that much as long as there are enough people to fill up the place and have a fun time.
Feedback?
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

I love the idea. I think it would be best though if a location was chosen somewhere in the center of the US. It would be easier for people to make it then.

I would definitely try to make it if the meeting place isn't too far away from where I live. And if it was planned over 40 days from now, which I'm sure it would be (I got my licenses suspended for a bit :S).
Anlan Erson

Post by Anlan Erson »

Do it in Colorado Springs YAY. That way I could make it :D :D

But truthfully it really does depend on the place and timing of the whole shibang. It probable should be in the summer time. That way all those with school or what not could most likely come
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

I like this idea. But the problem is that North America has a huge difference in size compared to Germany. This creates the problem of choosing a suitable location. I think that we should first have a poll to see where everyone lives, then we could choose a suitable location.
Anlan Erson

Post by Anlan Erson »

True, I would say use the time zones to figure it out. Mountian Time(me), Central,Eastern,Pacific

And then after we figure out the largest time zone. We narrow it down by states and so on.(I do love stating the obvious)
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

i would liekt o go, but my parents would think im crazy jsut for asking and ground me
Anlan Erson

Post by Anlan Erson »

Hehehe, My parents would probable think the same. But once I get my DL and get a job :cry: . Then they dont really have a say as Long as I pay for myself. (Thats why I said in the summer because I would have both those things :D )
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Summer would obviously be best for everyone, the only problem is the whole point of having the meeting. In Germany the gm's get together and talk about the game and what they want to do, I don't know of any devs that live in USA or Canada.
Zahra Fiarai

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

A poll sounds like a good idea, but this topic doesnt exactly fit on the RPG or Guild boards (Looks like those are the only 2 boards that support polls, correct me if Im wrong). Must I do it by hand?
Anlan Erson

Post by Anlan Erson »

Those are the only two boards so three things could happen.

1. Ask to have a poll allowed on this board or what not.

2. Make a poll on one of those board (guild would be best) and say that it is for OOC reasons and what not.

3. Get every body to post or send you a pm of where they are :( :evil:

And to Grobul the point is to meet your fellow players.
Galdriel

Post by Galdriel »

I placed a Poll for you.
Zahra Fiarai

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

Thank you Galdriel. ;)
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Being in England RL meetings so far are a troublesome thing. I would truly love to go to one. Meet the players get to know alittle about them and why they play Illarion. Not to mention have an alround laugh and good time. Trouble is there are not many English players so an English RL meeting would have say maybe 4 people turn up so that aint gona work. German RL meetings... they are close enough for practical travel but... I dont speak German. US RL meeting.. now maybe, just maybe if it was east side, and what with cheap flights and my personal want to go to the USA for variouse reasons I might make a guest apperance. *Grins*
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

just have one on isle of wight. never been there anyway
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I'd only go if it was in winnipeg...which it probably won't be...lol...
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

And here I am...stuck on this floating prison :roll:
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I almost guarentee I can't go unless its like, in my backyard. :D which it can be, by the way.
John Laffing

Post by John Laffing »

Paul, maybe I could bring you there...if it was close enough, like New York City.
Zahra Fiarai

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

Looks to me like it'll end up being in ND, SE, NE, MN, IA, KS, MO, WI, or IL.
I suggest making it some time in the summer. That way its a lot more convenient (especially for those who have school) to take some time away from their work to attend. It would also give people a bit of time to save up for the trip.
If you go to www.greyhound.com you can get an idea of how much the trip itself costs (When we decide on a location that is). Bus is a fairly cheap way to travel.
Ill more than likely be at the meeting. I know I'd kick myself afterwards if I didnt go, so I will. ;)
John Laffing

Post by John Laffing »

Or my dad can send you there...if you don't mind traveling at 100 miles per hour swerving between lanes and racing on the highway... :lol:
Meralgor

Post by Meralgor »

Hopefully its in Illinios so i can go.
Raigeki

Post by Raigeki »

Well I live in central Florida I voted on the poll already...but I would have a hard time asking Parents, but next year my brother can drive me :) . I also feel as if it would be wierd to have a bunch of kids (I know their are adults...but come on please tell me tehir is a higher number of kids playing this game) at a convention :oops: . It makes me a bit embarassed to go if their is only goning to be 15+ kids their and I am the only 13 1/2 year old :lol: . I want lots of kids to go their so I can meet with all my Illarion friends that I might make in the game :) . I am polish so Germany is not far away...I go to Poland almost every summer :)...Maybe the convention will have some cool Illarion T-Shirts or accesories :) . OK to many smilies :) yup now it almost looks like the little dipper..just messed up a little. But this is going to be wierd asking my parents HAHHA .

(TRYING TO MAKE ILLARION FRIENDS!!!!! MSG ME ON AIM AxSeS Mario OR PM ME)
John Laffing

Post by John Laffing »

Don't worry, Paul and I are only 13 and a 1/2 as well.