Update 13th December 2016 / Update 13. Dezember 2016

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Update 13th December 2016 / Update 13. Dezember 2016

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Nothing changend? :mrgreen:

/E: I only had a short look at the new system but my first impression is a positive one. I think splitting the cooking and baking-skill was overdue (even as somebody who's Char benefited from this) and is a good change to increase diversity/variety of the crafts.
About the weapon/armour-changes I only can praise the new items as they make the fight-system more complex. I may not judge how far this effect fights, this is a point open to the others. ^^

Thanks to everybody who worked at this update, it feels as a big step in the right direction, since a milestone was (nearly?) finished.
Last edited by Katharina Brightrim on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

I love you guys. <3
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Wow! I love this! Not only have you forced us to make some tough choices in which skills we want to keep or transfer, but you've made the new skills exciting to learn again and compliment the old skills better. The crafting formulas include more components and they make sense! All the new items are a great addition as well as some of the new tools in the towns!

It's almost like learning these skills for the first time. Awesomeness.....

Good work everybody!!
:D :D :D
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Katharina Ross wrote:I think splitting the cooking and baking-skill was overdue (even as somebody who's Char benefited from this) and is a good change to increase diversity/variety of the crafts.
But cooking and baking were not split :P Only brewing has become an own skill.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Jupiter wrote:
Katharina Ross wrote:I think splitting the cooking and baking-skill was overdue (even as somebody who's Char benefited from this) and is a good change to increase diversity/variety of the crafts.
I don't like that bread is removed and potato bread is added. There is huge different in profit. Before my char could earn 2,50 in hour now I suppose it's about 1 gold. Potato bread needs much more ingredients and profit is too low. I have rent to pay, so all money is always needed.
This is minus.

Plus is in blacksmith/armourer. This skill really needed to be split I would even split it more to Toolmaker/Weaponmaker/Armourer.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Nothing changed in alchemy? I saw new kind of bottles for bombs and cans for salves? Just to be sure, glasblower can't make these bomb bottles?
Furtermore I noticed new type of mushrooms. It seems the book of alchemy was not changed, are the mushrooms for brewing?
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Jupiter wrote:
Räuchern ist doch jetzt z.b. ein Extra-Skill oder nicht? Bzw ein anderer als Kochen und Backen. Hab es mir noch nicht soo genau angesehen.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I really like the sound of the update, can't wait to jump in :D
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

nathi wrote:Nothing changed in alchemy? I saw new kind of bottles for bombs and cans for salves? Just to be sure, glasblower can't make these bomb bottles?
Furtermore I noticed new type of mushrooms. It seems the book of alchemy was not changed, are the mushrooms for brewing?
I'm also interested in this inquiry
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Receipts have improved as far as i can say, but a few still dont fit:

For example golden guardboots (vergoldete Wächterstiefel medium 80) dont need gold.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Mephistopheles wrote:
nathi wrote:Nothing changed in alchemy? I saw new kind of bottles for bombs and cans for salves? Just to be sure, glasblower can't make these bomb bottles?
I'm also interested in this inquiry
No changes to alchemy.

The bomb bottles will replace the normal potion bottles for bombs at one point. I am not sure why they aren't craftable (maybe I told Estralis to take them out until they have an use in alchemy. I am not sure). The salve jars will be use for salves when we have them. Both are changes that won't happen anytime soon, though.

What mushrooms are you referring to? What is their id? You can check the id by saying !what while you face the item.

Edit: Update on the alchemy bombs: They belong to the pottery skill not glass blowing and they are craftable.
Athlon

Post by Athlon »

Das Gesamtpacket an sich gesehen ..... Hut ab und tiefe Verbeugung :) absolut Daumen hoch .

Das das Anfertigen von zB. Barren und Brettern wieder deutlich Klickaufwendiger geworden ist ,
gefällt mir allerdings wieder gar nicht .
Warum die gute Automatik ändern . Wenn das System schon weiß 70 Kohle und 70 Eisenerz in der Tasche werden 70 Barren , warum muss ich das dem System jetzt durch Eingabe einer Zahl
erst wieder sagen .
Genauso warum muss ich dem System sagen das wenn ich 70 Kohle und 70 Eisenerz in der Tasche habe das ich auch Eisenbarren und keine Goldbarren haben will , was ja wahrscheinlich eh nicht geht .

Ist aus meiner Sicht wieder ein winziger Schritt nach hinten .
Die deutliche Mehrauswahl an Sachen die sich jetzt anfertigen lassen wiederum Spitze , so macht das arbeiten auf den Meistergrad wieder deutlich mehr Spass .
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Dear all,

here is a collection of answers to points raised. Keep up the flow of feedback! It really helps us to improve the game and plan the next steps!
  • Skill changes: The skill changes are triggered once you "use" the corresponding skills for the first time. So upon using the hammer, you get the prompt to decide for blacksmithing or armourer.
  • Gilded armour pieces: All gilded armour pieces will require gold with next update.
  • Wax: To get wax, you need to process honey combs at a press.
  • Trading with Frobenius and Krudash: The problem only occurs with German account settings. As temporary measure, you can set your client to English. See: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11452
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Ist es regelkonform als eine Gruppe, bei welcher wenige Charaktere Ausrüstung für viele lagern, den Itemtausch auf mehrere Spieler aufzuteilen?

Edit: Weitere Frage: Wie werden benamte/heilige Items behandelt, wenn diese an den Itemtausch gegeben werden?
Last edited by Q-wert on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Will you also refund the cost I'm paying to remove gems from the items that I'm getting swapped?
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Last edited by Sinister on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drugar Stonesmasher

S'rrt wrote:Will you also refund the cost I'm paying to remove gems from the items that I'm getting swapped?

Well, looking at the many items that have massivly gained value just selling them will make more than good for this.
I am still thinking if i go at all for the swapping items, for the same reason.

Not to forget that ungemming those lower level items is pretty cheap.
Also not to forget... with the new Parts you would have ungemmed them anyway

Apart from that i agree with Atlon. The Change to sawing and smelting is a bit awkward, but i suppose a result of standardisation of code.

And yeah... there are traps... never believed i would see those again!
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I understand what you're saying Drugar and I would totally agree with you IF there wasn't a promise of refund of some kind. If it had been "Sorry, no refunds or swaps" then I'd have no reason to ask. Sure some items have a MUCH lower level now but some items are still nearly 10 gold to unsocket, and from what I can tell the game's economy has been developed in a way that people have fewer ways of making ridiculous amounts of dosh.
Estralis Seborian

Maybe I do not quite understand. All items will keep their inscriptions and gems - they just "magically change". The example of a scimitar being swapped with a long sword would mean that your "sacred scimitar of demon slaying with a level 3 ruby" becomes a "sacred long sword of demon slaying with a level 3 ruby". So there is no refund for removing gems.

Q-wert's question is a little tricky; the swapping is an OOC action, so I guess it is fine that you organise your inventory before swapping. What is, of course, not allowed is to e.g. give items of your char A to your char B to maximise the items you may swap. Or to create new characters to "strip-swap" items or whatever mean idea one could have. Also, refrain from producing items en masse just to get them swapped now to make some money. Keep in mind that the swapping is a semi-manual operation so swapping hundreds of items puts quite a strain on the developers. But we think it is fair that especially special and gemmed items can be swapped so you don't "lose" anything by the update. Mind that you may keep the items that increased their level ;-).
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thank you Estralis, it wasn't clear from the published information that it wouldn't be a complete swap in a sense that you "take out" item A and then "put in" item B. Thus I'll just leave my refundable items gemmed in my belt and make the request. Thanks again.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Jupiter wrote:[
What mushrooms are you referring to? What is their id? You can check the id by saying !what while you face the item.
Item 405, 406, 407
Drugar Stonesmasher

Kann man aus Fell kein Rohleder mehr machen?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

nathi wrote:
Jupiter wrote:[
Item 405, 406, 407
For now they are just renamed map items. I assume they will have a use at one point ingame. I will consider to include them in the alchemy system.
Kann man aus Fell kein Rohleder mehr machen?
Nein.
Drugar Stonesmasher

Hello,

is it possible that two handed weapons have been downgraded? Giant Fireaxe for example.
I have the feeling that single handed weapons like firebroadsword are much more efficient now than the two handed ones.

Maybe its also just the speed or the hitratio...
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Last edited by Sinister on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Sinister wrote:I find myself unable to vendor items such as:
Fur
Entrails
Horn

Probably more as well, but those are the ones I noticed so far. What changed?
I did sell horn, I believe it was at the last food vendor in Galmair.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Sinister wrote:I find myself unable to vendor items such as:
Fur
Entrails
Horn

Probably more as well, but those are the ones I noticed so far. What changed?

If I remember right (at Runewick):

Horn - Wooden goods vendor (Horn counts as an instrument)
Entrails - Cooking stuff/Food vendor or tailoring goods vendor (used in cooking and tailoring as far as I know)

Fur - not sure, tailor vendor?
Lia

Post by Lia »

in Runewick

before the update

Horn - Lothar Piero (wooden things )
Entrails - Timotheus (tailor things )
fur - i think it was Timotheus too

now after the update

Alysa Lorthelia (food things )- Entrails
Alysa Lorthelia (food things ) - Horn
fur i found nowhere
Estralis Seborian

Alysa Lorthelia and Morri trade fur (in the list: right under raw leather!).