80 Lines

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

80 Lines

Post by Vern Kron »

Dear people:

I need help translating an npc. He is an orc. He is fairly intelligent, but still has the accent. He has 80 lines of text. If you are interested in helping this orc become a reality, please send me a message. Thank you.

===============

Ich brauche Hilfe Übersetzen eines NPC. Er ist ein Ork . Er ist ziemlich intelligent, aber immer noch den Akzent . Er hat 80 Zeilen Text. Wenn Sie interessiert sind zu helfen diesen Ork Wirklichkeit geworden sind , schicken Sie mir bitte eine Nachricht . Vielen Dank.

((google translate))
Ranwyln

Re: 80 Lines

Post by Ranwyln »

just send a part of the translation needed to be done as pm (or the complete one) or do it as online document where other people can make changes too so you will the best possible translation :)

will try to do it before christmas...:)

cheers PO Ranwyln
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

as Ranwyln said ....

1. option:
online text

2. option:
forum

3. option
pm

--> will try to translate it before christmas too
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Following the suggestions given, I have taken the text and broken it into segments to be translated. If need be, I can throw it into an online translator first in regular english. If you are wanting to work on a section, please post which of the four blocks listed you are working on. (1,2,3, or 4) that way we do not double up efforts.

Thank you so, so much.

Code: Select all

"This NPC is Boumaug Firesmash the Patrol Guard."

"Nub touch me!"

"#me scratches his head, brow furrowed in confusion."

"Hurr! New one... bit small. Yous here for first task?", 

"You! Da Don needs some tasks done, on da double!"

"Dismissed.", "Best of luck.", "Move out!"

May da fire burn in yous belly!", 

"Keep da eyes out!

I am the patrol guard, Boumaug Firesmash, da fire orc! Not blood orc!

Da fire orcs worship Bragon, in da north of da mainland. We avoid da blood rage. Control. Hold da fire, not be da fire."

Not blood orc! Blood orcs, dey get mad. When dey mad, dey do not think. Dey do not know fire burns. Dey do not know Bragon."

"You don't work for da Don, you don't work for meh!"

"Patrol your own borders, silly robe."

"Yous wanderer! Yous come work for da Don, after you move to Galmair!" 

"Yous not been here much. Yous need to know da rules. Go to da statues, infront of da Crest, Don's house. Big building in da mountain. Read da rules. Know da rules."

Good, yous can read! Now you won't do bad! Time for real work!

How yous know what to do, if yous do not read? Go to da Crest, look at statues.

#me nods sternly, 'First, joo go check da notary down da road and up da stairs, da south gate by Gavin, and den da Don! Come back when done!

As a Galmair Guard

Da Don good? Yous do good. Here is snack, before yous go out again!

Hurry! Go to da notary, south gate, and den check on da Don in da Crest!

See small hole in gate? Yous should fix it! Bring me twenty stone blocks!

Oops! Forgot da chisel! Good work. The walls help stop bad things from sneaking in!"

Twenty stone blocks for da south wall. If you need help, look in da market!"

Yous are going out now! Go check da harbour to da north, da Black Bridge, and da honey houses far to da east, in da Plains of Nargun!"

Bad rats? Bah, they cause trouble again. I will tell da Don. Yous do good! Here, my spare helmet! One of us!"

Da harbour is to da north, through da tunnel! From da harbour, go south and follow da path through da swamp, to da bridge. Da Blackbridge! Den go far east from across da bridge in da Plains of Nargun, to da honey. Den west and back here!"

"Now you sneak! Go see the Hemp Necktie Inn, and peek on the Queen of Cadomyr in her palace, and the Archmage's island in Runewick!"

Good! Yous made it! While you were gone, I got you new boots!"

Remember, yous go see the Hemp Necktie Inn, da Queen's Palace, and da island da Archmage lives in."

Now we needs grey cloth. Need new covering for Irmorom temple, in da west of town. Go get 20 grey cloth and bring it to me."

Good job, recruit! You did good deed for the Don and Galmair. Dis hammer means you a defender of Galmair.

Irmorom is da god of da crafts and dwarves, a big deal in Galmair! We needs to make sure da craftsmen do good work!

Da Don has new request! Bring me a rapier, and a bottle of elven wine. Small bottle. Yellow. Not big red bottle. Da Don very particular.

This shield bears the crest of Galmair. -description no accent

Da Don needs a rapier and a small bottle of yellow elven wine. Bring them back to me so I can inspect them.

Yous bring big money to town! Yous bring big money to yous! Da fire burns in your belly! No more work for yous! 

"I am da patrol guard! Da Don likes orcs for his muscle."

Gobiath was tiny island in ocean. Dis is Illarion! Da Don welcomes da islanders!

Good name. Bet yous real famous huh?

I set up da patrols! Dat helps keep da town and da Don safe! ((patrols))

Yous want to become guard? I have lots of work for yous!  ((guard))

Gates keep da people who want to hurt us, out. Strong gates, strong town.  ((gates))

Bre good lass, even if she is stumpy. Sometimes, I wonder if she likes mes. 

Ah, da lead robe man of Runewick. Robes don't fit me.

Da robe town of Illarion. Big talks, small bodies.

Da Don is da big boss! He may be small and old, but he is tough and smart!

Da Queen, she is ok I guess. But have you seen Bre? Unbelievable!

Cadomyr da desert place. Sometimes dey take brothers as slaves. This is not good.

Da angry human clan. Our clans fought long ago, and the result... well. It was a draw, I'd say.

A tough place, but good to find work. Sometimes messy work. Da Don is from there.

"Salkamar very clean, good place. Not many orcs. Not very welcome. 

Da god I follow is Bragon, but the younger ones are good too!"

english, "Adron" -> "He is da party god! All about da fun!"

english, "Bragon", "Brágon" -> "Da fire god! Brought life to da orcs, and brought da fire to our bellies! Hurr!"

english, "Cherga" -> "Goddess of da dead. I'm not one, so I avoid her!"

english, "Elara" -> "Smart goddess. Popular with the robes. Too boring."

english, "Eldan" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

english, "Findari" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

english, "Irmorom" -> "God of crafts and dwarves! Big following in Galmair, and temple in da west of town!"

english, "Malachin", "Malachín" -> "Warrior god, not bad. Good for battles, but not so much Galmair."

english, "Moshran" -> "Blood god! Other father of orcs. Not very nice."

english, "Nargun", "Nargún", "Nargùn" -> "Crazy god. Chance. Popular in Galmair, temple underneath town, in caves underground. Tricky games down there."

english, "Oldra" -> "Some younger god mother. Too dull."

english, "Ronagan" -> "Thief god of Galmair. Popular to pray for protection. Pay respects underground at the altar."

english, "Sirani" -> "Goddess of pretty girls! Did good with Bre, eh?"

english, "Tanora", "Zelphia" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river.."

english, "Ushara" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

english, "Zhambra" -> "God of friends! God of brothers! Good for holding clans together, worshipped in Cadomyr."

"Welcome to Galmair!"

"Da Don likes da orcs! We are his muscle!"

"#me stares off dreamily, 'Der is Gavin, and Bula... and Bre..'"

"#me checks off a list, 'So much more to do..'"

"#me slaps his stomach, 'Fire in da belly!'"

"#me beams a grin, 'I bathe once a month, need it or not!'"

"#me grunts in respect."

"Urh, should go train later."

"Be sure to check da underground!"

"Da Don says da best deals are in Galmair!"
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

a first approach to part1 with some remarks

„Dieser NPC ist Boumaug Firemash, ein patrouillierender Wächter.“

"Nub touch me!"
„Nub mich anfassen!“

"#me scratches his head, brow furrowed in confusion."
„#me kratzt sich den Kopf, die Stirn in Falten legend.“ (( there might be a better translation from others ))

„Dieser NPC ist Boumaug Firemash, ein patrouillierender Wächter.“

"Hurr! New one... bit small. Yous here for first task?", 
„Hurr! Du neu hier seien ...ein wenig schmächtig. Du hier für erste Aufgabe?“

"You! Da Don needs some tasks done, on da double!"
„Du da! Der Don braucht Dich für ein paar Dinge, ….............. (( did not know a translation for on da double!“ )) → (( there might be a better translation from others ))

"Dismissed.", "Best of luck.", "Move out!"
„Wegtreten.“, „Viel Glück.“, „Los geht’s!“

May da fire burn in yous belly!", 
„Möge das Feuer in Deinem Hintern brennen!“

"Keep da eyes out!
„Laß Deine Augen wo sie sind!“
(( there might be a better translation from others ))

I am the patrol guard, Boumaug Firesmash, da fire orc! Not blood orc!
Ich bin der patrouillierende Wächter, Boumag Firemash, ein Feuerork, kein Blutclan Ork!

Da fire orcs worship Bragon, in da north of da mainland. We avoid da blood rage. Control. Hold da fire, not be da fire."
Die Feuerorks im Norden des Festlandes beten Bragon an. Wir vermeiden das Blutclan Gebiet. Kontrolle! Besitze das Feuer, sei es nicht.“

Not blood orc! Blood orcs, dey get mad. When dey mad, dey do not think. Dey do not know fire burns. Dey do not know Bragon."
Kein Blutclan Ork! Blutorks sind verrückt. Wenn sie irre werden, sie nicht nachdenken. Sie nicht wissen das Feuer brennt, Sie nicht kennen Bragon.“

"You don't work for da Don, you don't work for meh!"
„Du nicht arbeiten für den Don, Du nicht arbeiten für mich!“

"Patrol your own borders, silly robe."
Bewache Deine eigenen Grenzen dummer Junge.“

"Yous wanderer! Yous come work for da Don, after you move to Galmair!"
„Du Wanderer! Du kommst zu arbeiten für Don, erst wenn Du Gallmairer bist!“

:arrow: will try to translate more in the next days :wink:
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

will do #3 later this day
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

"I am da patrol guard! Da Don likes orcs for his muscle."

!Ich bin ein Wächter! Der Don bevorzugt Orks wegen ihrer Muskeln!

Gobiath was tiny island in ocean. Dis is Illarion! Da Don welcomes da islanders!

Gobaith war ne kleine Insel im Meer. Das ist Illarion! Der Don heißt euch Insulaner willkommen!

Good name. Bet yous real famous huh?

Toller Name. Ich wette du bist richtig berühmt huh?

I set up da patrols! Dat helps keep da town and da Don safe! ((patrols))

Ich organisiere die Streifen! Wir helfen den Don und die Stadt zu sichern! ((Streife))

Yous want to become guard? I have lots of work for yous! ((guard))

Do möchtest ein Stadtwächter werden? Ich habe ne Menge Arbeit für dich! ((Wächter))

Gates keep da people who want to hurt us, out. Strong gates, strong town. ((gates))

Die Tore halten unsere Feinde draußen. Starke Tore, Starke Stadt. ((Tore))

Bre good lass, even if she is stumpy. Sometimes, I wonder if she likes mes.

Bre ist nen gutes Mädel, auch wenn sie etwas plump ist. Manchmal frag ich mich ob sie mich mag.

Ah, da lead robe man of Runewick. Robes don't fit me.

Ah, der Oberste Kleider Träger von Runewick. Kleider stehen mir nicht.

Da robe town of Illarion. Big talks, small bodies.

Die Kleider Stadt von Illarion. Starkes Gelaber, Schwacher Körper.

Da Don is da big boss! He may be small and old, but he is tough and smart!

Der Don ist der Anführer! Er mag zwar klein und alt sein, aber er ist stark und gewitzt!

Da Queen, she is ok I guess. But have you seen Bre? Unbelievable!

Die Königin ist ganz in Ordnung tippe ich. Aber hast du Bre gesehen? Der Wahnsinn!

Cadomyr da desert place. Sometimes dey take brothers as slaves. This is not good.

Cadomyr die Wüstenstadt. Manchmal nehmen sie meine Brüder als Sklaven. Das ist nicht gut.

Da angry human clan. Our clans fought long ago, and the result... well. It was a draw, I'd say.

Ein zorniger Menschenstamm. Unsere Stämme haben vor langer zeit gegeneinander gekämpft und das Ergebnis...nunja, es war ein unentschieden würde ich sagen.

A tough place, but good to find work. Sometimes messy work. Da Don is from there.

Ein schwieriger Ort, aber gut um Arbeit zu finden. Manchmal schmutzige Arbeit. Der Don kommt dort her.

"Salkamar very clean, good place. Not many orcs. Not very welcome.

"Salkmar ist ein sehr sauberer, Guter Ort. Nicht viele Orks. Wir sind dort nicht sehr willkommen."

((just a first try feel free to add something if you think it fits better))
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

Da god I follow is Bragon, but the younger ones are good too!"

Der Gott den ich anbete ist Bragon, aber die jüngeren sind auch gut!

english, "Adron" -> "He is da party god! All about da fun!"

deutsch, "Adron" ->"Er ist der Gott der Festivitäten! Alles für Wein, Weib und Gesang!"

english, "Bragon", "Brágon" -> "Da fire god! Brought life to da orcs, and brought da fire to our bellies! Hurr!"

deutsch, "Bragon", "Brágon" -> "Der Gott des Feuers! Hat den Orks das Leben eingehaucht und das Feuer in unsere Herzen! Hurr!"

english, "Cherga" -> "Goddess of da dead. I'm not one, so I avoid her!"

deutsch, "Cherga" -> "Göttin der Toten. Ich bin keiner also versuche ich mich fern zu halten!"

english, "Elara" -> "Smart goddess. Popular with the robes. Too boring."

deutsch, "Elaea" -> "Intelligente Göttin. Sehr beliebt bei den Rockträgern. Zu langweilig."

english, "Eldan" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

deutsch, "Eldan" -> "Älterer Gott, Tempel der Fünf in der Ebene der Stille, nordöstlich, im Berg über dem Fluss,"

english, "Findari" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

deutsch, "Findari" -> "Älterer Gott, Tempel der Fünf in der Ebene der Stille, nordöstlich, im Berg über dem Fluss,"

english, "Irmorom" -> "God of crafts and dwarves! Big following in Galmair, and temple in da west of town!"

deutsch, "Irmorom" -> "Gott des Handwerks und der Zwerge! Viele Anhänger in Galmir und ein Tempel westlich der Stadt!"

english, "Malachin", "Malachín" -> "Warrior god, not bad. Good for battles, but not so much Galmair."

deutsch, "Malachin", "Malachín" -> Gott der Krieger. Gut für Kämpfe, aber nicht wirklich Galmairianisch."

english, "Moshran" -> "Blood god! Other father of orcs. Not very nice."

deutsch, "Moshran" -> "Blutgott! Der andere Schöpfer der Orks. Nicht sehr nett."

english, "Nargun", "Nargún", "Nargùn" -> "Crazy god. Chance. Popular in Galmair, temple underneath town, in caves underground. Tricky games down there."

deutsch, "Nargun", "Nargún", "Nargùn" -> "Verrückter Gott. Beliebt in Galmair, ein Tempel in den Höhlen unter der Stadt. Knifflige Spiele da unten."

english, "Oldra" -> "Some younger god mother. Too dull."

deutsch, "Oldra" -> "Eine junge Muttergöttin. Langweilig."

english, "Ronagan" -> "Thief god of Galmair. Popular to pray for protection. Pay respects underground at the altar."

deutsch, "Ronagan" -> "Diebesgott von Galmair, Wird gerne um Schutz angefleht. Am unterirdischen Altar kann man ihm opfern."

english, "Sirani" -> "Goddess of pretty girls! Did good with Bre, eh?"

deutsch, "Sirani" -> Göttin der schönen Frauen! Hat er gut gemacht mit Bre, nicht wahr?"

english, "Tanora", "Zelphia" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river.."

deutsch, "Tanora", "Zelphia" -> "Älterer Gott, Tempel der Fünf in der Ebene der Stille, nordöstlich, im Berg über dem Fluss,"

english, "Ushara" -> "Elder God. Temple of the Five in da Plains of Silence, northeast in mountain, across river."

deutsch, "Ushara" -> "Älterer Gott, Tempel der Fünf in der Ebene der Stille, nordöstlich, im Berg über dem Fluss,"

english, "Zhambra" -> "God of friends! God of brothers! Good for holding clans together, worshipped in Cadomyr."

deutsch, "Zhambra" -> "Gott der Freunschaft! Gott der Brüder! Nützlich um Stämme zusammen zuhalten, wird in Cadomyr angebetet."

"Welcome to Galmair!"

"Willkommen in Galmair!"

"Da Don likes da orcs! We are his muscle!"

"Der Don mag Orks! Wir sind seine Muskeln!"

"#me stares off dreamily, 'Der is Gavin, and Bula... and Bre..'"

"#me schaut verträumt, "Da gibt es Gavin und Bula...und Bre.."

"#me checks off a list, 'So much more to do..'"

"#me hackt etwas von einer Liste ab, 'Noch soviel zu tuen.."

"#me slaps his stomach, 'Fire in da belly!'"

"#me klopft sich auf den Bauch, 'Feuer im Magen!"

"#me beams a grin, 'I bathe once a month, need it or not!'"

"#me grinst, 'Ich bade einmal im Monat, egal ob ich es brauche oder nicht!"

"#me grunts in respect."

"#me grunzt voller Respekt."

"Urh, should go train later."

"Urh, ich sollte später Trainieren gehen."

"Be sure to check da underground!"

"Stell sicher, das du den Untergrund untersuchst!"

"Da Don says da best deals are in Galmair!"

"Der Don sagt, dass man die besten Geschäfte in Galmair machen kann!"

((and again feel free to add or change things))
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

PART 2:

"Yous not been here much. Yous need to know da rules. Go to da statues, infront of da Crest, Don's house. Big building in da mountain. Read da rules. Know da rules."
Du nicht lange hier sein. Du mußt wissen Regeln. Geh´zu den Statuen vor Galmair´s Krone, Dons Haus, großes Haus am Berg. Lies die Regeln, wisse die Regeln.

Good, yous can read! Now you won't do bad! Time for real work!
Gut, Du können lesen. Nun Du nix kannst falsch machen. Zeit für richtige Arbeit!

How yous know what to do, if yous do not read? Go to da Crest, look at statues.
Wie Du willst wissen was zu tun wenn Du nicht gelesen? Gehe zur Krone, betrachte die Statuen.

#me nods sternly, 'First, joo go check da notary down da road and up da stairs, da south gate by Gavin, and den da Don! Come back when done!
#me nickt ernst, „Du kontrollieren Notar, Straße hinunter, Leiter hinauf, das Südtor mit Gavin und dann geh zum Don! Wenn gemacht komm zurück!

As a Galmair Guard
als Wache Galmair´s

Da Don good? Yous do good. Here is snack, before yous go out again!
Der Don gut? Du gut gemacht, hier Essen bevor weitergehen.

Hurry! Go to da notary, south gate, and den check on da Don in da Crest!
Los Beeilung! Geh´ zum Notar, Südtor und zum Don in der Krone!

See small hole in gate? Yous should fix it! Bring me twenty stone blocks!
Siehst Du kleines Loch im Tor? Du mußt es schließen. Bring 20 Steinblöcke zu mir!

Oops! Forgot da chisel! Good work. The walls help stop bad things from sneaking in!"
Oh! Vergiß den Meißel. Gute Arbeit. Die Mauern helfen böse Dinge abzuhalten.

Twenty stone blocks for da south wall. If you need help, look in da market!"
Zwanzig Steinblöcke für den Südwall. Wenn Hilfe brauchen, geh´ zum Markt.

Yous are going out now! Go check da harbour to da north, da Black Bridge, and da honey houses far to da east, in da Plains of Nargun!"
Du jetzt gehen los! Kontrolliere den Hafen im Norden, die schwarze Brücke und das Honighaus fern im Osten, in der Nargunebene.

Bad rats? Bah, they cause trouble again. I will tell da Don. Yous do good! Here, my spare helmet! One of us!"
Blöde Ratten?, Pah, sie machen wieder Schwierigkeiten. Ich sage es dem Don. Du hast gut gemacht. Hier, mein Ersatzhelm. Du, einer von uns!

Da harbour is to da north, through da tunnel! From da harbour, go south and follow da path through da swamp, to da bridge. Da Blackbridge! Den go far east from across da bridge in da Plains of Nargun, to da honey. Den west and back here!"
Der Hafen ist im Norden, durch den Tunnel. Vom Hafen nach Süden, folge dem Weg durch den Sumpf zur Brücke, die Schwarzbrücke! Über die Brücke weit nach Osten zur Nargunebene, zum Honig. Dann nach Westen und zurück zu mir.

"Now you sneak! Go see the Hemp Necktie Inn, and peek on the Queen of Cadomyr in her palace, and the Archmage's island in Runewick!"
Nun Du schleichen. Gehe zum Hempty Neck Inn, dann wirf einen kurzen Blick auf die Königin von Cadomyr in ihrem Palast und dem Erzmagier auf seiner Insel in Runewick!

Good! Yous made it! While you were gone, I got you new boots!"
Gut! Du hast es geschafft. Als Du weg warst habe ich neue Schuhe für Dich besorgt.

Remember, yous go see the Hemp Necktie Inn, da Queen's Palace, and da island da Archmage lives in."
Erinnere Dich, Du aufsuchen Hemp Necktie Inn, den Palast der Königin, die Insel wo der Erzmagier lebt.

Now we needs grey cloth. Need new covering for Irmorom temple, in da west of town. Go get 20 grey cloth and bring it to me."
Jetzt wir brauchen grauen Stoff. Zum Auskleiden des Irmorom Tempels, im Westen der Stadt. Geh, bring 20 Ballen grauen Stoff zu mir.

Good job, recruit! You did good deed for the Don and Galmair. Dis hammer means you a defender of Galmair.
Gute Arbeit Rekrut. Du gute Taten für Don und Galmair getan. Dieser Hammer weist Dich als Verteidiger Galmairs aus.

Irmorom is da god of da crafts and dwarves, a big deal in Galmair! We needs to make sure da craftsmen do good work!
Irmorom ist Gott der Handwerker und Zwerge, ein großes Geschäft in Galmair. Wir sicherstellen müssen das Handwerker gute Arbeit machen.

Da Don has new request! Bring me a rapier, and a bottle of elven wine. Small bottle. Yellow. Not big red bottle. Da Don very particular.
Der Don hat neue Aufgabe! Bring mir ein Rapier und Flasche Elbenwein, kleine Flasche. Gelb, nicht große rote Flasche. Der Don ist da sehr eigen.

This shield bears the crest of Galmair. -description no accent
Dieses Schild trägt die Krone Galmairs.

Da Don needs a rapier and a small bottle of yellow elven wine. Bring them back to me so I can inspect them.
Der Don brauchen ein Rapier und kleine Flasche gelben Elbenwein. Bring zu mir damit ich es ansehen kann.

Yous bring big money to town! Yous bring big money to yous! Da fire burns in your belly! No more work for yous!
Du bringen viel Geld in Stadt. Du bringen viel Geld zu uns. Du haben Feuer im Hintern. Für uns keine Arbeit mehr.

please feel free to correct if necessary or you have a better translation
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

as a side note:

i´m not sure for the translation of

"elder god" --> "älterer Gott"

may be we translate it better

"eine der Fünf" (female)
"einer der Fünf" (male)
:arrow: elder gods --- the Five
* we always use this two terms in the same way
* and i think "älterer Gott" is more connected to "older god" and will not include all aspects of the Five / elder gods
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

To translate "elder gods" as "die Fünf" is simply changing the meaning of what you are talking about. "Elder" and "old" are in this context quite much the same. Therefore, "elder" and "old" should be both translated as "älter".
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Alright, this is super appreciated everyone! Thank you so much!

I did miss a couple things. I still need:

"Yous good friend of da Don. I am glad yous helped us. Thanks you!"

and

"Feel good. Fire Father good, da Don happy, da town safe!"

I think otherwise, the whole of the npc stuff is done! :D

Onward to check the other pieces!
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

"[Quest status] The Notary seems wrapped up in counting coins, but all is well."
"[Quest status] The South Gate stands well."
"[Quest status] The Crest is quiet, aside from the pacing of different workers."

"You hear the sound of pickaxes striking stone echoing up from below."
"[Quest status] The boats rock in the harbour, but the harbour is calm."
"[Quest status] As you cross the Black Bridge, there is a loud hiss as Ratmen attack! Ambush!"
"[Quest status] You hear chanting from up ahead, with rasping voices and the sound of bones clattering."

"[Quest status] You enter the Hemp Necktie Inn. It is rather dull today, but a good atmosphere."
"[Quest status] The Queen's throne room. A place where one should be mindful of her lofty opinion of herself."
"[Quest status] The Archmage seems focused on some unimportant history, and making pointless notes."

This, alongside the previous post, is the very end of the translation for this project. Thank you again. I really, really appreciate it.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Something to the topic of elder gods. As jupiter mentoined to translate is to one of the five would change the meaning. Anyway i would also not translate it with "älterer", since its sounds more like an adjetice not like an honounrable name.

I would propose to translate Elder God with "Einer der alten Götter"(male), it is more clear that the god is one of the old Gods and not just a old god.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

How do these translations work?

"[Quest-Status] Der Notar scheint in Zählen von Münzen eingewickelt, aber alles ist gut. "
"[Quest-status] South Gate steht gut."
"[Quest-Status] Der Kamm ist ruhig, abgesehen von der Stimulation der verschiedenen Arbeiter."

"Sie hören den Klang der Spitzhacken Hauenstein hallte von unten nach oben."
"[Quest-Status] Die Boote schaukeln im Hafen, aber der Hafen ist ruhig."
"[Quest-Status] Wie Sie die Black Bridge überqueren, gibt es ein lautes Zischen, als Rattenmenschen Angriff! Ambush!"
"[Quest-Status] Sie hören Singen von oben voran, mit krächzenden Stimmen und das Geräusch von Knochen Klappern."

"[Quest-Status] Sie geben den Hanf Krawatte Inn. Es ist eher langweilig heute, aber eine gute Atmosphäre."
"[Quest-Status] der Königin Thronsaal. Ein Ort, wo man eingedenk ihrer hohen Meinung von sich selbst sein sollte."
"[Quest-Status] Der Archmage scheint auf einige unbedeutende Geschichte konzentriert, und macht keinen Sinn Noten."

"Fühlen Sie sich gut. Brand Vater gut, da Don glücklich, Da Stadt sicher!"

"Yous guter Freund von da Don. Ich bin froh, yous half uns. Vielen Dank!"
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

"[Quest status] The Notary seems wrapped up in counting coins, but all is well."
Der Notar scheint in das Zählen von Münzen vertieft, sonst ist alles gut.
"[Quest status] The South Gate stands well."
Am Südtor scheint alles in Ordnung.
"[Quest status] The Crest is quiet, aside from the pacing of different workers."
Der Bergkamm ist ruhig abgesehen von den verschiedenen dahinschreitenden Arbeitern.

"You hear the sound of pickaxes striking stone echoing up from below."
Du horst den Klang der Spitzhacken, welche den Stein treffen und das Echo aus dem Tal.
"[Quest status] The boats rock in the harbour, but the harbour is calm."
Die Boote schauklen im Hafen, ansonsten ist der Hafen ruhig.
"[Quest status] As you cross the Black Bridge, there is a loud hiss as Ratmen attack! Ambush!"
Als Du die Schwarzbrücke überquerst ist ein lautes Zischen beim Angriff der Rattenmenschen zu hören. Ein Hinterhalt!
"[Quest status] You hear chanting from up ahead, with rasping voices and the sound of bones clattering."
Du hörst grölen von raspelnden Stimmen und klappernden Knochen von oben.

"[Quest status] You enter the Hemp Necktie Inn. It is rather dull today, but a good atmosphere."
Du betrittst das Hemp Necktie Inn. Es ist langweilig heute, aber eine gute Atmosphäre.
"[Quest status] The Queen's throne room. A place where one should be mindful of her lofty opinion of herself."
Der Thronraum der Königin. Ein Platz an dem man andächtig sein sollte aufgrund ihrer erhabenen Auffassungen oder ihrer selbst.
"[Quest status] The Archmage seems focused on some unimportant history, and making pointless notes."
Der Erzmagier scheint auf einige unbedeutende Geschichtsstellen fokussiert, sich sinnlose Notizen machend.

(( i´m not really happy with the last 3 translations - may be another one find better words ))
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

GolfLima wrote:(( i´m not really happy with the last 3 translations - may be another one find better words ))
I'll try it later.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Du betrittst das Gasthaus zur Hanfschlinge. Es ist ziemlich(/eher) trist heute, doch die Atmosphäre ist gut.

Talking about the queen respectful: Der Thronraum der Königin. Ein Ort an dem man sich ihrer stolzen Meinung von sich selbst bewusst sein sollte.

Talking about the queen disrespectful/disdainfully: Der Thronraum der Königin. Ein Ort an dem man sich ihrer hochmütigen Meinung von sich selbst bewusst sein sollte.

Der Erzmagier scheint sich auf unwichtige Geschichte zu konzentrieren und macht sinnlose Notizen. (I don't like the word-by-word-translation of this sentence, I would prefer the one below)
or:
Der Erzmagier scheint in unwichtige Geschichte vertieft zu sein, zu der er sich sinnlose Aufzeichnungen macht. (this one may be a little more free)