Looking to Change Merchant Values

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Vern Kron

Looking to Change Merchant Values

Post by Vern Kron »

I am here to ask once again that we increase the value of items bought by merchants, because it isn't fun. Glyph forging is a slow and tedious process and takes a lot of time and materials. I am under the belief that potion making is of similar place, although cheaper, is still rather pricey. Warriors generally only need a couple of sets of equipment and then they are set for almost life.

That is all.

Thank you.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Looking to Change Merchant Values

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I was asked to provide some numbers and explainations to this.

With current setting, you can craft items worth 889 cp per second (319 gold per hour). These items are sold at NPCs for 10 % (primary) and 5 % (secondary) of their listed value (32 / 16 gold per hour). Except for very low end items, this calculation holds for all item levels.

While crafting, with each step, you increase the value of an item by the factor of two to three compared to the raw materials. So with two steps (intermediate, final), you end up with a factor of 4-9. To make profit from selling to NPCs by products you produced from raw materials bought from NPCs, you'd need a factor of 10. Raising the prices NPCs pay would enable making profit by buying raw materials from NPCs and selling the products to the NPCs. Is that proposed?
Vern Kron

Re: Looking to Change Merchant Values

Post by Vern Kron »

Hi! I've been doing some thinking.

So, what you are saying above might be technically true if you do not include the time it takes to gather resources. Otherwise, that number goes down significantly.

But other than that, sure.

While I fundamentally disagree to some of the approach to the design in crafting (from the distribution of crafts, to prices, and the influence it has on roleplay), I can understand a desire to let the current balance stand. I disagree with the income statements as too much, but again its totally fine. I can understand why this is not a major concern for the vast majority, because as it currently stands most players actually benefit from it. Keep prices low, as well as the total allowance of class exclusive characters (such as alchemists, glyph forgers, and soon to be priests), as well as fighters, ensures that everyone always has something to do, and a way to benefit each.

If there is other feedback from the community that lends itself towards this discussion, then by all means. As it currently stands though, I can see there are other issues that are a higher priority.