Dual wielding revisited

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Dual wielding revisited

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

I had made a proposal to add dual wielding some time ago, I would like to revisit this.

I propose to add another melee skill:Dual wielding

I think it should be another skill entirely because it is a learned skill, one can learn to fight with both hands but it takes time to hone.

The primary hangup for this was the fact that weapons currently do not show in both hands, this is not easily handled.

There were other arguments against dual wielding due to realism, which I will say is a misconception. Dual wielding is realistic and besides Illarion is a fantasy game :wink: at the very least keep dual wielding as an eventual graphical goal.
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Dual wielding revisited

Post by Brightrim »

+1
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just putting this here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=40274&p=695852&hilit=dual#p695852 If find another will add.

I liked it but can see the problem with paper-dolling. Also how would skill learning be done, then consider gemmed weapons.. would they be doubled? Of course there would be less defense being unable to hold a shield. Some questions would have to be worked out. Is it something that would be high to work on at the moment or possibly something to consider in the future also.

I'm not much interested in the game being realistic. :)
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Great idea just came to mind! Though this just turned into a bigger project :shock:

Skill Dual Wielding would use specific 'Off Hand' weapons. The Off hand weapon should level just like the main hand as they strike.

Off hand weapons will naturally deal less damage, exactly how much will need sufficient testing. This is to balance the overall damage boost when gems are also included.

We would need weapons of each of the three types ie Slashing, Stabbing, and Blunt for each 10th level, we could recycle some graphics or.. hold this project until we can add more graphics.

Off hand weapons are generally smaller, so as not to get in the way of the other weapon. Unless we don't care bout all that :P

Edit: I am aware this may not be currently possible, all I ask is a lil acknowledgement that it's a potential goal for the future :wink:

MORE details :

It should be noted for the sake of balance I think if it's possible for a penalty to parry (the action not the skill), at worst a 10% penalty to parry at 0 skill when wielding an off-hand weapon. This penalty reduces to nothing at skill 100 and the Off-hand weapons should give no defensive bonus, (maybe even a small defensive penalty, I can't propose how as I don't know exactly all the numbers >.>)