Reduce requirement for entry into Bjolmur's Temple/Altar

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Reduce requirement for entry into Bjolmur's Temple/Altar

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

There is a hidden religious place in the game that originally required a single rank 2 gem for entry. For an unexplained reason the requirement was increased to an entire set of rank 2 gems.

I believe this is an unreasonable expectation, as no other religious areas have such an exorbitant requirement, nor is there anything anywhere in the game with such a large requirement especially because the area in question is meant for roleplay and not any sort of ingame monster farming or crafting. In fact the characters most likely interested in this area would likely be outlaws who do not receive monthly gems.

Proposed solution: Simply lower the requirement back to it's original value. One (1) rank 2 (limited) magical gem of no specific color
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Reduce requirement for entry into Bjolmur's Temple/Altar

Post by Brightrim »

Are you talking about the cave where the voice tells you to strip naked? Because as far as I'm aware, that was always a full set of rank 2 gems, not just one.
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Re: Reduce requirement for entry into Bjolmur's Temple/Altar

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Yes, when it was initially released it was a single gem unless my memory fails me, it was changed very soon after the area was announced.

I could be wrong as initially I got a text saying it required a limited gem rather than the pop-up that shows the current requirement.

Regardless if it was lower or not, it's still a ridiculous requirement that seems to show a bias on morality in the game.

Just because something is outside of the "Good" morality box, doesn't mean we should be shunning it out of character and making ridiculous requirements for against the grain characters. I feel an out of character bias against anything that's not "good" aligned has a detrimental effect overall.

Edit: Another idea is, if the requirement is to be so high then why not make it worth it and put a depot and 2 crafting stations up there?