Reduce requirement for Dungeon rewards

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Reduce requirement for Dungeon rewards

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Currently our playbase is not large enough to support a 3-4 player-character requirement to open treasures at the end of difficult dungeons (ie the Dragon Cave)

I Propose to lower this requirement to 2 player characters for these reasons:
~It would encourage players to attempt to go through these dungeons more often, if there are at least two characters then you can expect there to be interaction thus-Roleplay
~The reward of a single giant treasure is adequate, but not for 4 people. There is considerable effort put in, and surely sometimes a group of four is needed to surpass the challenge, however we could perhaps alter loot tables based on character's present but that would be a different proposal entirely!
~We simply don't have enough people playing to warrant such an expectation.
~If two characters can be up to the challenge, then why deny them a reward when they get to the end? Imagine you work so hard on getting your character strong after playing for some time, you and a friend delve into a very hard dungeon and prove victorious! Only to find you don't get the shiny reward at the end.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Reduce requirement for Dungeon rewards

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

There was a party that opend the (4-person) chest in the drow-cave lately. So it is definitely possible to get these chests.

However, I agree with your proposal, with a small change tho. Chests should be able to be opend by 2-8 chars, increasing the value depending on the amount of characters standing around it. I am not sure whether this is possible/How much work it is, tho.