Running animation for creatures

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Running animation for creatures

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

This has been something we've needed for a good amount of time. If someone with graphic skills could somehow manage to give monsters (at least some of them) a running animation.

Why is this important, well it isn't, not terribly so however! If we ever want features that allow us to turn into monsters or animals we will need the running animations. Take for instance the current Dog transformation potion we have now, it is one of the most fun potions to use however since there is no animation for running for dogs it would cause them to look like they were gliding across the ground. Therefore currently when one takes a dog transformation they cannot run.

We really only need running animations for creatures either intended to be played for quests or for creatures that cn be turned into via magic or potions.
Achae Eanstray

Re: Running animation for creatures

Post by Achae Eanstray »

*places a help wanted parchment "Graphic artist"*

Good idea but there are two issues to adding more graphic. What we use now has taken a lot of space in the game and any more may make it hard to play for some. There is sadly a lack of graphic artists. One is here some (and is really great) but not all the time. This proposal may need to be shelved for future updates when we have different graphics that take up less space and available artists. If anyone wishes to help with 3D graphic, I'm sure the dev team would like to know.

If there is further information from the team feel free to add/correct me.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

I actually have a lot of free time on my hands, I am able to create graphics. Check out this post entitled "Ritual" (viewtopic.php?f=88&t=41706&p=712089#p712089) where I created a pill graphic, to see if I could copy and recreate the shards. For the walking graphic though, I would have to have access to the current graphic files. Anyways I am always willing to help with graphics. I was going to offer my help for the glyph graphics, but I never did. I would have to see the current graphic files, I am inexperienced at 3d modeling but I would give it a shot.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Or we deactivate running altogether. Solves also the problem (and many others).
Sskakzk'krr

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

It's been a while since I've been around the community, wasn't martin at one point helping with graphics (assuming he's been inactive for a while)?
There was a time at once where I had asked him (or maybe whoever it was at the time) the program they were using specifically for the game and it helped a lot with sprints and whatnot!