Sacrifice to Moshran - call for ideas

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

snus-mumrik
Developer

Sacrifice to Moshran - call for ideas

Post by snus-mumrik »

Hi,
I'm almost done with divine favour implementation, but I need help with sacrifices to Moshran.
I want to start with lore/RP perspective (e.g. what you would describe as sacrifice to Moshran on RP forum), and then see what can be implemented and how.

From the website description:
He is venerated by orcs as the god of war and live sacrifices are made at altars drenched in blood.
The rituals and ceremonies followers perform to bring war and more blood almost always involve sacrifice.
Huge caves are lit with torches and fires, and ceremonial fights are held; it is a common belief that many disputes and quarrels are solved in these fights. Generally these fights remain ceremonial and do not end too bloodily but in some of the least civilised tribes the warriors still "slay each another in heaps".
The wildest of tribes are still thought to perform sacrifices - rarely captives from other tribes and races, but more often volunteers from their own tribe who give themselves to the sacrificial dagger.
Generally, animals are now slaughtered and sacrificed to the gods and ancestors before being consumed during the evening feast.
In other races this feast has the more symbolic tradition of sacrificing a small animal, usually a chicken or rabbit, without many words.
So I can see here: killing sentient creatures (captives or volunteers), ceremonial fights, killing animals and sacrificing meat.

What else?
Perhaps something specific for his 3 little helpers (Dragorog, Bjolmur, Cherass)?
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Re: Sacrifice to Moshran - call for ideas

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

We need some added drops. There are plenty of non aggressive monsters of normal races near the alter of the five.

Proposed drops:

Blood, bones, demon blood (high monster drop demon skeletons,liches etc.), skulls, dragon eggs

Skulls and dragon eggs currently exist though I don't know their ids. Bones and blood items would be new and drop tables would need tweaked. Regular blood and bones should be fairly common drops from non aggressive monsters where as the demon blood and dragon eggs are obviously not.
Mirai Belisai

Re: Sacrifice to Moshran - call for ideas

Post by Mirai Belisai »

Sheep corpses - currently a rare drop as well - might work too.
inards again would be a very plentyfull offering.

sadly there are no corpses remaining, if somethings is killed, as one might have used a bottle/phiol to gain some blood from it.