Parchments/Pergamente

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Falyame

Parchments/Pergamente

Post by Falyame »

Heyho,

now that we can write a text on a parchment I was thinking of putting pictures on parchments (with the support and control of a GM or Developper). Is that even possible for that game?

What do you think?

Moin moin,

da wir nun Texte in Pergemante hinzufügen können, dachte ich mir, dass man auch Bilder hinzufügen könnte (mit der Unterstützung und Kontrolle eines GM oder Developpers). Ist das in diesem Spiel überhaupt machbar?

Was haltet ihr davon?
snus-mumrik
Developer

Re: Parchments/Pergamente

Post by snus-mumrik »

I guess that displaying pictures like that would require a serious change to the client (maybe also the server).
Last time I checked the parchment text was a single line. Perhaps making it multiline is somehow possible at reasonable development effort. That would make possible writing letters and announcements IG. And you would be able to put some simple pictures in pseudographics :)
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

What if it was treated more like they paintings IG. When you hover, it gives you a description of the picture, instead of an actual image? Is that more feasible?
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

Turns out the parchment can currently be multiline - each time you use a quill on the parchment you add one line. The current interface is not very user friendly, and I think I can improve it.
Of course pictures are still out of scope - I think verbal description is the way to go. Currently you can simply write the text on parchment that describes the picture.