Priest Favor Dailies

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Dantagon Marescot

Priest Favor Dailies

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

It's Friday! So I figured for a little bit of work distraction/some fun this evening if you're across the pond and already getting off work I'd like to do some brainstorming.

With the priest magic system that is in the works you will have to gain favor with the gods in order to become a priest, maintain your abilities, and increase the effectiveness of your spells. Even if you are not a priest, there might be some small incentive to having the gods on your side. There will be many ways to gain favor which will include praying at an altar, sacrificing items to the gods, and grouping with followers. But the one I want to discuss this afternoon is Dailies.

Coming with the next update there will be priests near each of the altars (they are live on Dev, go check them out). Currently they are simply full of Illarion lore, but will eventually begin to serve a greater purpose with priest magic. This is where the Dailies come in. This is one of many ways to earn favor and will work much in the same way Rank Dailies do. You will not be required to do them to earn favor, but they might help.

That said, here is what I want from you. The Dailies should fit the personality of each individual god and each priest should be doing that gods work.

Ex:
Irmorom requires 5 midlevel hammers
Malachin requires you to go kill orcs
Moshran wants you to go kill the sheep near Cadomyr
Sirani wants 10 bottles of water for the thirsty
Adron wants 5 bottles of wine
Ronagan wants 10 gold rings
Cherga wants you to lay 10 skeletons to rest.

What do you think they would want?

((I know this is long, but a translation for others would be appreciated))
snus-mumrik
Developer

Re: Priest Favor Dailies

Post by snus-mumrik »

Hi, sorry wasn't near a pc for some time.
Dantagon Marescot wrote: That said, here is what I want from you. The Dailies should fit the personality of each individual god and each priest should be doing that gods work.
What do you think they would want?
I am not very strong with the lore, but one thing I suggest is to keep to minimum the "bring items" quests, because we will have sacrifice system, and these will likely to be same items in the quest and sacrifice.
Not that I say not to have them at all. If these are items that are not normally accepted, then it is perfectly fine. And I guess for Irmorom such quests are a natural choice.

My 2 cents on possible quests (in addition):
Cherga - visiting some graves scattered across the land (like a "patrol" quest)
Nargun - make some funny emote at a public place (don't know if this can be implemented in the scripts)
Elara - read some specific random book
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Nargun is more chaotic versus comical or funny....having a char that has worshiped Nargun since Gobaith, I don't think anything comical is the correct way to worship this god.

I would suggest something more serious, perhaps give a story of something representing Nargun's chaotic nature as one idea.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

For strengthening the Hemp Necktie there is a suggestion from Slightly to develop somewhat more interesting quests:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42109&p=711291&hilit=Hemp#p711261

Perhaps we could take some inspiration from there, and make some of favour quests require player-player interaction.
For example a daily quest could be to find a character who has recently performed a specific god-related activity (cooking for Oldra, fighting for Malachin, etc) and say that the god blesses him for this. Perhaps it's a quest only for priest players, not simply devoted.
Another example: for Adron - drink some alcohol in company of other players.
Maybe you even "talk to another player about <keyword>" (e.g. "friendship" for Zhambra) - though we must beware of PGs running around shouting the keywords.

Of course, player-player quests may be hard to accomplish due to low player base. So perhaps such quests should be relatively rare, or have probability dependent on online players.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

snus-mumrik wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 pm .........................

Of course, player-player quests may be hard to accomplish due to low player base. So perhaps such quests should be relatively rare, or have probability dependent on online players.

I love the player vs player quest and would just recommend allow more time (days) to accomplish them?