Charakter location in Onlinelist

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mirai Belisai

Charakter location in Onlinelist

Post by Mirai Belisai »

Hello,

would it be possible to add the rough whereabouts of a charakter in the onlinelist?

something like:

In Runewick, In Galmair, In Cadomyr, In the Wilderness, maybe even northern Wilderness, southern wilderness to be more specific.

Dungeons drop under Wilderness

This would keep it discretly enough, that outlaw charakters are still hard to track.

Currently its a pest to find someone, especially if you are seeking someone specific.

It would be even more cool, if the gate guardian tells you that when you ask for a name.
They should know if a citizen leaves the town.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Re: Charakter location in Onlinelist

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Push that! Town guard should tell you whether Char XYZ left the town or not. Awesome idea.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I do not like telling players ooc where other characters are, not even roughly. That goes too much against the seperation of ooc and ig, and also feels contraproductive to immersion for me.

On the guard idea: I like this idea. It also is quit simple to implement something like this. I wouldn't make it work perfect, though. The guards showed only tell you what they actually saw. So if someones uses a portal within Cadomyr to leave the town, Horation will not have seen this person leave Cadomyr, and if if asekd, he will says that he saw him enter the town.
There is of course the problem with character who do not say their real name to anyone, but this is a general problem we have for all features that make use of character names for which we need a proper solution one day, so that is a negligible issue for this idea.
Seajiha
Developer

Post by Seajiha »

Grim posted the link of another game here earlier (http://schnellerwind.mind.de/accounts/spielerkarte.php) showing player-numbers in quadrants. If it would help to create more interaction without breaking rp-logic too much, I have nothing against it.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

What about making it work the other way:
Add an NPC (e.g. at Hemp Necktie), who is a mage and can send a message "<Char1> wants to meet you at the Hemp Netcktie inn", where Char1 is the one who activates this, either choosing from list of online chars or typing full name of the recepient.
Of course, that would cost some money.

Pros:
- Absolute discretion - a char must do something actively to have his position revealed
- IG
- Creates a meeting point - chars that are bored would hang around this mage, waiting for their friend to come, and may have some RP in the meanwhile