Gerben & Weben / tanning and weaving

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

GolfLima

Gerben & Weben / tanning and weaving

Post by GolfLima »

Umbenennung (Streichung) des Skills „Gerben und Weben“

Der Skill „Gerben und Weben“ sollte meiner Meinung nach umbenannt oder gelöscht werden da er fälschlicherweise impliziert, das man mit „Weben“ einen Skill von 100 erreichen könnte.
Dies ist aber icht der Fall.

Mein Charakter mit Skill 86 erfährt beim Weben von 1043 Wolle in grauen Stoff keine Skillerhöhung (Skillcap bei 20 (?)).
Sammelt er dagegen 1046 Wolle (Schafe scheren) erhöht sich der Skill von 86 auf 88 (sogar ein wenig mehr).
Ich vermute im Falle des Gerbens einen ähnlichen Sachverhalt.
Ab Skill 20 tritt wahrscheinlich ein Skillcap auf.
Da der Erhalt von Fell bzw. Rohleder an das Töten von Tieren mit unterschiedlichen Waffen geknüpft ist, denke ich dies führt bei den jeweiligen Waffenskills zu einer Änderung und nicht im Bereich Gerben. Dies ist aber nur eine Vermutung.

Rename (delete) skill „taanning and weaving“

the skill „tanning and weaving“should be renamed or deletet due to the fact that you cant reach level 100 with weaving.

My charakter with skill level 86 was weaving 1043 wool into grey clothes but nothing happens – no change in skill (skillcap 20(?))
If he collects 1046 wool (sheep shearing) the skill raises from 86 to 88 (a little bit more).
I think it is the same for tanning.
There is also a skillcap by 20(?).
I think the gathereing of fur or raw leather is connected to the weapon skill (depending wich weapon is used for killing). But is only an asumtiion from my side.
Brightrim
Developer

Re: Gerben & Weben / tanning and weaving

Post by Brightrim »

Tanning raw leather as well as weaving/spinning wool into cloth/thread will get the "tanning and shearing" skill to level 20, following the same rule as any other gathering skill where intermediate production will get you to level 20, but for 20-100 you need to do the gathering itself.

So while maybe not a major issue or high priority, the name clearly needs to be changed in the finished product, if we want it to be in line with the other skills.
EG:
Mining is called Mining, not smelting.
Woodcutting is called Woodcutting, not Sawing.
Farming is called farming, not milling.
So "tanning and weaving" should be called "Shearing" to follow the same theme.
Or if we want to keep a similar name "Tanning and shearing" would work.