Inside warrior classes

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Karrock

Inside warrior classes

Post by Karrock »

Because currently exists only one efficient built (maybe two if we divide this on tank/glass-cannon) with differents in meaning of willpower (more or less points) I want to propose new inside classes which depends on using other attributes. I skip that now everyone skill up all armors/weapons. I don't propose any changes in this (no removing once got skills, no removing their importance).

Presented inside warrior classes names can be changed. I don't insist to use these names. All these classes player character gets by setting attributes. This means a character who has low set attributes in combination of them, but fullfil requirments also can do this special skills/movements but with lower effect than a character who better set those attributes. Whole idea is to not create force to finish any quest to get warrior class. Character can visit trainer and change class by changing set of attributes. If one of you have also another ideas for classes for warrior types, please describe them in posts below in similar way.

1. Leader
Because was proposed that mages, priests or druids can summon or tame beasts, monsters I propose to create inside warrior class -> leader.
Leader can recruit "monsters" like: humans, elves, orcs, halflings, lizardmen, dwarves (all common intelligent humanoids) from special npc in each town or one in wilderness before a fight. For this purpose each time he must pay coins/magical gems for each hired npc. After set period of time, or death of them they vanish. Level of npcs and their number or together summarized strenght of all currently hired is based on level of the skill -> Leadership which base on specific attribute. Or there is no special skill but this is based only on specifical attribute.
Base attribute for Leader: INT. Lesser attributes: Current.

2. Trapper, Hunter
Because we have item in game "trap set" I think this should be used in similar way. New skill -> Trapping. Or no skill but based on specifical attribute.
And anti-trap skill. Or no anti-trap skill but based on specifical attribute.
New skill -> Tracking (finding in which way gone player characters or other npcs who can change location). Or no skill but based on specifical attribute.
Base attribute for Trapper, Hunter: PERC. Lesser attributes: Current.
Base attribute for anti-trap: PERC

3. Bounty-hunter, Rogue.
This class mix close-combat with distance-combat. To be honest at this moment I don't know how to introduce this class. I imagine a fighter who prefers to use short blades, shurikens, throwing knifes, throwing axes, daggers and such easily to hide small weapons. He prefers clothes than armors. He is agile and crafty. Maybe if game had a way how to hide/sneak this class should have this as own base skill. New skill -> Throwing (Division between distance weapons to archery and throwing). Division in craft list to: Two-handed weapons, one handed weapons and short weapons.
Base attributes for Bounty-hunter, Rogue: INT or DEX or AGL. Lesser attributes: Current.
Base attribute to notice hidden character: PERC

4. Barbarian
A machine to kill. He thinks slow but hits hard and can withstand much. Actually almost all fighting characters have this built. This looks like nothing new, but if game had one day a scrolls (crafted by mages, priests) and division of warrior classes they should cannot use them. Same with portal books.
Base attributes for Barbarian: Current

5. Just a Soldier
Similar to barbarian but some points added also to another one attribute to use scrolls, portal books etc. Another attribute to notice hidden character or trap.
Base attributes for Just a Soldier: Current and INT or DEX or AGL, PERC.

I encourage you to describe own types.

EDIT: Added proposal for Tracking and Throwing. Short weapons in craft list.