Some propsals

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Some propsals

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

I write this propsal as a collection of ideas I had:
  • Playing Cards: That would be a nice item for tavern evenings and give more options than dices. How to realise it? I thought about 33 items: 4x7,4x8,...,4xAce and one "Stack of cards" which delivers the possibilities: List remaining cards and take x cards.
    Playing cards (in a stack) could be an item made from scholars as they would need parchments and ink or found in treasures one by one like the mugs.
  • Map: An item which shows you the whole world, even if not conquered yet, though not too detailed, just to give one a glance at the whole map without having to look at the homepage everytime
  • Having different layers for clothing: Well.. I guess it's obvious what I mean. Make it possible to wear clothes beneath armour for example. Taking that alone might not be the best propsal ever, but when combined with a proper paper-dolling (not sure whether that's even planned) it would give people good opportunity to combine different clothes and make them more "unique".
  • Add disguises: Not sure whether this is even possible or whether it was suggested before, but what about having hoods or visored helmets which change the name into "unknown" or something like that? Yeah, I know rping that is possible, too, but there are many not reacting to that, so this might be a nice way to cover villains.
  • Remove secondary craft merchants of each town and reduce the prices first craft merchants pay to 5%.
  • Let the monthly market at the necktie wander to the towns: In the first month, the market is at the Necktie, second month the market is in Runewick, then Galmair, then Cadomyr and then Necktie again, so you might catch people not attending this market accidently (or people like me who always log in 2 mins before the market is removed :x ) and get some rp in the towns you would not have got when being alone at the necktie.
  • Reduce the amount of town's depots (to maybe one or two): Create hotspots near the taverns/near the workshops, whatever you prefer.
  • Make drinks more important: Right now NOBODY wants to buy drinks. I guess that's because they "just" provide rp-effects and not actual engine-effects. I am not sure which effects would be nice for them, but I am sure there's something we could think about.
Dantagon Marescot

Re: Some propsals

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I think these are all very good thoughts and should be considered.

Playing cards: Besides having to create graphics for the deck itself, we should figure out how many cards are in the deck and how it operates. It might have to involve a GUI (deal so many, shuffle deck, shuffle in a card, discard pile), and a way to keep track of cards in your hand. A 'German' medieval deck typically had 32 (northern) or 36 cards (southern), and a typical modern deck has 52. We could also have the freedom to rename the suits or anything else. Instead of Unter, Ober, and Koenig, or Jack, Queen, King, we could do Don, Queen, Archmage. There is some fun to be had design wise and who knows, someone might even invent a new card game.

Disguises: It would be nice to have a hood or something to allow people to be "unknown". Even more so, it should trigger a change on the online list to hidden, because someone might use that to meta game.
Flint Stoneside

Post by Flint Stoneside »

For the card system you could make it a purely new Illarion game. With its own rules, set-up, and cards like Dantagon was saying. Such as, you play the powerful Don card, but your opponent plays a wild card, the drunken dwarf. If this idea gets approved for a card game I love cards and would love to help create an Illarion exclusive card game or card games.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Card game with own rules and also as a new different program not requiring illarion client and again also based on official lore of Illarion is great idea to attract people to Illarion. Such a program can be downloaded by Steam.

But card game as new game inside client I am rather sceptical. Much work to create a new system what people will play rather rarely after a first enthiusiasm.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

We still have the poker npc. It went mental preVbu but vilarion fixed it in the mean time. Someone just need to set it up. As many, many, many things I planed to do this.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I think part of my fondness for the idea of playing cards stems from the idea of giving something for the thinking and writing types that don't really have functional jobs to be able to craft. Illa has yet to invent the printing press or lithograph, so all the cards (as well as any manuscripts or books) would have to be hand made. We could also always have fun with essentially creating ig trading cards made by skilled artists that might be passed around, sold, and collected. They might just have a written descriptor and would be based on the what the character that made it wrote. Should these things turn into "decks" to be played with as well, would be up to rp. Reminds me a bit of Gwent from The Witcher or Pazaak from SW:KotOR, where you essentially collected the items and built your deck as you went along.