Priesthood vs magic (General Concept/name)

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Priesthood vs magic (General Concept/name)

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

So our chars live in a world where magic is the basis of the power of the gods, according to books it's is the structure of everything in their creation. However magic by itself is a tool, it doesn't have an opinion on how it's used. Calling magic "the way of the five' sounds cool and it's understandable why the idea came about. However due to posts I've seen by Q-wert especially (I hope you don't mind me mentioning!) about the harsh mix up between priesthoods and the planned implementation. From my perspective I see these religions have existed and roleplayed for some time even in other clients despite the lack of an actual priest system, so then why change this and suddenly render old character's beliefs inadequate. Set a priest system based around all the gods and Magic from removed from ideology from a tech perspective. This might be a little more work for the devs, but this way it doesn't hurt the already existing and previously existing groups and Illarion's own history by the players. Luckily we have plenty of time to talk about these concepts way before anybody gets to it.

My proposal is to call Magic "Magic" or "Way of the Arcane" Or "Path of the Arcane" and leave the names for templars and santificators as they are, but to add the Five Elder gods to the list of available devotions but don't make them any stronger or weaker for balance purpose. It may be worth a thought to add the demi-gods into the priest system as weaker possibilities.

Related discussion
http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9823
Estralis Seborian

Re: Priesthood vs magic (General Concept/name)

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Calling magic "the way of the five'...
Where did you read that?