Training weapons: ranged and concussion

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Vern Kron

Training weapons: ranged and concussion

Post by Vern Kron »

Proposal:

Adjust current values and graphics in the game to fill in holes in the training weapons for two missing fighting types.

Add the old graphic 'bough' to the training weapons for a concussion item (make it require a branch and a handle if we need a craftable way to get it.)
Rename it to 'training stick'.

This shouldn't be a terribly difficult task on either the server side or in the content file.
Adding the item value here:
https://github.com/Illarion-eV/Illarion ... g.lua#L377

A recipe here:
https://github.com/Illarion-eV/Illarion ... g.lua#L236

And then arranging it in the server somewhere.

As for a ranged weapon training item:

Add a 'softened stone' as an ammunition type for the sling, and reduce the damage it can inflict down to absolute minimum. It could even reuse the same graphic as the current stone, if the name in the box had a striking enough difference, such as color.
GolfLima

Re: Training weapons: ranged and concussion

Post by GolfLima »

sorry, i do not understand this post

* there are training weapons for all 4 fighting types
* sling, wodden club + walking staff, wodden dagger, wodden sword
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

GolfLima wrote:sorry, i do not understand this post

* there are training weapons for all 4 fighting types
* sling, wodden club + walking staff, wodden dagger, wodden sword
Wooden spear, as well.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Contrary to popular belief, those objects aren't actually classified as 'training' objects.

Wooden club, walking staff are actually weapons (and I believe walking staff is actually like a level 40 weapon?)

If you look at the script you can even see we have 'two' training weapons. Wooden dagger. Wooden sword.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

true - wooden speer, walking staff, sling and small wooden shield (( all lvl 0 )) - are not marked as training weapons
(( as i know there are also for all types of armor lvl 0 things + machete, light battle axe, simply dagger, executioner axe ))

but

they can used for training like wodden dagger and wooden sword

:arrow: so they should marked as training weapons
Brightrim
Developer

Post by Brightrim »

Vern Kron wrote:Contrary to popular belief, those objects aren't actually classified as 'training' objects.

Wooden club, walking staff are actually weapons (and I believe walking staff is actually like a level 40 weapon?)

If you look at the script you can even see we have 'two' training weapons. Wooden dagger. Wooden sword.
I don't know about the others, but the sling functions like the other training weapons in that it untargets your opponent if they fall-back, right before being ghosted, unlike what actual bows do. And that is basically the only function that separates a training weapon and an actual weapon, isn't it?