More Toadstools

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Charlotte-ate-wilbur

More Toadstools

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Is it possible to add some more toadstool resources to forests areas that aren't littered with aggressive animals and everything else plz?
Achae Eanstray

Re: More Toadstools

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Are you asking for more toadstools for some craft? Just a reminder here is the recommendation of a good proposal: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 94&t=38019

All proposals are welcome though and I believe the resources of crafting is being looked at now.. devs let me know if I am mistaken. The goal is to balance crafts so one isn't more difficult then another.

If you can be more specific, i.e. where you have looked, what they are needed for, how it would help the game to add more etc. it would be more helpful to those considering your request. :)
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

I'm not asking for another skill at all, I just got a quest to find 15 toadstools and ran around outside Runewick really not finding any, in the alchemy book ingame it says they are supposed to be on forest ground, so I ran all the way into elstree looking for toadstools. Most of what I found were single ones lying around, the resources were only abundant near mass spawns of monsters, most of them being animals, I kind of wanted my elfess to not harm forest animals (vermin are ok ;P)

I just wonder why there aren't any toadstool in the plenty of safer forest areas.

Edit: The quest was feeding the Old Slime in Runewick, and according to the alchemy book Toadstools are supposed to be among the common plants.
Last edited by Charlotte-ate-wilbur on Sat May 27, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

What I believe is being requested is:
Toadstools are supposedly harvestable IG, but the resource you pull them from is not easily found. I believe that is partly by design.
I am not sure which quest requires the toadstool. I walked around a few different forest locations, and found one that had been spawned by the map, but no 'harvestable' toadstool locations. It may be that these toadstools are intended to be rare.

Basically: If there is not an intentional reason behind there not being somewhat local (albeit, few) toadstool resource locations near towns or safer areas, then perhaps we should consider adding some.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Very good ideas.. either add more toadstools, or adjust the quest, or increase the spawn times as possibilities. Is this quest suppose to be difficult is another idea.

Could you let us know which NPC gave the quest so if the devs wish, they can look at it?

Thanks!

Achae
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Vern Kron wrote:What I believe is being requested is:
I am not sure which quest requires the toadstool.
Feeding the Old Slime at Runewick is a daily quest at Runewick. So if something is to hard to get for a character, just wait an outgame day and the asked materials change.
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Alrik wrote:
Vern Kron wrote:What I believe is being requested is:
I am not sure which quest requires the toadstool.
Feeding the Old Slime at Runewick is a daily quest at Runewick. So if something is to hard to get for a character, just wait an outgame day and the asked materials change.

This still doesn't fix the fact that toadstools are marked as common plants and are really not common. :(

I can't even imagine trying to be a druid and getting these things.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

There is currently no resource distribution plan for herbs in place. We have one ready for implementation, but I am not 100 % satisfied with it as herbs are for me something magical, not yet another resource such as iron ore or clay. Still, there needs to be a satisfying influx that can be clearly calculated and controlled.

http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11011
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

This still doesn't fix the fact that toadstools are marked as common plants and are really not common. :(

I can't even imagine trying to be a druid and getting these things.

Well, there are a few places where collecting all kind of fungus is pretty save.

In Runewick you will find about all of them near the habour in the forest.
Another place is the temple of the five close to galmair.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Toadstools are supposed to be a forest plant. So you need to go into the forests ;) But I guess we can add 1-2 to the small forest piece behind Yewdale. Generally, I think it's okay if some of the common herbs are not too easy to be found (btw, common actually means just that the the herb has two active agents and can be collected with the sickle in opposition to rare herbs having just one active agent and being spawned randomly. Common doesn't mean in this case that you have to find them easily.).
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

Jupiter wrote:Toadstools are supposed to be a forest plant. So you need to go into the forests ;) But I guess we can add 1-2 to the small forest piece behind Yewdale. Generally, I think it's okay if some of the common herbs are not too easy to be found (btw, common actually means just that the the herb has two active agents and can be collected with the sickle in opposition to rare herbs having just one active agent and being spawned randomly. Common doesn't mean in this case that you have to find them easily.).

There is one toadstool in the forest area north of yewdale and south of bear cave. I can add more to map if needed. Jut let me know.
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Thanks!