Reduce Number of Trainers

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Banduk

Reduce Number of Trainers

Post by Banduk »

Currently there are 4 trainer, one in each realm where a char can change attributes.

Since these trainers are needed rarely but placed on dominant location the assumption is obvious that changing the attributes is an important and wanted feature of Illarion.
I think that feature is more a back door and should not be shown on the presenter.

My proposal:
Remove the trainer in Galmair, Runewick and Cadomyr.
Move the trainer on the Hempty into the house. The left lower corner is empty.

That way changing the attributes becomes a little bit disreputable and secret but stay possible for everybody.
Karrock

Re: Reduce Number of Trainers

Post by Karrock »

I think this changes nothing much and gives additional work to devs. I don't like this.
Lia

Post by Lia »

This has no meaning at all , except work for the developer.

Alone the overpriced price is already an obstacle enough to change the attributes.

And why should it disreputable to go to the Hemp Necktie? Was all the Time never disreputable.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

I´m with Banduk.

* senseless trainers at the towns
* if there is someday a change --> all trainers must be changed
* the trainers are not part of the town atmosphere - so remove them

p.s.
Lia wrote:Alone the overpriced price is already an obstacle enough to change the attributes.
:arrow: the price should be high - you dont should change the attributes any time and often
Lia

Post by Lia »

GolfLima wrote: the price should be high - you dont should change the attributes any time and often
What did you unterstand under high? 50 Gold is high... over 100 Gold is to much.

It isnt nice to see that you have not the right attribute for the Char you would play. So you have now two chances. Spend your time ( really really much time ) to collecting gold coins.
Or change your Charakter. And every passionate roller-player knows how much heart blood is in a character. You can not just simple change it.

It would be more sensible to introduce a minimum limit for changing the attributes. For example 10 you can change for 2 gold each. Then it increases each change (as it already is, only that it is doubled)
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Lia wrote:What did you unterstand under high? 50 Gold is high... over 100 Gold is to much.
:arrow: sorry, in my eyes 100 gold coins arent to much (( circa 10-15 lvl1 magical gems // 7+ pure elements // ... ==> there are a lot of ways to earn 100 gold ))
:arrow: there is NO NEED to "optimize" you´re charakter, it is only a possibility (( i never changed the attributes of my charakters and he has no optimal attributes ))

BUT back to topic
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Lia wrote:This has no meaning at all , except work for the developer.
It's really not a big deal. I could do it.
Lia wrote:And why should it disreputable to go to the Hemp Necktie? Was all the Time never disreputable.
It's not due to the Hempty, it's due to the current location, at the entrance of the tavern.
We could put the trainer in any realm away from the main traffic to get it a hint of being secret but I think it should stay available for everybody. So far a corner of Cadomyr's or Runewicks or Galmair's tavern would maybe not accessible for everybody if banned from town.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Es hat eben nicht jeder einen alten Alles Könner Char wie Jerem.

10 - 15 magische Edelsteine muß man genauso erstmal sammeln wie 7 Elemente. Wie man dafür 100 Gold bekommt ist mir schleierhaft.

Und doch da ist sehr wohl "Need" die Attribute zu ändern.

Stell dir vor du willst einen Magier spielen. Der Charakter, sein Hintergrund usw passt alles. Und irgendwann merkst oder erfährst du das die Attribute so gar nicht wie ein Magier sind.
Und nun?

drei Möglichkeiten. Man gibt über 100 Gold aus um es ein wenig anzupassen.
2. Man ändert den Charakter muß sich dann aber noch ein trifftigen Grund ausdenken warum plötzlich alles komplett anders ist. ( wenn man den Char entsprechend schon weit genug ic eingebracht hat gibt es nicht mal einen guten Grund wie man das erklären kann)
3. man löscht den Charakter.

Natürlich werden Leute mit 0815 Charakteren das nie verstehen.

Und nur weil du es nicht nutzt heißt das nicht das Andere darin keinen Sinn sehen, ihren Charakter von den Attributen dem Charakter anzupassen.

sorry for the englisch speaker. It was a bit difficult to write it all in English. Even if I doubt that some people do not even understand it in German. ( the People who speak german ;) )

back to topic:

I still have the same opinion as above. EEspecially characters that neither say nor emote, even less part of the city atmosphere are as an Npc as the Trainer.

@ Banduk: I just see nothing mysterious or forbidden about going to a Trainer. So why should we take all Trainier away and let only one stand somewhere in the world?

Especially since it would be unfair for non-fighter characters, if they had to fight through the wilderness to find the trainer or to reach him. No matter how i twist it and turn it. I see no reason why we should reduce their location and number.
Last edited by Lia on Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Lia wrote:Es hat eben nicht jeder einen alten Alles Könner Char wie Jerem.
:arrow: In vielen Fälle verweist Jerem an andere Meister Ihres Faches :arrow: ein Handwerk zu können heißt nicht automatisch es auch permanent auszuüben
Lia wrote:10 - 15 magische Edelsteine muß man genauso erstmal sammeln wie 7 Elemente. Wie man dafür 100 Gold bekommt ist mir schleierhaft.
:arrow: nach meinen Erkenntnissen werden latente magische Edelsteine mit ca. 10 Goldstücken gehandelt :arrow: ach ja, man kann auch verschiedene Dinge tun um zu 100 Goldstücken zu kommen
Lia wrote:Und doch da ist sehr wohl "Need" die Attribute zu ändern.
:arrow: dafür gibt es ja die Trainer
Lia wrote:Natürlich werden Leute mit 0815 Charakteren das nie verstehen.
:arrow: nett, wie Du Dir anmaßt einen von einem anderen Mitspieler erstellten Charakter einzuordnen / einzuschätzen / zu qualifizieren ((p.s. was die darüber wohl denken?))
Lia wrote:Und nur weil du es nicht nutzt heißt das nicht das Andere darin keinen Sinn sehen, ihren Charakter von den Attributen dem Charakter anzupassen
:arrow: würde ich im "Ändern von Attributen" KEINEN Sinn sehen würde ich für die Abschaffung der Trainer plädieren :arrow: ich bin nur für einen maßvollen Umgang mit den Möglichkeiten der Attributsänderung ((über das Maß kann man sicher trefflich streiten))
Lia

Post by Lia »

:arrow: nett, wie Du Dir anmaßt einen von einem anderen Mitspieler erstellten Charakter einzuordnen / einzuschätzen / zu qualifizieren ((p.s. was die darüber wohl denken?))
Es gibt da ein nettes Sprichwort dafür. Ich formuliere es mal um in "Wer sich getroffen bzw angesprochen fühlt reagiert."

Ich habe hier Niemand darin eingeordnet ;)

Bezüglich der Goldstücke. Nur weil du es leicht findest Gold zu bekommen (( wenn man die Kisten voll gestopft mit diversen Dingen hat, läßt sich leicht über Reichtum reden nicht? )) heißt das nicht das es für Alle gleich leicht ist.
:arrow: dafür gibt es ja die Trainer
Deren Nutzen man ohne Sinn ändern will indem man sie wohin auch immer stellt.
:arrow: ich bin nur für einen maßvollen Umgang mit den Möglichkeiten der Attributsänderung
Über 100 Gold dabei los zu werden ist mehr als maßvoll genug.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Lia wrote:Es gibt da ein nettes Sprichwort dafür. Ich formuliere es mal um in "Wer sich getroffen bzw angesprochen fühlt reagiert."
:arrow: scheint das meine Formulierung "von einem anderen Mitspieler" unterschiedlichen Deutungen unterliegen kann
Lia wrote:Nur weil du es leicht findest Gold zu bekommen (( wenn man die Kisten voll gestopft mit diversen Dingen hat, läßt sich leicht über Reichtum reden nicht? )) heißt das nicht das es für Alle gleich leicht ist.
:arrow: es SOLL auch nicht leicht sein (( so habe ich jedenfalls damals die Einführung des Trainers mit steigenden Preisen verstanden, aber es mag durchaus sein, das ich mich auf einem Irrweg befinde und das damals und heute total mißverstehe - in diesem Fall leiste ich Abbitte))
Lia wrote:Über 100 Gold dabei los zu werden ist mehr als maßvoll genug.
:arrow: nach meinen Erkenntnissen gibt es durchaus genug Charaktere, die sich diese Summe ohne "größere Probleme" leisten können

:arrow: dies ist mein letzter Eintrag hierzu, ich bin es leid mich für meine persöhnliche Meinung oder meinen Charakter ohne Grund rechtfertigen zu müssen
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I really like this. There is no need to have 3 redundant npcs standing about the settlements that do the very same as the one in the Hemptie (which is available to everyone).
Every NPC in the settlements takes up space one can not speak or emote around without triggering responses. Having 3 less should be a good thing.
I also don't see how putting the NPC at the Hemptie some few paces to the side to a less prominent (and response triggering) position still at the Hemptie would be bad.

Prices of the trainer are an entirely different matter. How about we discuss it threads directed at it?
Threads discussing the price of Attribute Trainers (decending by last activity):
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Trainers currently do not have any real emotes or triggers besides train and help. They are an empty shell in a bright yellow tunic.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

I think it's not clear what’s my point.

Everyone presents in prominent visible places what is important. What’s more visible, that’s more important. You do, me do and Illarion does at well.

Illarion shows in a prominent position, I think even 2x in the sight of a newly arriving char, the ability to change attributes.
So far we say, the min-maxing of attributes is an essential feature of our game.

And I have always seen the change of attributes as a function, which is applied in rare exceptions.

Yes – We will let the feature be available for everybody.
No – It’s not one of our main features.
Let’s present it that way too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich glaub, es ist nicht klar, um was es mir geht.

Jeder präsentiert an gut sichtbarer Stelle, was ihm wichtig ist. Je sichtbarer, desto wichtiger. Du, ich und auch Illarion.

Illarion zeigt an prominenter Stelle, ich glaub sogar 2x im Sichtbereich eines neu hinzukommenden Chars, die Möglichkeit Attribute zu verändern.
Das heißt wir sagen, das Min-Maxen von Attributen ist ein wesentliches Merkmal für unser Spiel.

Und ich hab die Attributeänderung immer als Funktion gesehen, die in seltenen Ausnahmen angewendet wird.

Ja – Die Funktion soll beibehalten werden.
Nein – Die Funktion ist keine Hauptfunktion von Illarion.
Lasst es uns auch so nach außen zeigen.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I think we need to find a balance between showing this feature to new players - who might be the main target audience of the trainers - and not "over-showing" this feature. The trainers should be as hidden/shown as e.g. the census offices. But since new players might need this service, one trainer at the Hemp Necktie Inn might be not enough.

Anyway, I think this is one of the least important things to work on at this moment, considering the trainers do no immediate harm and we have things to work on that are really important, such as magic or housing.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I agree with moving the trainers to town offices or something but I don't agree with removing or relocating them outside towns. To me that seems silly.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Banduk wrote:Yes – We will let the feature be available for everybody.
No – It’s not one of our main features.
Let’s present it that way too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ja – Die Funktion soll beibehalten werden.
Nein – Die Funktion ist keine Hauptfunktion von Illarion.
Lasst es uns auch so nach außen zeigen.
:arrow: true, nothing more to say
:arrow: das ist wahr, mehr gibt es dazu nicht zu sagen
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Dantagon Marescot wrote:Trainers currently do not have any real emotes or triggers besides train and help. They are an empty shell in a bright yellow tunic.
That's the monst important point for me. Either we pimp them up and make them unique or we remove all but one of them.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Jupiter wrote:
Dantagon Marescot wrote:Trainers currently do not have any real emotes or triggers besides train and help. They are an empty shell in a bright yellow tunic.
That's the monst important point for me. Either we pimp them up and make them unique or we remove all but one of them.
Yup, actually on a backburner to do list for me. Though I would not be opposed to making them more interesting and then moving them to a location more fitting to their task. Galmair in the guard tower or near the training pits. Runewick near their training pit, though he is in an okay spot. Cadomyr upstairs near the training area. Honestly, I find the NPC's in general to be a little tight. I realize we want to make them easy to find in town for new players, but there is no reason we can't add them to the "welcome to town, now go find so and so" set of quests.