Wilderness Crosses

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Kugar

Wilderness Crosses

Post by Kugar »

What - Create wilderness crosses in the wilds. These can act like sanctuary shrines to demi-gods where you have to give an offering to show some devotion, much like at an altar, in order to be resurrected there.

Why - Bandit/ rogue/ evil insane person always resurrecting at the Hemptie Necktie is quite crap because they will always be captured on arrival and this is a big reason why you don't get bad guy characters (because you're a sitting duck - in case that wasn't clear). We want people to play Bandit/ rogue/ evil insane people.

Extra - expands the world lore. Demi-gods are cool.
Juliana D'cheyne

Re: Wilderness Crosses

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I have to admit it is quite irritating for others to know where your outlaw will resurrect outside of a safe town. We used to have a little choice in the matter and my outlaw could pick one of the safer ones. I'm all for having a choice in crosses... would prefer no payment required also for those bandits on the fence regarding gods.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Please propose exact locations of such additional crosses (x, y, z coordinates). I think we could use some more crosses, indeed. Of course, they'd be available not just to outlaws.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I think this one for sure: 789,134,0

One or two more possibly? Here are two locations that may be interesting:

837,398,0 and 331,605,1 Though others may have some ideas.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I like this, even if just on the most basic level of being more Cherga crosses. On death we could give a selection dialogue where the player selects which cross to resurrect at. This would also give them the ability to put off resurrecting either for RP or priest-system reasons.
Drugar Stonesmasher

Post by Drugar Stonesmasher »

Well.. a question like that does not exactly belong here but is still related:

Does one need to resurrect immediatly (logging out after death beeing forbidden or at least considered to be bad style),
or may one give Cherga more time to decide ..

(which will make it near impossible to catch someone, if the victim decides so)

appart from that the optional cross version sounds realy good, as it gives the victim a chance to escape, but also the hunters a chance to catch him/her.
Still many hunters may be the rabbits death, as multiple people can also check multiple resurrection places.
(where again a shapeshifter potion might do the trick..)