Job for few.

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Karrock

Job for few.

Post by Karrock »

Game really lacks jobs for politicians to get sum to hire other chars. What do you think? Is it possible to add such a proffesion "politician" supervised by GMs? This would solve a problems for those who wish to play pure mages, artists, mercenaries and similar.

Like in example -> Reasonable income every ig month for those who own ranks in towns like: tax collector, hangman etc.
We have those ranks but I doubt they are now profitable enough to hire anyone.

EDIT: Current system is boring because politics are only a fun for few. Lower political ranks like that hangman or merchant should really mean something. Actually full this concept exists in game. I only propose for increasing the payments to make politics real thing for everyone, not only for few.
And the classical guild-system will never work. Most players chose before their guilds (Houses and Bearers) and are not interested in joining to new guilds, but I think they could be interested in being hired by politician for special jobs. Like in example painter who actually makes a descriptions for pictures ig. The possibilities for jobs what mechanics can't support.

EDIT2: Just simple explanation that anyone can understand me. ABC has high rank in town, rules there. He hires "politician" and pays him. Let him be named XYZ. XYZ can spend money 1. For own needs 2. For community to attract people to game. Which strategy make XYZ be choosen again to this rank? This is very simple.
S'rrt

Re: Job for few.

Post by S'rrt »

This already exists. Politics work differently in reach faction but generally the roles are GM supervised and they get income to use.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Of course this exists but if I would like to play in example priest who held masses could I hope to get reasonable sum every real month? In example 10-20 gold? In every town? (Except Runewick). I think such an information should be visible.

In Galmair the sum is about 1 gold... this is horrific low.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

I think the sum you hope to earn through a position appointet by the local government - may it be a priest, hangman or taxcollector is last but not least one thing: Born out of ingame negotiations and convincing the authorities ingame that the character who is filling the position is worth the money and so an ingame matter.

If the character is thinking that he is worth 30 Gold a month but the government thinks he is doing a lousy job, I dont't think this character will hold this position very long or will earn much coins through it. Works the other way to, if a character is able to convince that he is worth more money than they offered first.. Maybe the character could get more. But as I said, born out of roleplay and an ingame matter from my point of view.

If a charakter wants a paid job, he has to get online and see if there is interest and need for it. And if not at the first try, maybe wait some time, not everything is a shooting star. Even selling ressources or crafted items to players will not work every time - I had times when noone needed something from one of my characters, and times where I had the impression "I don't know if I could complete all orders".

And I found this at the Galmair Forum, one of the posts where the local government searched for citizens for several jobs (there were several similar posts for different jobs). When it came to duration and reward... "Until someone better or cheaper is found" and "Subject of negotiations". This or something equal could happen in every city.

Friedolin Brunsberg wrote:INTELLIGENCE SERVICE (old language below)
Application Closing Date: None
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until someone better or cheaper is found
Reward: Subject of negotiations

Main tasks:
  • Responsible for intelligence defence against spies from Runewick and Cadomyr
    Responsible for informations from Runewick and Cadomyr
Send your application to the chancellors or directly make your argument at the Don.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

NACHRICHTENDIENST
Bewerbungsfrist: Keine
Beginn: So bald als möglich
Dauer: Bis ein besserer oder billigerer gefunden wurde
Lokalität: Illarion
Belohnung: Verhandlungssache

Hauptaufgaben:
  • Verantwortlich für die Verteidigung vor Spionageangriffen aus Runewick und Cadomyr
    Verantwortlich für die Informationsbeschaffung aus Runewick und Cadomyr
Sendet Eure Bewerbung an die Kanzler oder bringt Sie direkt dem Don vor.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

A little Rant on that topic. Biside of it this should be a point about payment and explain why I think proper played town jobs should be payed with extra town rank.

Sarangerel had a job once. But GMs of other towns disagreed with the payment Brunsberg and she agreed on. (magic gems - the only valid currency in this game). If you don't grant me special rank or give me magic gems I won't do s**t for you dear fraction leader. Good bye my dear Mercenary-Guild!!

I convinced Brunsberg! But this was put to an end because (I don't know!) I was the only one who managed to do something like that at that time? Boogers, I was mad at the nameless GMs who forbid Teflon to continue our deal. :evil:

Even Worse was it to see, that you nameless GMs who obviously voted against Teflons Methods applied them soon after in Cadomyr. No idea if the Higher ranked officials in Runewick have to do anything on regular basis to earn that extra Rank - it appears to be a rank one inhabits until they die (Collecting rent doesn't count since you apparently collect them for your own purse - correct me if I'm wrong). Galmairians have to win the election once a year - and that is the only way to get regularly extra payment. If I was in council I would attempt to increase the councils rank one step and make room for lesser promotion of valuable town figures - the council could actually hire and distribute town tasks then.

PS.: In name of Sarangerel: I hate you all who offer to work for free. - Yes I'm looking at you militia! May you live in interesting times!
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Like S'rrt wrote the propose actually exists in game but like I wrote: the payment should increase. Im speaking only about official political ranks. Towns should find official priests in example. And yes there is a plague of working for free, but honestly most building projects should remain (i never was a part of them though) exist by free donations.

The problem with mercenarcy guild was always mostly that there is no need to exist such an idea in game where almost everyone can less or more fight. And they fight for free. I used once (but i dropped this idea) to gather mercenaries, but no one was interested (except one player, but he lost interesting). I'm sorry but I see no reason that should exist a mercenary guild in any town. Towns don't run wars.
But there is a new possibility for them -> Mages might seek bodyguards.

Arnold Schwarzenneger says: "Don't think small. Think big." But in this game if you are focused to get a huge sum by one month you have to understand that someone has to earn that sum. 10-20 gold per real month is in my opinion best price. For official and private tasks.
If you understand this you may easy get job from private char. I'm speaking here rather about those officials jobs which payments suck.
And are not interesting. Like in example that "hangman". He gets one gold. When I asked why so low I got reply did I ever see someone hanged or imprisoned? This is for fun. But I see no fun in keeping things for nothing.
Maybe this is most IG problem that "rulers" (nobles, chancellors, mostly chancellors) lack wanting to share with power and don't create good, sensible jobs for chosen by them other chars who hold lower ranks.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Game really lacks jobs for politicians to get sum to hire other chars. What do you think?
Or are you trying to say that the town leaders should pay citizens for all jobs and they don't have to earn any coin? A little confused....

Also, how is this not an in game function per each town?

Let's attempt to stick to the original proposal however.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

What means all jobs? Only those intelectual. Like priests, mages, artists etc. And only those choosen by chancellors by limit of official pocket and imagination.
Then chancellor would employ bishop and employed bishop could hire an acolyte in example.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Karrock wrote:What means all jobs? Only those intelectual. Like priests, mages, artists etc. And only those choosen by chancellors by limit of official pocket and imagination.
Then chancellor would employ bishop and employed bishop could hire an acolyte in example.
You wish basically the Chancellor of Galmair (other towns don't have Chancellors) to employ priests and priestess or artists etc. for their three gods or the town? I believe they have been looking for that. As far as pay, the Don gives them a little coin and it is up to the Chancellors in game what they do with it.

Is this proposal just about one town then?
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

The propose is to increase the chancellors official pocket to make possible this thing in game. Currently I would not be interested to work ig year for one gold coin.

Im not speaking about Runewick (because there are only ranks for one guild it seems). And Cadomyr seems does this even good (but I also don't know because I play short period of time there and I don't want to comment if this works there or not).

In Runewick I try to employ two characters currently (by this is private attempt).
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

There is nothing fixed in Galmair... negotiate and persuade people to pay you more or if you want to get in a position to hire people you are more than welcome to pay more. As for funds, the Chancellors get an allocation from the election so that is dependent on what characters put in the pot by voting. Regardless, I don't imagine anyone will want to pay for anything unless there is evidence of a job being done so active role play in game is critical.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

This appears more of an in game request at the moment, will close but let me know if wish to open for something out of game, thanks!