Raw leather and fur for Cadomyr

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Vermillion Dynasty

Raw leather and fur for Cadomyr

Post by Vermillion Dynasty »

Cadomyr is the primary tailoring town, but the food vendors sell fur and raw leather. Is there a reason for this or was it overlooked?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Raw leather and fur for Cadomyr

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I'm sorry but am not quite understanding this proposal.. perhaps this would help? http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 94&t=38019

Are you saying they shouldn't sell? Or that tailoring should sell?

I believe fur and leather is now under hunting and gathering rather then tailoring... someone correct me if wrong. Wouldn't that put them under the food?
Vermillion Dynasty

I didn't think I had to spell it out.

Fur and raw leather is mainly used by the craft tailoring.

Resources related to the primary craft is supposed to be in the town where it is primary in.

Fur and raw leather is not sold nor bought in Cadomyr.

This is inconsistent with the other crafts where their primary resources are sold and bought in their respective primary towns.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I think it's strange for a town whose primary export is tailored goods to not have an option to buy components for it, regardless of the quality of the proposal and regardless of town and type of export.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I see and yes.. for those that aren't familiar with the town spelling it out in a proposal is helpful, thank you.
..food vendors sell fur and raw leather
Fur and raw leather is not sold nor bought in Cadomyr.
I am assuming you are saying one of the vendors should sell it, thanks for the notification and yes, it should be in town.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You need tanned leather for tailoring what is traded by Thomas Dalenus in Cadomyr.
Vermillion Dynasty

Estralis Seborian wrote:You need tanned leather for tailoring what is traded by Thomas Dalenus in Cadomyr.
Nearly every leather recipe also requires fur, which is sold in Galmair and Runewick but not Cadomyr. What craft primarily uses fur? Tailoring.
Additionally, you yourself listed "Skills: Tanning and weaving, tailoring" in the thread package in the crafting post.
What do you do with raw leather? You TAN it.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Now I understood the proposal. Raw leather is a mandatory resource for tanning what is primary in Cadomyr and secondary in Runewick. So it should be traded by Thomas Dalenus and Timotheus. Fur is a border case, as it is not strictly linked to tanning. But as pointed out, it is needed nowhere else but in tailoring. In dubio pro lusore, so both materials will be added to the stock of the aforementioned traders. No change to food traders of Runewick and Galmair was proposed and also, not considered necessary.

It always helps to explain a proposal and consider all aspects related to it. Also, us developers are always happy to read what exactly needs to be changed, how and why.