New weaker wands

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Karrock

New weaker wands

Post by Karrock »

Make weaker (than lvl 90) wands possible to hold in one hand (without staff graphics on paperdoll). Then in other hand char could wield a weapon or shield and visible effect would be awesome.

This idea would be great for battlemages.
Mephistopheles

Re: New weaker wands

Post by Mephistopheles »

Why not separate magic staves from magic wands in the same relevance of two handed vs one handed weapons.

This would need some time and balance but it's not a bad idea.

Staves could provide more damage slightly slower cast time and much less defense ( should be pretty much none, should at least have bare minimum parry capability).

Wands would also provide little to no defense and should be considerably weaker than the magical staff, however casting speed would be much faster and mana consumption should be less.
Seajiha
Developer

Re: New weaker wands

Post by Seajiha »

@Mephistopheles: I like that idea, creating both staves and wands. Currently it is "staff" magic because the item-graphic is a staff and not a wand and I thought it would look ugly if no item at all is shown. This means wand magic would need new graphics - and sadly I'm not an artist. The balancing however is not such a problem as in: even the current staves are not perfectly balanced (the dev team does not have some data scientists like big companies), but I think Jupiter did a great job for a first version.

(I intend to expand the staves even further, but this would require more magic in the game, which would again require new effects aka graphics)