Mages-Archmage ring and Charm of the icebird

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mephistopheles

Mages-Archmage ring and Charm of the icebird

Post by Mephistopheles »

So I noticed in the general magic concept pdf there were no proposed effects for the Archmage Ring and the Charm of the Icebird.

What sort of effects did these items have for mages in pre-vbu?

What sort of effects should they have now?

Ideas?

Note: To clarify this is to expand upon the "Glyph Forging" aspect of the magic concept for the future.
Last edited by Mephistopheles on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mephistopheles

Re: Mages-Archmage ring and Charm of the icebird

Post by Mephistopheles »

Related pdf file with the concept is here http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9823
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Icebird came with the mage packet, I am not sure they should have any effects. I don't know if there was any advantage to the archmage ring except it was coveted and I think just given at quests...unable to be made ...though may be mistaken. Since it is made now am not sure it should have anything special either except maybe later if there is a mage helping to make it... maybe add a mana build advantage?
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Achae Eanstray wrote:Icebird came with the mage packet ...
:arrow: charm of an icebird costs 5,25 gold and is one of the high level items for finesmithing
:arrow: is this realy intended to be a part of a starter pack for mages?
:arrow: have other starter packs also one high level item like these?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

This was in the past... and I don't know the plan for starter packs in the future. Perhaps start another proposal?

As far as extra on the magic, I would think to keep it similar to fighting. They have gems.. possibly allow gems in at least the wands with a little push in the magic or help with the mana?
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

PreVBU i think the icebird had an intelligence boost. I know my mage casted stronger, more accurate and generally used less mana when wearing one. That however was on the old system. I have no idea of the intended value now.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Okay then, so how about this. Both of these trinkets were originally intended for mages and are very clearly the highest level items for the amulet and ring slots. So one could assume the effects the Glyph Forger would incite in the objects are designed to be for mages.

Rough Proposal of effects for Glyph Forgers to incite

Archmage Ring: 5-20% boosted effectiveness of all spells (On top of whatever magic bonus the item will provide itself)

Charm of the Icebird: 5-20% Chance to negate and convert incoming damage to mana.

I propose these effects because according to the concept the Rings are supposed to take a more active/offensive role while the Amulets the reactive/defensive role.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Mephistopheles wrote:Both of these trinkets were originally intended for mages and are very clearly the highest level items for the amulet and ring slots.
:arrow: keep in mind we have now also priest-magic
:arrow: may be the ring for mages the icebird for priests
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Those two items are supposed to have the highest magical bonus of all items. The values are already set in the database. The current "stop gap" magic, that is in principle archery without arrows but with some nice graphics effects, does not make use of the magical bonus at this moment.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

My question in turn is; are these bonuses going to be comparable to an enchanted ring?

If the answer is "No"

Then is there a problem with adding the proposed effects to enchanted or "Glyphed" versions of these items?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I do not fully understand the proposal, but the bonus is meant to affect all aspects of magic. And it is highest for the named items. To add glyphs to them is not planned as the glyphs are bond to a gem type.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Mephistopheles wrote:My question in turn is; are these bonuses going to be comparable to an enchanted/Gyphed ring?
If the answer is "No"

Then is there a problem with adding the proposed effects to enchanted or "Glyphed" versions of these items?
Just questions :wink: Is it the intention to just give these items a super magic boost? Why Not add more items a Glyph Forger can affect and customize with.

If it is meant to be comparable to the other rings and amulets in terms of offered effect/bonus then There is no point to this proposal and might as well lock it.