Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Last edited by Sinister on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q-wert

Re: Healing potions in PvP

Post by Q-wert »

The same topic has come up several times in the recent past. (Basically every time there has been some kind of pvp.) Yes, there needs to be work done. The options are on the table, it does need someone to code it.

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 94&t=40999
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I think you are being to kind. They will use a potion every 5 seconds and no potion needs to last 10 minutes. But I do get your reason for this. The solution probably isnt that easy though. Alchemists need to make a living too.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* if we need "potions" for PvP-fights to find a "winner" we are a realy poor community :(
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

This is rather boring and costly and usually ends up just being "who has spent more on potions"/"Who is favored more by an alchemist".
It comes down mostly to who has the highest skills and most gemmed equipment. A top tier char with one potion could defeat a handful of lesser skilled chars who all had ten each because his hits matter more and cut through the potion. The state of armor (bad - perfect) is really important, too. All these things require farming copious amounts of gold and spending a good few hours in the game to achieve. Potions aren't really the *deciding* factor. But they don't pop up out of thin air either. Like everything else in this game they cost coins and with so few alchemists already people seem to stock up in large amounts.

But, yeah, I'm not a potion apologist. The spam text can/might be annoying. Maybe it could be temporarily changed to a whispered emote or the emote has a cool off period? At least until a proposal like this is fully implemented. Remember the emotes for magic pre VBU? Now, /that/ was spam.

Lack of a clear victory doesn't always have to be boring btw. In the old days we would have our chars post a message on the town wall to alert our buddies so that they'd log in and outnumber the foe(s). It also annoys me when chars will sit and watch a long fight and have their chars emote yawning etc etc. People who do that are not helping and it's not cute. Please stop :wink: .
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* all i read here is about technical limitations or reasons to win / loose a fight PvP
* :arrow: is this realy all?
* :arrow: we are playing together ((not against each other))
* :arrow: it is also allowed that a "better equiped and trained" player char ((whatever this means)) loose a fight
* :arrow: if technic is the only factor deciding who win / loose a fight PvP - may be we all should play single olayer fighting games
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Hew normally only wins maybe 30% of fights. Mostly due to Alchemy, the opponent gulping potions or as I recently learned, bombs. If not for these potions, he may win as much as 70-80%. These are good things. It levels the field. Sure, I guess I could have Hew chug them too, but he is far to cheap for that, but I dont. I like that there is a way that a lesser skilled or equiped character can compete. The problem isn't that they exist or work, but maybe how they are used by us, the players of.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Among my growing unfinished stuff I have a PvP guide sitting somewhere, a small excerpt from it:
In my experience the winner of a fight is determined the following way:

Tier 1 (~Lvl. 80) looses to:
Tier 2 (Lvl. 100) looses to:
Tier 3 (Lvl. 100 with gems) looses to:
Tier 4 (Lvl 100 with mixed armour and weapon types)

Using the right combination of weapon/armour increases the tier for about one in the lower tiers. Three characters of one lower tier are (very) roughly as strong as one of a higher tier (as in they need the same amount of potions to keep going). What really makes certain characters as strong as they are is a mixed set of armour (which takes away the ability to choose the right weapon against them) and the ability to always use the right weapon against lower tiers. To reach Tier 4 one of course does need level 100 in all weapon and armour types and suitable chosen equipment. By that time they usually have lots of gems, too. Gems help and are powerful, but are less important than being tier 4 and having good attributes.
Also, what he said:
Kugar wrote:Lack of a clear victory doesn't always have to be boring btw. In the old days we would have our chars post a message on the town wall to alert our buddies so that they'd log in and outnumber the foe(s). It also annoys me when chars will sit and watch a long fight and have their chars emote yawning etc etc. People who do that are not helping and it's not cute. Please stop :wink: .
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Suggestion.. spam less attacks and potions in pvp and use more emotes.

It looks better to those "who are just watching"

Possibly inspiring more than yawns.