Command, translate IG

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Hew Keenaxe

Command, translate IG

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

The command menu needs to be updated. For translate all that has to be done is double click the sentence you want translated, but this isn't listed in the command center. I only found it by being drunk and desperate. And it seems to work fairly well, if you are already used to having to figure out what some may be saying. It is still near as good as Google translate, and a whole lot easier to reach. But nothing in the command center says anything about it. And language is one of our biggest dividers. This is in need of an update.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Command, translate IG

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Can you specify what this command menu/center is? If you refer to the command posts, they appear to me to be mostly in English, not German.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

They all are, but not one says to double click a massage to get the translate. It says to CTRL+C or CRTRL+V, not to just double click the sentence you want translated.
Estralis Seborian

I do not understand what "it" is. Where is CTRL+C / CTRL+V being referred to? What do you need translated from what language to what language?

The double click translation is a feature of the client that translates any text in the chat box, but not a menu IIRC. So you can translate what a German player just said.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

And it does seem to be, but in the comand menu, IG, it is not listed. All other functions are listed,How too show names, F12, How to pick up items, P..... how to walk how to talk how to do anything, but not how to double click for a translation. And I have been playing for some time and just learned this by accident. It should be listed.
Estralis Seborian

Thanks, got it now :-). You refer to the command overview (F1).

I have submitted a ticket: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11471
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Thank you.