Getränke /Drinks

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Lia

Getränke /Drinks

Post by Lia »

Ich habe mir, seit dem Update mehr Gedanken um die Nahrung gemacht.
Die verschiedensten Speisen haben alle einen Wert der sich eine zeitlang auf die Attribute auswirkt.
Die Meisten jedenfalls.

Die Getränke hingegen gar nicht.

Aber betrachten wir das doch mal näher. Lebewesen brauchen Wasser. Und Alkohol beeinträchtigt uns.
Warum es nicht auch ins Spiel einführen.

Alkoholische Getränke machen betrunken. Interessant wäre hier ein negativer Wert der sich, je nach Menge die man zu sich nimmt auf den Charakter auswirkt.
Heißt ein Handwerker trifft nach einem Saufgelage in der Taverne nicht mehr so gut mit dem Hammer. Ein Krieger nicht mehr so gut mit dem Schwert.

Das könnte man dann noch an die jeweiligen Rassen anpassen. Ein ZWerg verträgt sicherlich mehr als ein Elf zum Beispiel.

Und die Charaktere könnten durstig werden und brauchen dann Wasser was sie erfrischt.
Hier könnte man überlegen ob man einen positiven Efeckt wie bei den Speisen einführt.

Ich weiß das negative Effekte nicht so einfach sind. Es ist auch nur ein Gedanke.

Natürlich könnte man es auch rein auf das RP beschränken.

Man bekommt die Meldung " dein Hals ist trocken du sehnst dich nach einen erfrischendem Wasser."
und Andere bekommen die Meldung " xY sieht durstig aus." "xy scheint durstig zu sein, seine Lippen sind ganz trocken"
Und so weiter

Hat man dann etwas getrunken bekommt man die Meldung. "Du fühlst dich erfrischt"

Bei Alkoholischen Getränken könnte man das genau so machen. "Du fühlst dich leicht beschwipst" "Du fühlst dich betrunken"
Andere bekommen die Meldung. "xy sieht angetrunken aus." "xy scheint betrunken er schwankt leicht."
und so weiter

Ist eine gewisse Zeit vergangen in welcher man nichts alkoholisches getrunken hat , vermindert sich der Effekt, bis man die Meldung bekommt. "Du bist wieder nüchtern"
Und Andere bekommen die Meldung. "xy sieht wieder nüchtern aus."

Soweit ich mich entsinne gab es früher auch das Charaktere krank wurden und dann immer wieder den autoemote hatten "xy niest"
Und eine Weile am warmen Feuer verbringen mußten damit sie sich wieder gesund fühlten.

I have, since the update more thoughts about the food made.
The most varied dishes have a value which affects the attributes for a long time.
Most of them, anyway.

The drinks however not at all.

But let's take a closer look. Living beings need water. And alcohol affects us.
Why not introduce it into the game.

Alcoholic drinks make drunk. Interesting here would be a negative value, depending on the amount one takes on the character affects.
Is a craftsman after a lot of Beer in the tavern not so good with the hammer. A warrior is no longer so good with the sword.

This could be adapted to the respective races. A dwarf is certainly more than an elf, for example.

And the characters might be thirsty and then need water to refresh them.
Here one could consider whether one introduces a positive effect as with the food.

I know the negative effects are not so simple. It is also just a thought.

Of course you could also restrict it to the RP.

You get the message "your throat is dry, you long for a refreshing water."
And others get the message "xY looks thirsty." "Xy seems to be thirsty, his lips are quite dry"
And so on

If you have something drunk you get the message. "You feel refreshed"

In the case of alcoholic beverages, this could be done exactly the same way. "You feel slightly tipsy" "You feel drunk"
Others get the message. "Xy looks drunk." "Xy seems drunk he sways easily."
And so on

If a certain time has elapsed in which you have not drunk alcohol, the effect diminishes until you get the message. "You are sober again"
And others get the message. "Xy looks sober again."

As far as I remember, there were also earlier the characters were ill and then again and again the caremote had "xy sneeze"
And they had to spend a while at the warm fire to make them feel well again.
Karrock

Re: Getränke /Drinks

Post by Karrock »

Im against that mechanics tell me how I have to rp my char. Trust me people rp drunk if they are in this state.

And regarding to drinks I wrote once, several days before in other topic:
Karrock wrote:In topic of new fighting system: I have an idea of new bar for thirst. Char should drink to have energy to do special attacks. Like in other games to do special attack you would have to target enemy and press a button. Every attack would have cooldown and would use drinking bar's points. These moves/attacks char could learn from quests or other characters (like in magic system we had).
Lia

Post by Lia »

Karrock wrote:
Karrock wrote:In topic of new fighting system: I have an idea of new bar for thirst. Char should drink to have energy to do special attacks. Like in other games to do special attack you would have to target enemy and press a button. Every attack would have cooldown and would use drinking bar's points. These moves/attacks char could learn from quests or other characters (like in magic system we had).
I am against this. Illarion was for me all the Years a Rollplay ! Game. to make more special attacks, spells and something like this would Illarion make more like other MMORPG. And this would then no longer Illarion.
It is the "Old" Charme what make Illarion to something special Game for me.

I play long time Rollplay in a mmorpg who have this special attacks, spells and more. sure the technic is better and the Grafic too. But did we really need this? Illarion dont need to try make other mmorpgs Concurenz. It has his one Charme and that is good.

back to topic.

Like i write it. It dont need push the Technic things from our Character. Can be only for rp. And sure you would play your Character like you want to do it. It is your Character and no one know him better then you.
But...i think it would be a Challenge to try with things what happens with your Character what not is full under your Control.

And by the Way i never see one who really play a drunk Character with all good and bad aspect. Most play to drunk a lot of beer and some minutes later they run in the next enemy and fight them like they have take a long good break bevor. ;)

I hope it can be unterstand what i mean. (oh and sorry if some fault in the Text. I am not so good in englisch and its really late. ^^ )
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

I propose drinks fill the yellow hunger bar. (Could do it at random) Its only more fair and realistic.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

They do
Hirenkirit

Post by Hirenkirit »

But filling of hunger bar through drinking brewing items is slow as compared to other dishes.
we make dish or cookies from vegetables, Similarly we make juices from fruits.
While eating dish is easy & fills remarkable hunger bar, where as to drink from bottle it is lengthy process to pour in cup-goblet & it fills very slowly hunger bar.
So as compared to processing time till eat-drink. I propose that drinking cup-goblet fill hunger bar remarkable. May be number of cup-goblet filling from a bottle be decreased to compensate more filling filling hunger bar.

! bottle of wine consist of 5 grapes. And Approximately 5-7 goblets can be filled from a bottle.
Now filling hunger bar seems same when we drink 1 cup of wine = eating of 1 grape fruit.
Atleast processing is done on grapes, so better if hunger bar increases more after drink a cup of wine.
I Propose to make wine from 10 grapes. & only 3 goblets can be made from 1 bottle. Then Drinking a goblet will give remarkable filling of hunger bar.

Fruit to Goblet/cup/glass of juices includes 2 processes. 1st takes with Empty large bottles, 2nd takes place with goblet/cup/glass.
So according to processing time fulfilling of hunger bar should be in this way : Sip of goblet/cup/glass = Eating of 3-4 fruits.

Consider : If one citizen of Illarion desires to take profession of Brewing. So he/she will only harvest fruits. And will brew juices after getting bottles. Now No other citizen will going to buy his/her products unless goblet/cup/glass of fruit have remarkable capacity of filling hunger bar. If each sip provides hunger bar equal to eating of 4 fruits then Other citizen will buy it, they will think it is better to drink sip of fruit (1 Click) than eating of 4 fruits (4 Clicks).
Got the point ?

-Hirenkirit.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

To be honest, I don't see a reason why anyone would want to buy drinks in order to fill his hunger bar ;) It's just not worth the effort to have two manage a goblet, a bottler, to fill in, to drink. Eating the dishes or cakes is a lot faster. Brewing is quite much a useless skill if we leave out the few drinks used in cooking. I don't think this is bad. It is more of hobby craft than a craft to live on. Personally, I would like to see more such skills.
However, if you think that drinks should have more of a use, I would prefer something else than just being a poor copy of cooked and baked goods. So before we go and increase the nutrition value per goblet, let's think about something more special and fun drinks could have. First thing that plops to my mind: Making drink mixable so you could create cocktails with different tastes depending on the drinks you mixed up.
Hirenkirit

Post by Hirenkirit »

We can't neglect Brewing skill as useless skill, as it is part of game. And Fun that is main aim of any game.
So many coding programme efforts brings skill live in game. I just propose that hunger bar should be increased more so that drinks also preferable.
Yeah mixing of drinks like cocktails. gives rise new ideas. In Short all fruits give rise to juices drinks. I have many recipes of various drinks. I will convert those receipes according to our available fruits which will be added with other eatables like eggs, honey etc. If interested I will show off.
Eg.
1. Orange Berries with Milk : 1 Bottle + 5 Oranges + 5 Berries + 1 Bottle Milk
2. Cidar Wine Juice : 1 Bottle + 5 Apples + 5 Grapes + Sugar + 1 Bucket Water
3. Carrot and Orange Juice : 1 Bottle + 5 Carrots + 5 Oranges + 1 Honey + 1 Bucket Water
4. Berry Banana Smoothie : 1 Bottle + 5 Berries + 5 Bananas + 2 Milk + 2 Egg
5. Mixed Fruit Red Juice : 1 Bottle + 3 Berries + 3 Cherries + 3 Strawberries + 2 Blackberries + 2 Sugar + 1 Bucket Water
6. Mixed Fruit Orange Juice : 1 Bottle + 3 Oranges + 3 Bananas + 3 Tangerine + 2 Sugar + 1 Bucket Water
7. Mixed Fruit Jam : 1 Bottle + 4 Apples + 4 Cherries + 4 Oranges + 2 Nuts + 2 Honey
and so on......

-Hirenkirit.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Hirenkirit wrote:So many coding programme efforts brings skill live in game. I just propose that hunger bar should be increased more so that drinks also preferable.
What he said. ^^^^^

Drinks should give more points to the hunger bar. And also stats if possible. Possibly negative stats if you drink too much.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Here's an idea....

What if drinks restored the Mana Bar much like food restores the Health Bar? Then we wouldn't have to rely on mana potions, but could use drinks in the same way! They could work exactly like the food side.

Maybe some of the better ones may even give you a little "Invulnerability" like a temporary magic gem effect? When you're drunk, you certainly feel invulnerable! It would add some mystery and usefulness to brewing, which is a fully stocked craft now.

Just my two coppers!
maryday

Post by maryday »

((Those who already know my general approach on matters may continue reading past the first smiley.
Mod: Sure. Delete the first part.
All others: Have fun!))

"Erm...Sir! Mister! Wait!
Are you sure you took the right turn?
You know... i`ve been listening... and i wondered...

...since my first daughter got hairs on her feet,
i`m giving THEM Cider in the morning, Mead for lunch and Burnberries for supper.
And it works. They don`t start doing strange things... asking weird questions...
hanging around with those library schmucks... instead of working hard to succeed...

And i know i`m right! Mister William told me...Hey! WAIT!

Believe me! It`s easier then having to take care of them all the time!
And...i wondered... are you lone...erm.. working too much sometimes?
Maybe need some help washing your dishes?"

Back to Topic; :wink:
Lia: I also like certain kinds of Auto-Emotes. Not all. Might be difficult to keep the balance in this special case.
Playing a drunkard CAN offer possibilites for RP. Yet "walking this line consistently" will quickly earn, the char, what it would in RL:
disrespect
+winking
+revulsion
=NOT FUN
Hirenkirit / Jupiter: Your approach makes me think of that "spitting contest" in Monkey Island II. FUN! 64-bit Dynamixibility!
Juniper: Hello. Hmmm...Yes! Name it "temporal damage resistance" instead of partial "invulnerability" and you`ve got my vote.
Many char AND mob "classes" would benefit from that. The bull next door, the Firewasp, the drunken orc warrior, the sober Galmairian nobleman, the Cadomyrian cavalryman whose horse got offended,
the 6yo Nargùn Priest from Runewick beeing sent to bed without supper... I`m sure you get me.

This is how far i got (excluding heartburn and according influence on WIL-checks):
This proposal does not include interfacing designs towards a magic/priest/witchery mechanic probably in development.
For some reason certain edible herbs/mushrooms where remade as not-edible, pre-VBU. I suppose we know why.

Alcohol:
According to the present alchemy sys it might be no problem to implement penalties or bonuses resulting from consumption of (more or less) poisonous substances.
The given example (alcohol) might offer penalties on WL/INT/PER/ESS and bonuses on STR/END (and WIL in short term if you want it to).

(De-) Hydration:
I doubt that a complicated nutrition system is on the roadmap right now? ((Without having asked the mantis on this.))

The char related stats in need of development would be like:

Code: Select all

'Stomach' refers to END/PER/WIL;
'Blood' refers to END/PER/STR;

-Max. Capacity (Stomach)
-Capacity var (Stomach)
-Max. Nutrition (Blood) OR Food Consumption Modifier
-Nutrition var (Blood)
-Max. Hydration (Blood)
-Hydration var (Stomach)
-Hydration var (Blood)
-Hydration Refill Modifier (Stomach->Blood)
-Max. Poisoning (Blood) OR Poison Consumption Modifier
-Poisoning var (Stomach)
-Poisoning var (Blood)

According food/edible/consumable related stats (fixed) might be:
-Capacity
-Nutrition
-Hydration Decay (Blood)
-Hydration Decay (Stomach)
-Hydration Time Modifier
-Hydration Refill
-Poisoning Danger Maximum
-Poisoning Danger Minimum
-Poisoning Danger Availability (Stomach->Blood)
-Poisoning Danger Time
-Poisoning Danger Decay
Applying those fixed stats to the probably dynamic? alchemy sys (to bridge the gap towards magic) might be....erm...PAINFUL!
Estimated minimum development effort without including addiction or behavioural disorder. :wink: Of the chars.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Since Mana regeneration and Hunger is already manipulated by food and alchemy I tried to think about something new and unique.

Drinks could boost your AP-regeneration for just a little bit.
And or
Increase the gathering - crafting speed just a little bit.

All drinks should have the same purpose, don't force anyone to play an alcoholic because a certain boost is needed. Also I don't think negative effects would be a lot of fun.

Another Point I'm thinking about since a while is labeling the bottles the brewer made, like Alchemists are allowed with their brews.