magical Gemsmith-Hemp Necktie

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Mephistopheles

magical Gemsmith-Hemp Necktie

Post by Mephistopheles »

The Hemp nectie needs a magical gemsmith for outlaws

Otherwise outlaws will only have access to latent sets of gems. Which is quite unfair mechanically.
Estralis Seborian

Re: magical Gemsmith-Hemp Necktie

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Currently, this unfairness is per design. The Hemp Necktie Inn also does not have half a dozen of NPC traders and static tools.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

This is poor design.

Outlaws should not be "punished" mechanically like this, it makes them utterly weaker with no hope to face the townsfolk even if they had an organised guild.

I think through personal experience that there's enough roleplay punishment to manage than to have to deal with mechanical limitations, I can at least find my static tools in the wilderness for now, However I have no way to improve my gems that I work quite hard to get through maps and gathering tasks.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

This is a legitimate concern and may merit reviewing the relevant design guidelines.

I promise, there will be some internal discussion about the pros and cons of the current system and what changes are necessary.

Afterwards, you can probably expect a public statement and discussion about it because of how often this and similar concerns have come up on this and the General board. I'll make no guarantees on deadlines though.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

* may be you can find a chitizen who can help you ((some will change their "high level gems" into level1 gems))
* i have no problem if a gemsmith would be at the Hempty
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Mephistopheles wrote:This is poor design.
The only reason for this is purely ooc punishment on those who don't assimilate. That may sound ridiculous but when you consider that this decision lacks any in game logic or roleplay sense (omitting a potentially crooked and shamed gem-smith character in the wilderness who offers this trade at a higher price for profit), it's clear as day. Claiming it's a design choice and working toward a game that strives to be a living breathing world that's home to a plethora of possibilities for its players (!all of them) just aren't compatible. But whatever, it's not my game. That's just my opinion as a player. I still love the devs for what they're doing but I can't rightly agree with this decision they made.
may be you can find a chitizen who can help you ((some will change their "high level gems" into level1 gems))
Maybe not, too :wink:
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I agree with this idea. It's rather shame that outlaws don't have such a support, yet. I consider maybe in future to become outlaw as one char, but lack of gems (they should get diamonds at least) stops me.
Kugar wrote:
may be you can find a chitizen who can help you ((some will change their "high level gems" into level1 gems))
Maybe not, too :wink:
Yes this tip is weak. Someone who play outlaw is rather not such a friendly to ask everyone.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Karrock wrote:Someone who play outlaw is rather not such a friendly to ask everyone.
:arrow: this is an rpg - you should interact with other people and this does not mean try to to kill them all
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

GolfLima wrote:
Karrock wrote:Someone who play outlaw is rather not such a friendly to ask everyone.
:arrow: this is an rpg - you should interact with other people and this does not mean try to to kill them all
Yes but this game is not a chat (or irc) neither. We have skills, stats, items, properties, etc. to improve our chars interactions with others on own rules like we see our chars how they should act in some situations. Someone who play a "bandit" or "villein" doesn't ask every people for anything. That would be a bad rp. Just imagine a bandit who one day attacks someone and rob and beat down, and other day comes to town to barter with that person...
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

It's not neccassary about asking somebody. Give the person some money, corrupt him or her. Force somebody to help you or be sneaky and trick somebody to help you.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Karrock wrote: ...I consider maybe in future to become outlaw as one char, but lack of gems (they should get diamonds at least) ...
:arrow:
1 ) as i know magical diamonds have no function at the moment
2 ) why should Outlaws got diamonds? - as i know they do not pay taxes
3 ) i agree with Katharina Ross - there are a lot of ways to get "high" level magical gems for "low" level magical gems
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

This is not solution. I send you to my previous post.
And in my opinion gems by taxes system should be removed. And instead of this system should exist other one.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Karrock wrote:This is not solution. I send you to my previous post.
And in my opinion gems by taxes system should be removed. And instead of this system should exist other one.
And which system should exist in your point of view?
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

You cannot say a System is bad without introducing another one.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Alrik wrote:
Karrock wrote:This is not solution. I send you to my previous post.
And which system should exist in your point of view?
Current system doesn't let new chars to catch up old ones. Never. And when someone makes a longer break of game he loses chances to get gems.
My chars have rather small amount of gems. I never collect money to depot to get better inflow of gems.

I had before this idea:
Karrock wrote:And I wrote about game "Punch Club" I write more: In that game you have still work on your abilities on special tools (it's simulator of boxer) to raise your abilities (strenght, agility etc) with time they lose. Character is losing form with time. That's why you must still work. None is sure is he/she master. It's much grind but it's great simulator of training. I love that game. This proposal gives "work" even if character is max skilled. And not making uber-warriors not to beat.
And gives chances to add fair punishment while someone died (Losing abilities: strenght, agility, will power etc.)
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

I don't really get the benefit. Long played characters/players with lot of time will always have an advantage then (because they could train this things a lot). How to ensure that newer players/players with not so much time could catch up? Would be the same problem with the taxes and gems as it is now in my eyes.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Karrock wrote: ... And not making uber-warriors not to beat.
:arrow:
1 ) in a fight PvP you can use emotes to get a result you / both players wish or can live with ... ==> so a "maxed fighter" can also loose the fight
2 ) the "fight engine" is only for NPC- fights usefull
3 ) may be my char. have some more magical gems than you´rs but my char. realy seldom uses this one weapon he has with a set of gems and most of the gems he has are only in his depot --> having mag. gems doesnt mean that you have to use them
4 ) there will allways be a better fighter / crafter / ...
5 ) still no answer about the magical gem system and the distribution of such gems
6 ) sorry for the bad english :wink:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I've filed the aspect of magical diamonds on Mantis: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11382
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Is there a mantis ticket for this yet?
Evie
Developer

Post by Evie »

I am not aware if there has been a ticket made yet. However if its approved through game design to make a gem smith at the Hempty, I am willing to do the work. I will try and get into IRC the next few days and discuss this. It may have already been discussed an answered, if so I apologize have been in and out of late with RL.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

No complaints here, thx Evie