Balancing: Running causing Hunger

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Q-wert

Balancing: Running causing Hunger

Post by Q-wert »

Just a small idea to make player made food more interesting:

Have running cause a really small, tiny bit of hunger for each step, for as long as the character is not affected by a food buff.

And thats it. Running to have some fatiguing effect (that might also have less characters dart through town without a reason) is something I would find immersive. Running is completely optional, while one still could run without ever buying food (it merely becomes inconvenient as plugging fruit takes time).
Quality food items would also become a commonly interesting good.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Balancing: Running causing Hunger

Post by Jupiter »

I like the idea.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

YES, running should lower the foodbar faster than walking.
Trufalia

Post by Trufalia »

There is too much space getting from one area to the other and too many monsters to run away from for me to have to carry more food because I am running. Sometimes it is difficult to carry food among other things. I imagine this might be an advantage with crafters but fighters and mages might have a more difficult time outside of town.

What about just in the towns?

Someone else that I talked to had an alternative idea.. in conjunction with this idea decrease the weight of food in general. I would be fine with that also.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Currently, time consumes food and also crafting/gathering. I understand this proposal as increasing the food consumption during running compared to walking and standing still, but not a massive increase in overall food consumption. I am in favour of this approach as it is very immersive. We don't have a script entry point, so this is a server action.

Teleporting between places is currently under discussion in another context.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Don't like it. I don't want an eating simulator. :?
Lia

Post by Lia »

Bevor wir sowas einfügen, sollte der Hunger beim Edelsteinschleifen gefixt werden.
Pro 50 Edelsteine, ist der Hungerbalken komplett leer und die Zange kurz vorm zerbrechen.
Das ist schon mehr als nur heftig. Zumal Edelstein schleifen sehr langsam vorran geht.

Before we add something , hunger should be fixed at the gemstone grinding .

Pro 50 gems , the hunger bar is completely empty and the pliers break shortly before .
That's more than just hard. Especially gemstone grinding goes very slowly .