Gate closing

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Hew Keenaxe

Gate closing

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Somehow, this needs to be made easier.
Not for me, I have played this game long enough to know how to do it. But for those that are newer.
Now that it is Mas, and the call t keep gates closed was put out ( though it doesn't really matter) Newbs have been trying to close gates, and they cant. Easy to open , or close on the sunny side, but hard on the shadow side. It seems to be a simple thing, but I have witnessed several new players struggle doing it. Again, again, again, then just quit trying. If they cant do it on the second effort, something is wrong. We are not talking about beating that foe, just closing a gate. If you want some to stay, basic mechanics should be much easier.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Gate closing

Post by Estralis Seborian »

We used to have a mapping guideline never to place gates facing North or East to avoid the described problem. Of course, such a guideline does not solve the problem but bypasses it.

Still, I think it is the easiest solution here to change all affected gates and doors. Apart from Galmair main gate, where are other such gates "in the shadows"?
LucyP

Re: Gate closing

Post by LucyP »

The shadow actually comes from standing behind the gate/door. This makes it difficult to find/click on the item as you can't even see it from the total fade/disappearance. While the Galmair gates are to the north and east, they are not the only gates with an issue. Galmair's south gates are very difficult to open/close.

So, shadows is about the fade of the item/gate/door and player's inability to see them and get a good lock on them to double click.