Open Bar

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Kamilar

Open Bar

Post by Kamilar »

A fun idea for events would be for characters to have the ability to make an account at the bar and have the items then be free to everyone for a certain period of time.

This makes a lot of sense in my head but I don't know if I'm explaining it right. :?
Lord Arcia

Re: Open Bar

Post by Lord Arcia »

Can't this already be done IG by a GM taking control of an NPC and passing out drinks?

Or do you mean something automated?
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

All I know, is if you have an open bar, you best have a bouncer too. Because Hew will be there. :D ...
IF he is allowed in.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Why not hire a player char to hand out drinks and food for free? Maybe more work but also more interaction :P
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I meant something automated. Having a player pass out food and stuff is alright but it's kind of a boring job and there's the issue of inventory and being dependent on someone that might be dealing with stuff behind the screen and not able to devote themselves to the task. Having a GM do it has some of the same problems as a player. Two hours tending bar is a long time in Illarion. Though as Hew points out, there's room to abuse an open bar in game as in life. Maybe build in a tip jar?