New 4th Faction

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Fooser

New 4th Faction

Post by Fooser »

I have a new idea that will lessen the amount of drama and butthurt that goes on: A new 4th faction. There could be a new special section of the map just for it. This faction would have special rules set up just for it which include:
-All PvP is turned off within the boundaries
-All conflict is banned
-The rule against cybering is suspended just for that area, when a player joins this faction a message will appear where the player will have to certify they are over 18 years old
-Anything that makes another character or player uncomfortable is forbidden

Nothing that happens in the 4th faction can effect the rest of the game. The map would be fairly easy, everyone gets a small house with a key they can lock. There can be some farm fields too.
Djironnyma

Re: New 4th Faction

Post by Djironnyma »

Fooser wrote:-The rule against cybering is suspended just for that area, when a player joins this faction a message will appear where the player will have to certify they are over 18 years old
This wll not happen cause the german law.

Read further informations here: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=38865
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Well, it happens regardless. At least this way forcing people to certify their age may give you some legal protection.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Once again: It is complet out of discussions, it will not happen. The reasons are well explained in the linked topic.

If you notice anyone who do it anyway you are asked to report to a GM or CM.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Apart from the cyber (which is nonsense and Fooser knows it), I like the idea of a non-PvP zone. I know the idea was rejected in the past but a no-drama zone seems like a good enough idea.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I fail to see what benefit this would provide that IRC cannot. It's completely separate from the rest of the game, has no impact on the game, and seems to just be a place for players to hang around when they don't want to actually play. IRC and teamspeak should serve this fine.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I would rather see place for "evil" characters than idea like this. It looks like making a place for chat. Game lacks fraction what would inspires to conflicts.
Now attacking others is fastest way to get banned from all towns, so I'm surprised why you lack place with no pvp.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Worst idea ever.
Maybe if we had a huge population base, but we dont.
As is, we should just have ONE town, plus Hemptie. One for those that can get along, and one for those who cant. One that has benefits, and one that doesnt. Make us all learn how to get along. We could add more towns as the population rises, they are already developed, but until then, we need to concentrate on playing together more than apart.
Damien

Re:

Post by Damien »

Karrock wrote:I would rather see place for "evil" characters than idea like this. It looks like making a place for chat. Game lacks fraction what would inspires to conflicts.
Now attacking others is fastest way to get banned from all towns, so I'm surprised why you lack place with no pvp.
There was once a GM who built a "base" for an "evil" group called" The temple". That base could not be entered by any other faction and had an own teleportation system. They also got teleportation devices that bring them to their "safe" location from everywhere else.

In the end of the story, they abused the system for harassing other groups of players and porting home whenever they risked capture or death. That made them quite invincible, and a handful of them picked on groups of players to demonstrate their "power"... until several other people were so annoyed that not few of them started playing on some UO shard instead of Illarion.

--> Even if you have responsibly acting "evil character" players (which is very rare, cause most "evil" character players play such characters because they like the feeling of their character executing power over others and not for the sole purpose of entertaining the other players) you will always end up having players joining such a group who will abuse such advantages. Some will always break or bend the rules brought along with it. Because of the chance of abuse is so high, such concepts can not really be used in illarion.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I had to miss it. Anyway I had similar idea. It's sad it's not possible.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Hew Keenaxe wrote:Worst idea ever.
Maybe if we had a huge population base, but we dont.
As is, we should just have ONE town, plus Hemptie. One for those that can get along, and one for those who cant. One that has benefits, and one that doesnt. Make us all learn how to get along. We could add more towns as the population rises, they are already developed, but until then, we need to concentrate on playing together more than apart.
It's an awful idea .. without context. The faction system started as one of the more promising parts of the VBU but has since proven to be a complete disaster. Players are split, GMs are asked to keep track of what others GMs did or to play multiple NPCs (sometimes at the same time), the RP is low effort and low quality and often ends with someone using a mech ban and calling it a day, and different towns are entirely dead in different time zones leaving newbs to fend for themselves and/or quit. It's like choosing between three different types of diarrhea: brown, dark brown, or black. It's a major liability to growing the game moving forward. Is there one player left who would vouch for the valuable nature of the faction system? The other reality is it's not going anywhere so the best we can do is propose modifications. Combine Runewick and Cadomyr and make a third faction, a place for all the sensitive snowflakes. Then maybe the rest of the game would be occasionally interesting.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Request denied by servel developers. Topic locked