Rebalancing of Magical Gems

Here you can make and discuss suggestions to improve the game. / Hier kannst du Vorschläge einreichen und diskutieren um das Spiel zu verbessern.

Moderator: Developers

Annabeth

Re: Rebalancing of Magical Gems

Post by Annabeth »

As a rank 9 in Cadomyr I got 2 latents and 1 limited this month, meanwhile my rank 2 in Galmair got 1 limited.
I really don't see this whole "Cadomyr gets so many more gems than us" thing.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

(reposting Banduks visualisation of gem income)

The weak points regarding gems have been identified and been assigned to tasks in Mantis. The thread has dissolved into people pointing out the obvious or making statements barely connected to the threads matter or without having a look on the numbers.

Proposal: Lock Topic.
Ragorn

Post by Ragorn »

Banduk wrote:Sorry, I think the basic numbers from the long term statistics are not taken into consideration. I think there is a great difference in between what a player feel and what really happened.
Of course I did take your numbers in consideration also. And your graph shows it nicely - the problems are the amplitudes!
Annabeth wrote:As a rank 9 in Cadomyr I got 2 latents and 1 limited this month, meanwhile my rank 2 in Galmair got 1 limited.
I really don't see this whole "Cadomyr gets so many more gems than us" thing.
The problem, that player chars in small fractions can easily manipulate the gem output (formula) should be clear.
The only thing you can see in the above numbers is, that in the last ig month the donations were zero to quite low in both fractions.

Another problem is, that too many gems in one fraction lead to "trade" problems, which currently are mainly solved ooc'ly.
Banduk had a proposal to solve that: Make it possible to change 2 gems into 1 gem of another kind. (I would rather change the ration to 3 to 1 ... but okay ..)
Q-wert wrote:Proposal: Lock Topic.
As a player of a char that mainly profits from the current solution, you are perfectly right to propose the lock of this topic, Q-wert!
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Ragorn wrote:The problem, that player chars in small fractions can easily manipulate the gem output (formula) should be clear.

:arrow: seems this is the main Problem here
:arrow: think this is the reason for most of the other problems
:arrow: this Problem should be solved
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

You make me curious, Ragorn.

-Why are the amplitudes a problem? If you take out the donations of soul pain money in the first half, I only see one major jump in gem output. And that was basicly all players of Runewick working together, in an series of events. With roleplay, politics and all the interesting things this game wishes to promote.

-Why is it a problem that player characters in small factions can 'manipulate' the gem output? They can more easily coordinate for when to dump their money into the donation box, but the overall gain remains just the same.

-Who solves the 'trade problem' oocly? This would be a violation of the game rules and I am very interested to know of who you accuse to do so. What you call a trade problem is simply the result of the balancing mechanism the gem system is there for. It discourages playing in overpopulated settlements.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Q-wert wrote:-Why is it a problem that player characters in small factions can 'manipulate' the gem output?
:arrow: if you´re char is not in such a group -> than you are the LOOSER, you need to do much more to get an comparable output of gems .... and YES it is much more difficult to animate more people to increase the tax income / gift to town ..... so as a char of a high populated town you´re penelized, and ther is nothing you can do against it ((or you change the town and get other gems))
Ranwyln

Post by Ranwyln »

Who solves the 'trade problem' oocly? This would be a violation of the game rules and I am very interested to know of who you accuse to do so. What you call a trade problem is simply the result of the balancing mechanism the gem system is there for. It discourages playing in overpopulated settlements.

I think this is not what the Gem System should be for, cause people should choose the towns they live in for RP reasons and not cause of the gems, if towns lack population it can have several reasons: lack of overall players, lack of RP in those city (or only rp in small groups, where it can be very hard to get connection to), mainly people of one timezone so the town is deserted in other timezones, or the leadership of the towns is so special that you have to play in a certain way in a town to become happy there.

And if the Gem system is used for population control in the citys i would vouch again for stop giving out gems for taxes, make em drop/gather/event only. (Even if it would be needed to wipe all existing gems than to make it fair again), or maybe even skip gems completely with the magic system and give more diversity in weapons/armour + boni through crafting/enchanting whatever on em (would increase trade and interaction and it could be temporary buffs on weapons like the potions (for example grinding stone worst quality, sharpens your blade for an x actions +1 damage ) )